• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. AdmiralB

Sold Line 6 Relay Wireless Systems - G90 and G50

One G90 receiver and transmitter, one G50 receiver and transmitter. Transmitters are identical; I had the G50 as a 'travel rig' device, and racked the G90 for more...'planned' events. The G90 is pretty much minty (current firmware, which is a pain to update), the G50 is very good. The...
  2. AdmiralB

Sold DiMarzio PAF Master set

They are four-conductor, so yes, you can set them up to cut coils if you wish.
  3. AdmiralB

Sold DiMarzio PAF Master set

Double cream under nickel covers. Bridge is F-spaced, which works fine with Gibson (had these in an LP) since DiMarzio's spacings are overall narrower than 'standard'. Leads are uncut, full-length. Functionality is perfect; the covers have some 'patina' that's awfully hard to photograph...
  4. AdmiralB

Sold DiMarzio Breed Bridge Pickup

F-spaced, black, minty with 9" lead. $SOLD
  5. AdmiralB

Sold Seymour Duncan Antiquity P90s

Pair of 'un-aged', i.e. cosmetically new-looking, soapbar format P90s. These have been physically (as opposed to functionally) slightly modified to fit Historic Gibsons; the corners of the baseplates have been trimmed, and the lips that retain the magnets have been lowered so that taller covers...
  6. AdmiralB

Sold Hipshot 6 String US Flat Plate Tremolo

This one, chrome right-handed. Never installed, bought about three years ago for a project that died in infancy. SOLD
  7. AdmiralB

Sold Duncan Pickups - Double Cream buckers

Custom/59 is SOLD.
  8. AdmiralB

Sold Duncan Pickups - Double Cream buckers

One each SH16 "Custom/59 Hybrid" and SHPG1B Pearly Gates bridge, in the unobtanium double cream. Leads are uncut, over 12" on both. SOLD
  9. AdmiralB

Sold DiMarzio 36th Anniversary pair

Factory nickel covers, zebra underneath (label indicates such - 'BC' - and I verified by removing screws). Bridge is F-spaced, but fits everything (I had these in an SG). They work perfectly, full lead lengths. Covers have some small scratches that refuse to photograph without so much...
  10. AdmiralB

Playing with truncated fingers (Iommi, slight return)

Got an email from an old friend the other day. He'd lost about a half-inch of his left ring finger due to an interaction with a lawn mower. It's healed well, and they put a pad of tissue taken from his palm over the end...but now he's having trouble adjusting to playing. The major complaints...
  11. AdmiralB

Sold Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (2nd gen)

Bought in February, just upgraded to an 18i20. Mint in box with cable, power supply, etc. $195 shipped CONUS.
  12. AdmiralB

Kiesel NAMM "Silver Sky"

Here's the key: These aren't Strat pickups - they're a single humbucker bobbin with under-coil magnets, so they're smaller than a regular Strat unit. If the guitar had been ordered with stock pickups, there wouldn't be a gap.
  13. AdmiralB

Sold Helix Floor

Bought around Thanksgiving, never left the house. Basically NIB, except that the manual implies that it should come with an allen wrench to adjust pedal tension (mine didn't). With box and all the candy, aforementioned wrench excepted. Sold!
  14. AdmiralB

Gibson Vibrola (leaf spring vibrato) questions

I don't care about using the thing as a vibrato. I want a CS 'bird, mainly because I want the big neck. My 2010 is a fantastic guitar (and I'm finding out just how fantastic, by comparison to these CS guitars), but it's got a nearly Ibanez Wizard neck profile. Unfortunately, Gibson only...
  15. AdmiralB

At the risk of derailing my own thread, my experiences with them started about three weeks ago (not bad for having played since 1979, I guess). For Bigsby-type semitone shimmy stuff, they seem fine - assuming a proper setup, which is the big assumption. And even past that, the issues seem more...
  16. AdmiralB

Gibson Firebird (original '60s) Question

More musings...the FBIII went back, due to low angle over the bridge. It's been replaced by a (unsold, still new) 2011 FBV, coincidentally also Silver Mist. Same control layout (albeit gold, rather than black, knobs). I notice that it's got the old 'clicking' banjo tuners, so Gibson must have...
  17. AdmiralB

I'm having my first experiences with these things. I'm looking at CS Firebirds. I bought a 2016 FBIII last week; really nice guitar aside from needing a little fret TLC under the 6th string, but a major problem was string angle over the bridge. It was a bit like playing a sitar...but the unit...
  18. AdmiralB

The same ones as in the regular production - the higher-output ceramic. They just have nickel covers instead of chrome. Which I happen to like, but are not very period-correct.
  19. AdmiralB

I recently picked up a 2016 CS '64 Firebird III. I've owned a couple Firebirds - had a mid-'90s in, well, the mid-90s - and I also currently have a 2010. I've never played an original. I noticed a few things about this guitar that seem kind of unusual. The binding is painted over on the...
  20. AdmiralB

Sold Filter 'Tron-cut Pickguard for Vintage Tele

This is a Fender '52RI (bakelite) pickguard, cut for a 'tron-format pickup. I used it in my '50s Vintage Hot Rod with a Magna'tron for a long time, but have gone elsewhere with that guitar and no longer need the guard. Some light surface marks, a couple scratches by the edge of the control...
  21. AdmiralB

Headless Guitars - ????

This has also been my experience. I agree. Nice guitars, excellent fretwork (IME at least). And they're doing something (the Vader) that nobody else is, at least at the price point. I have two Steinberger GMs - MusicYo era, GM4T and GM7T. The 7 has a bigger neck than the standard Moses...
  22. AdmiralB

Kiesel Vader V6x Guitar

I've got two of them, both with the vibrato bridge. I love them, and I'm playing them more than my Steinberger GMs these days. One is mahogany neck/body, ebony board, HH. The other is ash/maple, maple board, HSS. Both with jumbo SS frets, and with 'one notch thicker' neck profiles -...
  23. AdmiralB

New Dimarzio PAF 59´

Not really asymmetrical - the patent covered coils wound with different wire sizes. Say, 43AWG on one and 42AWG on the other - but the same number of turns. So something like a Fralin Unbucker or Duncan Custom/59 wouldn't have violated (if the patent was still active, which it isn't), since...
  24. AdmiralB

Show your Kiesel Vader

I've had the revised bridge for a week now, and it works perfectly. I really dig this guitar!
  25. AdmiralB

Show your Kiesel Vader

Dave Borisoff from Hipshot got back to me almost immediately after I sent a message with the 'contact us' link on the Hipshot site - and the day after that he said he'd duplicated the problem. Today he had me call him to discuss what he's worked out. Turns out the issue is that the bridge just...