Search results

1. Festus

Fuchs ODS Classic - what's the word?

I can’t say I’ve tried that yet. I usually run the the clean “clean”. I’ll give it a go and see what happens.
  2. Festus

I decided to try a pair of el34 tubes in my ODS Classic 50, some Mullard xf2 that I’ve had for a while. A subtle but nice difference. It seemed to tighten up the low end a hair, and shift the Q for the mids upwards a touch. I’ll have to play it some more with the el34s in there, but I like it...
  3. Festus

Here’s a pic of two of my Fuchs amps. The top is your old Music Man/Fuchs, TAG. I had Andy make a headshell for it. The bottom is the ODS Classic with 6L6 tubes.
  4. Festus

There's been a few questions on how flexible the ODS Classic can be. I've been using the ODS Classic for a few years now. Fantastic amp. I've been through so many other amps and this one is the keeper. I also have TAG's old Music Man 50/Fuchs mod. That little amp has such a cool vibe. I can't...
  5. Festus

Anyone have recent shipping issues with AMS?

Yes it did eventually show up. I had to do an address correction with Fed Ex as well.
  6. Festus

Anyone have recent shipping issues with AMS?

Yes, I ordered a case from AMS, and it was quite a challenge to get it delivered to the correct address. AMS tried to deliver it to my old address - even though I had changed my address to my new current address in my account- and even after confirming my new address with the rep on the phone...
  7. Festus

I think you will like it. I’ve been gigging an ODS Classic 50 for a couple of years now, and I love it. It’s my go to noise maker. I can do Soul, R & B, Funk, Rock, Country....it does everything I need it to do. Fantastic amp. I can’t wait for gigs to happen again in my area.
  8. Festus

Why Fuchs amps are cheaper than other D-style amps?

What? Really? That level of fan noise would bother you? You’d have to be playing extremely quiet to notice it. If you’re close micing, it won’t be an issue. Even with a room mic, the guitar signal would negate it.
  9. Festus

I hooked everything up on my Fuchs ODS Classic 50, and tried using an old digital dB meter that I have. It wouldn't register the ambient noise level (pretty much dead quiet), nor would it register the fan noise with the amp on. I could barely hear it when on with no other ambient sound. So I...
  10. Festus

I have an ODS Classic, I’ll check out the fan noise in a quiet studio and report back. Up to now, it’s not something I’ve noticed - I’m usually playing the amp at gig volume.
  11. Festus

I’ll add my own anecdotal evidence to this discussion. I have had (and still have) a number of handwired/turret board amps, and a number of PCB amps over the last 20 years. There have been more repairs and issues with my handwired amps than with PCB. One HW amp in particular took 3 trips to 2...
  12. Festus

There are no comprimises in tone or build quality with a Fuchs amp. I have a Fuchs ODS Classic 50, and it’s become my #1 amp. I’ve been using it week in and week out for over a year, and it’s solid. I’ve been through a number of Dumble clones and D-style amps, and I prefer Fuchs. American...
  13. Festus

Empty guitar speaker cabinet maker(s)?

I highly recommend StageCraft. I have a couple of their 1x12 cabs, and they’re in the process of making a custom pine 2x12 for me.
  14. Festus

Question about y-cable for speaker wiring

Don’t feel too bad, I had something similar happen. Only one speaker’s terminals were labeled backwards...the plus was minus and the minus was plus! I didn’t notice until I put the mislabeled speaker in a 2x12. Drove me mental - as in why in the hell does the cab sound out of phase? Even after...
  15. Festus

Favorite/Best Cabs for your D-Clone amp?

Those G1275s and a D style amp are probably not a good match. The Feiten cab is closed back, and sounds quite good. It comes with WGS 65s stock, but I preferred Scumback M75-LDs. With pine oval back cabs there’s something about the mids that I really like.
  16. Festus

One of the cabinets has two inputs (parallel), so there's a speaker cable from the ODS Classic to the two-jack cabinet, then a speaker cable from that cab to the other 1x12. Each cab has a 16 ohm Scumback, so total impedance is 8 ohms.
  17. Festus

@skhan007, I have the same amp you do. I use a pair of Scumback M75-LD 65 watt speakers in two 1x12 pine cabs. The Fuchs Feiten Vintage 2x12 cab with Scumback M75-LD speakers is also quite good, I use this one as well. Overall, I think I prefer solid pine cabs.
  18. Festus

NAD: D-Tone Quest Triumphantly Completed

Excellent choice! The Fuchs ODS Classic is my favorite amp. I use it for RnB, Soul, Funk, Rock, Country, everything. Super versatile.
  19. Festus

Speaker Cab makers on TGP, need advice

That is why I am asking here. There are several cabinet makers on TGP, however I cannot recall their names. I was hoping for a useful reply.
  20. Festus

Speaker Cab makers on TGP, need advice

The Monterey Pine thats used in making speaker cabinets, is it a laminate, that looks similar to birch plywood from the side grain? More questions to follow.
  21. Festus

I want to purchase a Dumble style amplifier but...

I believe American Musical Supply and Zzounds has a no questions asked return policy on the FUCHS Amps that they stock. They also have “open box” models at a discount. You might end up paying shipping on a return, though. Worth a look I’d say.
  22. Festus

Is D*mbl@ the Voldemort of TGP?

That name....has been mentioned three times in at least one post, and he didn’t magically appear, so it would seem to be safe to say. Dumble Dumble Dumble. There. I did it again.
  23. Festus

Supro at Guitar Center shenanigans

I just checked in here because of the word “shenanigans”. Other than that I got nothin.
  24. Festus

6l6 - 2 Matched NOS Pairs vs New Matched Quad

Those TAD shorty 6L6 do sound good, I second gldtp99’s recommendation.
  25. Festus

6l6 - 2 Matched NOS Pairs vs New Matched Quad

Fuchs very often has individual bias pots for each power tube, even on his Fuchs Mod amps. My ODS Classic does, as well as my Fuchs Mod amps. You’d probably need to pull the chassis and see.
Top Bottom