• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. B

Cheap, small amp for serious practice?

For me, the cost compared to other options is the issue. Plus, the amplitube UA software isn't as supported. Deplike has other options like a metronome and the ability to play over tracks. It's looking like some other digital interface would be the ticket.... I would like to have had the...
  2. B

I'll check them out.
  3. B

I've been researching this idea since you mentioned it. This might be a good option. I really hadn't looked at how far these things have come. Problem is, it seems you need iRig UA to work with android and amplitube.
  4. B

I'm not really a pedal guy. I have a moded DS1 that I take with me to play on other people's guitar rigs.
  5. B

Why all the hate for blues jams and lawyers with nice guitars?

I don't understand why anyone would be upset at people that want to play music, get together and do so.
  6. B

How does one transform to become a legitimate blues player??

Blues is just a style of music. Musicians learn to play styles of music. The more attention they pay to the nuances of that style, the better they become in that style. We all start at the bottom and work our way up. Aside from the joke comments in this thread, the whole idea that you can't...
  7. B

How does one transform to become a legitimate blues player??

RL Burnside was pretty legit. But he is gone.
  8. B

Used ones seem to be going for $700. That doesn't really hit my version of cheap. Plus it's going to be loud. I'm thinking less than $200 and probably around $100.
  9. B

Is the cube demanding when it comes to chops? I'm wanting something that is responsive like a semi plexi.... the kind of amp that makes you look bad if you aren't on top of your playing.
  10. B

Unforgiving is a good word for what I'm looking for.
  11. B

Oh, I might would build an amp for a similar purpose later... tweed? But right now I need cheap.
  12. B

Hello everyone. I've been out of playing for a few years and am looking to get back at it. I'm looking for a cheap amp that will help me improve my chops. Playing in a live situation, I have an 18 watt amp that I built and sounds great. It's just really a little too loud and heavy for...
  13. B

Prof. Herring—School's in session!

Awesome thread. Jimmy is really an incredible player. He really got be back into playing after a hiatus. The slide licks are a bit of a new revelation for me. The first time I heard them, I was sure Derek was just playing with his buddy.... then I heard the following notes and was a little...
  14. B

Custom Teles - post your pics!

For sale https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1078758&highlight=junior
  15. B

Anyone ever heard of Fuelie Pickups?

http://www.fuelieguitars.com/ I got a set for a Superstrat I'm putting together. One of his Gasser Humbuckers and a pair of custom singles. I'm looking for something that balances really well between the humbucker bridge and singles. There is a lot of interesting tech stuff on their page...
  16. B

Led Zeppelin I, RS review, 1969

I can follow the critic's logic, but I disagree with a good bit of it. I'll be honest, I don't really think LZ1 sounds like anything before it. You could find parts of the album that might sound like something else, but not the work as a whole. I still love the album.
  17. B

More proof that Gibson is friggin "dumb"

But it says "Gibson" on it. That's good enough for me! It's really a good thing Gibson got it right in the early days.
  18. B

Led Zeppelin I, RS review, 1969

When does any one really care what a critic says. How many times has a critic completely gotten it all wrong? Zeppelin definitely got better with later albums, but there is a some cool stuff on that first one. I don't think the guy got it, but hey he's a critic.
  19. B

Worst lead solo on rock album

That's how I see it. Kerry King was the first I thought of reading through this thread. Slayer writes songs that resemble what is written Revelations, I kinda think his style fits the bill. Van Halen to me is a totally by feel player and in the decadent 80s, it surely fits the bill. I...
  20. B

I remember reading several years ago an interview with Slash on his AFD playing. He stated he couldn't play like that anymore because he plays so much and his technical ability improved so much he can't duplicate the sloppiness in his playing then. It's kind of a shame in a way. I always...
  21. B

He's been quoted to say he leaves the mistakes in there. Page is often a sloppy lead player. IMO his solos fit and just sound right on that edge of insanity.
  22. B

Small Marshall?

Look for an 18 watt clone. Don't be scared of an amp with only a tone and a volume knob either, you'd be surprised what you can do with that setup and the knobs on your guitar. Brownnote, Gabtone, Ceriatone, Trinity, DST engineering, GDS amps....