Search results

1. PierreL

Favorite Dumble style amp?

I had that amp some years ago. I didn’t realize that it was Dumble based until recently. Great clean tone, but it didn’t fit for what I do (mainly funk music), too clean, not enough bounce like the Fenders do.
  2. PierreL

For what’s it’s worth, I have a G12-65 Heritage l and i like it with my Fuchs. Had some 80s ones, didn’t like them though.
  3. PierreL

Well, he’s not always playing like that…
  4. PierreL

Richie Kotzen should be as well known as John Mayer, Prince, and others.

Excellent player, I first listened to him when he was on Shrapnel. But I really have no interest in his songs, too generic for me0
  5. PierreL

If I remember correctly, during the tour when that video was shot, he was using a Boss OD. And yeah, great tone… I was at that gig actually.
  6. PierreL

Richie Kotzen should be as well known as John Mayer, Prince, and others.

Jamiroquai ? That's one band I would have never associated with Kotzen.
  7. PierreL

Actually what got me into Fuchs amps was a video of Allen trying one at a Namm show something like 15 years ago, and getting some killer tones. After that all I wanted was to try one.
  8. PierreL

Don’t know what it is but it sounds good.
  9. PierreL

Thanks Blues. I always dig yours :)
  10. PierreL

Thanks Tag. As you say, the Fuchs is derivative of the Dumble topology, not exactly a clone, it can get more agressive, which can be a good or bad thing according to who plays it.
  11. PierreL

Killer tone and playing, I have watched this one many times… It made me look for a Sebago, but those are just impossible to find in Europe.
  12. PierreL

From what I have heard of the Cobra (clips only of course), it sounds really spectacular in that style. The SDO(s) I have tried definitely didn’t sound like that. Again, someone might have tinkered with it (them).
  13. PierreL

I haven't tried that many Dumble style amps (and never the real thing obviously): Ceriatone Overtone OTS Redplate Two Rock Studio Pro (more of a clean platform, but can be pushed for som gainy tones as well) Quinn SDO : two of them. Or maybe that was the same in different locations ? I will...
  14. PierreL

Keeley HALO Andy Timmons Dual Echo is out!

Purchased. Not available yet, so I might not get it before mid September. Can’t wait to try it out. I’m planning to try it with a stereo rig when it’s possible to use it.
  15. PierreL

I'm not saying that the price is not right or whatever, just that 299£ is not cheaper than 360€. i know I intend to buy one...
  16. PierreL

That’s almost 360€.
  17. PierreL

York Audio Impulse Response Library

Phil X does use a 2x12 with G12-65s if I remember correctly.
  18. PierreL

York Audio Impulse Response Library

Actually there’s a nice EVM12L from Ownhammer. And Two Notes has some cool D-type 2x12s, but in DynIr format… So yes, a good Dumble style 2x12 IR would be welcome.
  19. PierreL

Big Wreck 7.2 - might be their best 5 songs ever

Would definitely agree on that. Even though I got used to the production on the last records eventually.
  20. PierreL

We don't talk enough about Adam Rogers

That should keep me busy till I leave this world…
  21. PierreL

Fight of The Best Dumble Clones! Quinn vs Louis Electrics Cobra!

I personnally hate the idea…
  22. PierreL

We don't talk enough about Adam Rogers

Loved him in Forq with Michael League from Snarky Puppy.
  23. PierreL

New Snarky Puppy (Mark Lettieri Tune)

It must be so cool to attend one of those sessions and discover the music as it goes along in front of you.
  24. PierreL

New Snarky Puppy (Mark Lettieri Tune)

They are playing two hours from here tonight, and I can't go :( Bummer.
Top Bottom