Search results

1. Lt_Core

Friedman JJ Jr. mic-no-mo (direct out) = Pretty good! (clips inside)

Wow, sounds great! I’ve been looking at the Friedman JJ Jr for gigs and quiet practice/recording at home. I gig with an EVH 5150 iii 50w 6L6 head. Decent cleans (with zero breakup) and tight metal tones but it doesn’t do that classic Marshall thing. The direct out of the 5150 is just awful. I...
  2. Lt_Core

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

Tonight is the first band rehearsal with the Katana. I'm really hoping it kicks some butt! I bought the footswitch last night but didn't get a chance to dial in some presets. I'll report back, probably living mostly in the Crunch and Brown modes.
  3. Lt_Core

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

I'm a little torn on how the Katana presets work. I wish you could disable the volume setting so no matter if you're playing quiet or loud, when you change presets there isn't a huge volume jump or loss.
  4. Lt_Core

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

Ok, cool. Thanks guys! I'm mostly going to use my Katana for band rehearsals so I'm not too worried about effects. @Meesha helped me with my global EQ settings so it's sounding a lot better! Most of my effects are from the Boss MS-3, which controls my EVH 5150 III head and a few pedals for gigs.
  5. Lt_Core

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

I haven't messed with saving presets yet, but you're saying that the effects are not saved with the presets? That's not good!
  6. Lt_Core

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

Firmware updated, sneaky amps installed. The one on the Guitar Center floor sounded better, probably because of the speaker being broken in. We have band rehearsal next week so it will get a workout, haha!! Definitely more thin-sounding than the one I played. I couldn't switch to Bank B by...
  7. Lt_Core

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

Going to pick up my 15% off Katana 100 1x12 from Guitar Center, will report back!!
  8. Lt_Core

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

I have the Boss MS-3 Editor/Librarian on my Mac already and the user interface of the Tone Studio is very similar so I'll be familiar with it.
  9. Lt_Core

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

Cool, thanks! Does the added EQ make it more flubby in the low-end with the high gain amp models? When I played the K100 1x12 at Guitar Center yesterday, I cranked the Bass knob and didn't feel/hear a lot of difference. They do not have the Artist amp in stock so I couldn't compare.
  10. Lt_Core

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

Can you EQ in more low end and thump on the Katana 100 1x12 to help mimic some of the Artist's extended low-end range? I know the Artist has a better speaker and cabinet so I wouldn't expect EQ magic, haha! I'm weighing the $250 difference for a rehearsal amp. I'll still gig with my EVH 5150 head.
  11. Lt_Core

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

I'm very interested in the 100w 1x12. I played on at Guitar Center yesterday and was really shocked on how it sounded. It has some decent thump to it. I used to have a Roland Cube 60 and the Katana destroys it, plain and simple. I gig with an EVH 5150 III 50w and 2x12 cab, Boss MS-3 and a few...
  12. Lt_Core

Anybody gig with a Peavey 6505 Mini Head?

Quick update on what I ended up doing. I did buy the Peavey 6505 mini head and played two shows with it through a Peavey 2x12 back in May, 2017. It just didn't have the power of a higher watt head, or the cleans, so I bought an EVH 5150 iii 50w head and I've been gigging with it ever since...
  13. Lt_Core

EVH 5150 III head & cab question

Thanks guys, appreciate it!!
  14. Lt_Core

Or should the cab wattage be twice the wattage of the head? This stuff confuses me, haha! Thanks for any help :)
  15. Lt_Core

One of my portable rigs is the Peavey 6505mh 20w head and 50w cab. I've been thinking about stepping up to a bigger amp like the EVH 5150iii 50w head. Since the cab and head are both rated at 50w would I be okay using the Peavey 2x12 cab as mentioned above? It's a closed back cab with two 25w...
  16. Lt_Core

Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 2x12 cab question

Hi everyone, Has anyone played through this cab? A local guitarist swears by this cab: awesome sound and lightweight compared to the Marshall 1936 2x12 cab. Looking for an affordable/lightweight cab for a mid 2000's Marshall TSL100 JCM2000 head. Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks...
  17. Lt_Core

Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 2x12 cab?

Anyone have experience with this cab? Looking to use it with a Marshall TSL100 JCM2000. Tight or loose low end? Spiky midrange? Thanks! https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TM212Cab
  18. Lt_Core

Speakers for a Marshall TSL100 & 2x12 cab?

Turns out I had a Weber ceramic Silver Bell and a Weber ceramic Blue Dog that I forgot about. I put them in the Avatar and they didn't hold a candle compared to my friend's original Marshall 1936 2x12 cab. The Silver Bell is voiced like a Vox, definitely not a tight low-end speaker. I found a...
  19. Lt_Core

Speakers for a Marshall TSL100 & 2x12 cab?

I recently traded a small combo amp for a 10+ year-old Marshall TSL 100 JCM2000. The tubes & electronics are in killer shape. Tolex is a bit beat up, needs a new handle and vents. I have an unloaded Avatar Vintage 3/4 closed 2x12 cab that I'll probably use with this Marshall. My new band is...
  20. Lt_Core

Back-Up Amp Ideas for Peavey 6505mh?

In my new band I'm using a Peavey 6505 mini head and matching 2x12 head. I've looked at the Orange Micro Dark and Peavey Piranha for a low-cost backup for gigs. So far I like the Micro Dark over the Piranha. The amp needs to have a distortion channel. Any other ideas? Thanks!
  21. Lt_Core

Possible Amp Trade & Cab Question

Just what I thought. I do have an Avatar 2x12 cab that could use some new speakers. I was thinking Vintage 30's or maybe Warehouse Speakers' V30 equivalent, the Veteran? Would I have to buy two speakers that add up to 100W or more for the Marshall head?
  22. Lt_Core

Wow, the product page at Sweetwater has three different mentions of the wattage: 50W, 60W and the power handling says this: 120W (Mono), 60W (Stereo). The power handling doesn't make sense. There are two Celestion Greenback 25 speakers in the cab.
  23. Lt_Core

Long story short, I just don't play my new Fender Bassbreaker 15 combo. I'm in a new band (hard rock/a few metal tunes) and I use my Budda plus a new Peavey 6505mh into a Peavey 2x12 cab. A friend of mine borrowed the Bassbreaker over a week and fell in love with it! He offered me a mid-2000's...
  24. Lt_Core

What amp was a game-changer for you?

I've been gigging with a Budda SuperDrive II 30w 2x12 combo for 10 years. Amazing amp! I just ordered a Peavey 6505mh and 2x12 cab today for a hard rock/metal band I'm in now. Tried tightening up the Budda so many times, various pedals but it is what it is: an incredible dynamic...
  25. Lt_Core

Anybody gigging with an Orange CR120H?

I heard he's good
Top Bottom