Search results

1. Jeff Scott

The most finely crafted acoustic guitars

Yamamotos use Cumpianos' neckbolt-on method.
  2. Jeff Scott

The most finely crafted acoustic guitars

I think Tony's timing was perfect as to his retiring, just before Covid hit. I have a MS-12 which has the same body as your baritone. Such an amazing tone from a 12-string guitar. :) A year after buying it used I bought a brand new Talus VS-12 from Tony. Both are amazing instruments. :aok
  3. Jeff Scott

Thinking about going back to flatwounds again.

TI Jazz Flats on an AV '62 Jazz Bass.
  4. Jeff Scott

Best Bass Combo Amp

You could have dusted it off before posting that photo, ya know? ;)
  5. Jeff Scott

Best Bass Combo Amp

I haven't met a Rumble I liked, either. :) :aok
  6. Jeff Scott

Best Bass Combo Amp

The best is whatever I use, for many years now it has been a Markbass Minimark. Hope this helps. ;)
  7. Jeff Scott

Guitar suggestions for 30-day camping at the beach

I have always felt the Minis to be overpriced by a couple hundred $$$ for what they are. I have played quite a few, and the bass, but never bought one for that reason.
  8. Jeff Scott

What Is The Best Acoustic Bridge?

The bridge on my Martin. :aok https://www.12fret.com/wp-content/gallery/martin_csn_tolman_2007_cons/Martin_CSN_Tolman_2007_cons_bridge_1.jpg
  9. Jeff Scott

Tuning to Offset Guitar(s)

To paraphrase: "Use the Ears, Luke!" ;)
  10. Jeff Scott

Paganini on classical guitar

I'll get started on that right away! EDIT: spelling
  11. Jeff Scott

Zero fret (open string) buzzing

It is possible for only one or two areas of one fret to be high, especially on brand new factory-made instruments. Have you had your tech check for any high frets and level them to take care of any such issues?
  12. Jeff Scott

Zero fret (open string) buzzing

First fret of the B is high.
  13. Jeff Scott

Capacitors for Bass Guitars: which capacitors are the best for bass guitars?

Try them both and decide which you like the best. ;)
  14. Jeff Scott

R.I.P. Rick Turner

I'd only met Rick a couple of times and spoke on the phone with him occasionally. He was always generous with his time and expertise, and I owned a couple of his basses, a RB4-FL and RB5-FL. Here are a couple of many recordings I've made with those two basses.
  15. Jeff Scott

R.I.P. Rick Turner

Just putting this out here for those who haven't yet heard about this. R.I.P. Rick.
  16. Jeff Scott

NGD Martin CEO 7

How's it sound through the PRS/Marshall combo? ;) EDIT: spelling
  17. Jeff Scott

Ukulele stand?

A small helium balloon works best for this.
  18. Jeff Scott

What bass are you playing today?

That's certainly not what would have expected from Overwater, just going by older models I am familiar with. Looks like something Steve Howe would play!
  19. Jeff Scott

What bass are you playing today?

Tell us more about it.
  20. Jeff Scott

Luthiers: what's on your workbench?

I didn't know you built solidbody electric guitars!
  21. Jeff Scott

Our bassist has an amp problem

A big part of the problem, as I see it going by your equipment list is, who specified that tiny Ibanez practice amp for the bassist?
  22. Jeff Scott

Fingerstyle spacing and small hands?

Neck profile is another biggie in this, too. Probably, far more important than that 1/16".
  23. Jeff Scott

Fingerstyle spacing and small hands?

Why are you stopping at the first knuckle? When I barre a chord I use most of my finger.
Top Bottom