Search results

1. Victor R

Worst gig mistake ?

I never should have taken that second shot. The drummer quit after the gig. Big p*ssy. He rejoined a couple of days later.
  2. Victor R

Local Band Liking Other Local Bands

He's a drummer. You know what you have to do
  3. Victor R

New Porcupine Tree Album "Closure/Continuation" - Discuss!

It's missing Colin's groove. He was part of the secret sauce.
  4. Victor R

New Vito Bratta Guitar World Interview

No current picture? Is he the Betty Page of rock & roll?
  5. Victor R

Saw Todd Rundgren last night at Daryl's house

I met him once in the airport. He never mentioned a word about politics.
  6. Victor R

GAS is almost non-existent…

I think I have about 40 guitars: LPs, teles, strats, rickys, 6120, 335, PRS, Firebird, Motor Ave, Trussart, Jazzmaster. I everything I want or need. I find myself swapping out guitars with a good friend. I currently have his SG & goldtop LP classic. He has my PRS McCarty. I have tons of pedals...
  7. Victor R

That time JB “accidentally” joined Los Lobos...

They're not just a band. They represent something much larger than themselves. They're cultural ambassadors for Southern California and our deeply embedded Mexican culture. It's who we are. Tacos and lowriders are just as important as the sun and sand. If your grew up here, it's in your blood...
  8. Victor R

That time JB “accidentally” joined Los Lobos...

Everything he said checks out.
  9. Victor R

Bands That Changed Drastically After Their First Album

I love the evolution of The Horrors
  10. Victor R

You guys like Georgia Satellites?

That song, for me, is pure Terry Anderson. IMHO he's a rock n roll Flannery O'Connor. He writes great little southern gothic rock songs. I'm a huge fan of TA & The Yayhoos.
  11. Victor R

You guys like Georgia Satellites?

Dan Baird plays with my old friend Eric "Roscoe" Ambel in The Yahoos. Eric wrote one of the greatest love songs ever written.
  12. Victor R

What Are Your "Perfect" Albums?

Matt Pond PA's Several Arrows Later. I love Matt's songwriting. Very underrated album and artist. It speaks to me. Built To Spill's Keep It Like A Secret. Discovered it at the beginning of the pandemic. How did I miss this spark of genius the first time around? The lyrics... the guitars...
  13. Victor R

Something wrong with my ad for a musical partner?

Have you tried the Missed Connections section on TGP?
  14. Victor R

Changing Lyrics to a Cover Song

Oh Victor, you're so fine. You're so fine you blow my mind, Hey, Victor!
  15. Victor R

what bands do you not care for

Rod Torfulson's Armada feat. Herman Menderchuk
  16. Victor R

Ace Frehley

Did you say hello to the legendary Nite Bob? He's the FoH engineer.
  17. Victor R

What was it like hearing Black Sabbath in 1969-1970?

I was 8 in 1970. I remember the neighborhood kids talking about this evil band called Black Sabbath that played the devil's music. It would be a while before I actually heard their music.
  18. Victor R

A friend posted this on FB... what do you think?

Is your FB friend my ex-girlfriend?
  19. Victor R

Rolling Stones - Out of Time - June 1, 2022 Madrid

Great song. Great band. I saw them at Oldchella and they were still on fire.
  20. Victor R

Do you still enjoy going to live concerts?

In the last 12 months, I've seen Toad the Wet Sprocket, Neko Case, The Grateful Dead, Wilco, The Punch Brothers, & Steely Dan. I have tickets for Primus' A Farewell To Kings & Primavera Sound 2022 - Los Angeles. I'll probably see Rammstein in September. On my must-see list is The New...
Top Bottom