• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. EXP

FS MXR Phase 100 (Script Logo) modded by Analogman

Vintage 1975 MXR Phase 100 “Script” version modded by Analogman. The mods that were done - true bypass switch installed, florescent green LED and DC power jack. Great shape for it’s age and probably the cleanest AM modded example I’ve seen. Have the original knobs if you prefer stock. No velcro...
  2. EXP

Ivor Fuzz by Dustin Francis

Did it come with the Arbiter tag that has the hfe gain numbers? I would be surprised if they were red dot NKT-275 his stash dried up pretty quick. Sounds a lot like mine with NKT-212’s; high gain but has the same glassy cleans and is really touch sensitive. It does a great overdrive better than...
  3. EXP

Pretty much the same circuit topography AFAIK the 6L6 version is just louder. Maybe a bit glassier and more bass from the bigger bottles. The Victorilux has a rounder tone than a BF Fender that goes well with a brighter grindy Marshall type drive IMO. It’s darker than my Super Reverb or...
  4. EXP

Is Dustin doing NKT-275’s now? Sounds like my black Ivor..cleans up at 9 and does Manic Depression and AYE for days. What’s the gain structure like, is it smooth or velcro ripping? Mine can get nasty but I usually keep the fuzz at 60% and crank the volume. Damn I loved that BC-108. But I...
  5. EXP

Cool man. Which Jimi? What did you do with the BC-108 that I traded you? I’ll buy that mofo in a heartbeat. I’m on my fourth myself (and as much as I would love a red ‘66 Ivor) it’s hard to imagine it sounding better than my black one. Which transistors are in your germanium?
  6. EXP

I have a Victorilux (6L6GC) and would use a MIAB type to juice it up. The Menatone Working Man Blues or KOTB works great with a Fender style amp and stacks well with the Ivor. A Tubescreamer tends to compress/squash the tone of a FF and smoothes out the fuzz too much IMO. If you want to preserve...
  7. EXP

Agreed. I’ve had more than a few originals and the Ivors are tuned perfectly. My ‘68 continues to amaze me and the cleanup is unmatched. Never going to sell this Ivor because it doesn’t get any better IMO.
  8. EXP

WTB McCon-O-Wah Pot II

Does anybody have a McCon-O-Pot II (NIB) that they want to sell? Thanks
  9. EXP

1986, JTM50, Early Spec 1959 or JTM45/100..........

That looks really clean! How much do you charge for a 45/100?
  10. EXP

Sold Dr. Scientist Reverberator - $140 shipped

Excellent condition with no velcro on bottom. Very underrated Reverb pedal. Sounds great. No trades. $140 shipped.
  11. EXP

Sold Philips 7581A (Quartet)

Matched quad of Philips/Sylvania 7581A’s. No way to test them but they were purchased here as ANOS. They look fairly new so I’m guessing low hours. Each have shiny “dental mirror” flashing and most of the lettering in tact. These have twin disc getters. Great tubes if clean headroom and punchy...
  12. EXP

Joe Gagan "Italia" Wah Demo

I agree. The Italian Voxes vary so much in tone but every Italia I’ve heard is solid. What you have in your King Vox is a stack of dimes inductor (chocolate color) BTW. Same circuit as the Italian V846. Both of my SOD were ‘68 with the brown ICC caps instead of Arcos.
  13. EXP

NPD: Joe Gagan Wahs

Granted we hear things differently (and what we want to hear) but I think the Italia sounds great. The Vox Italian V846 and Vox/Crybaby had the same circuit and ICAR pot (but the sweep on the Crybaby treadle is different/wider so a bit fatter IMO). The Italia sounds Hendrix-y to me. I’ve owned...
  14. EXP

What’s your dedicated slap-back?

Cool story! Yeah when he would leave the EP-2 at home the DD-2 was his gig workhorse. His suicide is still devastating..my Mom had a stroke so it hits really close to home.
  15. EXP

Another Fuzz Face Refin

What brand of paint did you use? Looks great.
  16. EXP

What’s your dedicated slap-back?

Nice chops. Have you heard Danny Gatton before? My favorite is my Ibanez AD-80 and I’ve A/B’d it several times with the EP-3 FWIW.
  17. EXP

Which input is Jimi Hendrix playing into in his Marshall amp in this video?

Even with the bright cap bypassed a dimed Superlead is still ****ing bright!
  18. EXP

WTB Hakko 936, Compu-Bias

Looking for a Hakko 936 (Small tip) and Compu-Bias meter. Let me know if you have either for sale. Thanks
  19. EXP

NCD: Mather 2x12, EV SRO Alnicos

I had read somewhere the EV SRO was 100 watts. Maybe they were referring to the ceramic version?
  20. EXP

NCD: Mather 2x12, EV SRO Alnicos

100 watts.