Search results

1. 8

Has anyone ever compared a Bogner 2x12 OS against a Mills Acoustic 212B?

I've owned both Bogner 2x12 and Mills 2x12 and they're just different. Bogner was pickier when it came to handling different speakers and leaned towards vintage tone. Mills seemed to bring the best out of any speaker and was more versatile. Bogner seemed to have a hint of the tone of its own...
  2. 8

How different from the regular V30's?
  3. 8

New PRS: 3-way toggle switch that fits the existing rotary pot hole?

The question is whether a toggle switch with a thinner shaft exists. If I have to enlarge the hole in my vintage PRS, I'd rather keep the 5-way switch in.
  4. 8

New PRS: 3-way toggle switch that fits the existing rotary pot hole?

If you found one, please do let us know. I'm looking for one too.
  5. 8

Where to get PRS backplate screws?

Was the first place I checked. No luck there.
  6. 8

I was hoping to just order them and be done with it... but ok... I had to sit down and figure out what they are. These PRS screws are nickel (steel?) plated #4 Philips (oval head) x 5/8". Even though now I know what they are, I am still unable to find them. Doubt Home Depot would have them.
  7. 8

Exchanged a few e-mails with PRS Customer Service. They couldn't tell me the thread/length of their screws and pointed me to Stewmac and Allparts instead. Stewmac and Allparts pointed me back to PRS. PRS told me I can buy the backplate kits and get all 9 screws I want. Those two kits are only...
  8. 8

Hughes & Kettner Statesman??

Try a reverse polarity speaker cable with the drive channel first and see how you like it.
  9. 8

Yes, they're longer than Fenders. The thread feels different too because Fender screws get stuck in those holes. My PRS is a pre-factory CE-24. My understanding all of them always used the same screws though.
  10. 8

Anybody knows where the after-market PRS backplate screws can be purchased? Their thread is different from Fender's. PRS does sell them but only with backplates...
  11. 8

D'addario strings: Recent quality problems?

My 25/pcs "shop packs" that came from MF and Gutiar Center sound terrible. They're not the D'Addario's I knew. I don't know if they have the string breakage issue because I can't make myself play them long enough. I put on an old set from 5 years back and it sounds the way it should.
  12. 8

D'addario strings: Recent quality problems?

Here's the reason why some people are certain the tone of D'Addarios has changed and others don't feel it: D'Addario has started using multiple wire vendors. Each vendor's wire sounds different. I found out about it from D'Addario customer service. As a result, you never know what wire your...
  13. 8

Anyone notice a change in <<quality>> of recent D'addario strrings?

I also noticed that D'Addario strings I've purchased within the last 6 months are not the same D'Addario's I'm used to. I don't care that the ball ends now look discolored... the tone seems to have gotten muddier and brighter! To my ears they just don't have the same clarity and weight. I'm...
  14. 8

Ultimate & Faustine Attenuator comparison sound check...

Exactly what I wanted to hear :-). When is it shipping and where to buy?
  15. 8

Ultimate & Faustine Attenuator comparison sound check...

Will the design differences between the "Dx" and the fixed-impedance model not result in the two sounding slightly differently? Wondering if buying a universal "Dx" model will not compromize tone... or even the other way around.
  16. 8

London Power Aurora amp

Thanks to your bump, I just unsubscribed from this thread. I lost my interest in the London Power amps.
  17. 8

Andy Timmons

LOL, Here's what the site says "The BBP-AT offers smoother, warmer and more compressed tone than the standard BB Preamp with richer even harmonics." So is it smoother, warmer, and more compressed than the early or the recent BB? "Standard" might refer to either one. Again, I'm trying to...
  18. 8

Andy Timmons

Will the AT Signature BB be a copy of the early one or will it have some other features/changes?
  19. 8

Does your amp pick up RADIO SIGNALS?

How far away are you from Paris?
  20. 8

Fane AXA (Axiom) 12" 100 Watt Alnico. Any around still?

Two Fane AX12's for sale. https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/487825
  21. 8

London Power Aurora amp

There's something very wrong here. Shouldn't we obsess with products (amps, guitars, etc) and not the people who design and make them??? This feels like a hero worship if not apotheosis. I'm not interested in forming any opinions about the people behind London Power or being advised to invest a...
  22. 8

London Power Aurora amp

Please don't misread what I'm about to say but I'm curiuos where your extreme faith comes from. Have you played London Power amps before? I've been trying to find sound clips but couldn't. My only exposure to London Power has been Kevin's books and his power scaling technology. I've been trying...
  23. 8

Nut slot too deep

Hi, I've got a nut with one slot cut too deep. I'd hate to replace otherwise good nut because of just one slot. The only solution I heard of is filling it with baking soda, applying superglue, and resloting. I'm pretty such layer will eventually wear out, plus I'm afraid it won't be slippery...
  24. 8

Rickenbacker advise needed

I know mid-80 Ricks had the thinnest necks. Did they make them chunkier towards the end of the 80's? Or are those thinner necks is the ones you're referring to as the best? Thanks.
Top Bottom