Search results

1. Kent

Am I Alone?

“Making My Nowhere Plans For Nobody”
  2. Kent

The Official MATCHLESS Thread

Someone has this posted on Craigslist in PHX https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/d/fountain-hills-rare-matchless-rv-tube/7430071997.html
  3. Kent

Friedman Smallbox 50 Questions

Your correct on the bright switches. I ended up experimenting with speakers to tame some of the upper mids on the lead channel. I ended up with Creamback 65 in a Bogner Cube. I have the 2x12 with vintage 30’s but it just hasn’t worked for me with those speakers. I may try a couple 25 watt...
  4. Kent

Timeline putting tuner>right out, left completely panned to right, silent tuning?

is it possible ? Anybody try it. The left output would need to be silent so using a midi pedal I could pull up a tuning patch in the loop.
  5. Kent

Friedman BE-100 Deluxe vs Smallbox

I’ve only owned the Smallbox. I really like it but I was not happy with Vintage 30’s in the matching 2x12 cab. I rolled a bunch of speakers through a Cube and settled on Celestion Creamback 65. Absolutely awesome. Now I’m just using a Bogner cube and have the Friedman 2x12 for sale.
  6. Kent

Guitar - Cord - Amp?

I prefer straight in. It feels better and to my ears which are trashed sounds better. However I really love pedals for the art of making music, color, texture... I throw time based fx & tuner in the loop but never a tuner between the guitar and the amp. I’ve tried switchers, boost, buffers, less...
  7. Kent

Am I crazy or does my amp sound different every day?

I agree with Lloyd. I run a variac and a conditioner for consistent line voltage that has helped immensely. *However I’m a type 1 diabetic and have found that I’ll be playing thinking that I have a Bad tube or something is jacked up and then realize (because I’m Cranky as Hell) I need to check...
  8. Kent

Studio Slips love (I think I have a Problem)

I have several. For heads Clamshell single padding and handle opening to carry. No pocket for me, they always get in the way. I choose Studio Slips from experience with other manufacturers especially for heads. Tuki is good for cabs but not better. IMHO
  9. Kent

BadCat Choices - Advice Please

I have a 2013 black cat 30r without K master. I haven’t been able to crank it up yet but I have to say that the touch sensitivity is something to behold on that amp. I’m running a Ep booster in front.
  10. Kent

The Weeknd Superbowl Halftime Show

Kookie Cutter Boi band
  11. Kent

1x12 vs 2x12

One of the advantages of using a 1x12 is you’re attenuating the volume some compared the the 2x12, plus I like getting the speaker moving/pushed more. Of course it all depends on the environment. Sometimes you just need a bigger cab.
  12. Kent

Does a VOX AC30 suck if you arent playing it loud ?

Try a boost pedal for low volume
  13. Kent

The Heaviest ( in terms of weight ) amp you owned and the misfortune of lugging it around ?

I had a mid 70’s twin with sro’s in it. In the 70’s we used to have these insane parties at a house in Ohio. The band would play in the basement with long steep steps. A friend insisted on carrying my amp down after I bitched about how heavy it was, He insisted. I’m 5/8 he’s probably 5/6 and not...
  14. Kent

Power conditioner or voltage regulator? What should I use to get consistent power at different locations?

The downside of this setup is I manually set the voltage, so if I get a spike from the outlet the voltage goes up on my rig. I can set the voltage where I want it, lower for some amps. On some regulators + or - 5% was the deal breaker for me especially when biasing a amp.
  15. Kent

Avoid LoopMaster loop pedals

I had a bad experience once & never again. Avoid !
  16. Kent

Pine cabinets ... am I missing out?

I have a Bob Burt V solid pine cab. It’s without a doubt the best sounding 2x12 I’ve ever had And I’ve had lots O cabs over the years.
  17. Kent

Selling my VHT Sig:X -- What should I replace it with?

I sold my Sig-x after I got a Fryette Memphis 1x12.
  18. Kent

How to get an "airy" ambience a la Allan Holdsworth

I checked out a Pearce to buy in Orange County back in the 80’s. The guy had Tinnitus so bad I couldn’t even crack the volume up louder than a miniature transistor radio. (Perhaps he was a polite neighbor) I remember that the attack of the notes were totally overloading/clipping and that it...
  19. Kent

"I Wanna Be Your Dog"

Yes
  20. Kent

Why does Jimi string his low E string like this?

Good guess that makes sense
  21. Kent

Once you go stainless... do you ever go back?

I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet but your strings last longer since they don’t grind the nickel. One of my Guitar’s (83) I’ve had to re fret 3 times. I only wish I had tried them sooner.
  22. Kent

Is THIS the best guitar solo ever?

I’m with ya there. I love that solo too.. another cool solo to check out is George Benson Flute Song starting at 1:40
  23. Kent

Fishman Loudbox Artist problem..

I’m in a very dry climate but sprayed the fx loops anyways to no avail. I would advise steering away from the Fishman products. The tolex is a dead giveaway of how cheap these amps are made.
  24. Kent

Is the Marshall Jubilee basically a JCM800 with diodes in the preamp?

My experience, I felt like it had a really nice Solo voice mid gain/higher gain. Higher gain settings was a problem for me because I could not clean it up nearly enough by lowering the volume on my guitar. I don’t know if the Diodes have something to do with that. I ran the master anywhere from...
  25. Kent

Fishman Loudbox Artist problem..

I wanted to add to this. I have the Artist and channel 1’s volume started fading up and down then out completely dead. And of course the Tolex will rip if you sneeze on it. I'm really not happy about this especially since there is a known issue that Fishman is aware of. They should cover the...
Top Bottom