Search results

1. D

Blue Cat released a "Head" modeler.

All I can add is after using things like this in my home studio due to it's horrible acoustics, when I check those mixes in my real studio or at mastering I'm a lot closer with than I would be with just the headphones alone, so IME they do help substantially for critical listening via headphones...
  2. D

Axe FX III Jazz Fusion Tune

Awesome composition and performance, BRAVO! Enjoyed the heck out of that!
  3. D

Blue Cat released a "Head" modeler.

Sounded good to me... I've used these types of things a bit through the years as my home studio's acoustics are definitely a joke, so things like this can certainly improve working with headphones in crummy environments.
  4. D

N.R.P.D - Mesa Studio Pre

Congrats Leon, nice! I noticed it has some phat carbon comp resistors in what appears to be your five plate resistor spots, so they add some mojo as well as some noise. Also, at their age they've likely drifted in value somewhat which is one of the reasons a lot of vintage amps tend to have...
  5. D

N.R.P.D - Mesa Studio Pre

2U.
  6. D

Unit for effects only - maybe an older Axe Fx? Something else?

Fractal reverbs are quite good, and read my posts above again regarding the Standard, i.e. if you only want 3 simple FX it'll be fine, though you'll need a MIDI Interface for your computer if you want to use the software editor (which is much easier to use than the front panel!). The FX-8 can...
  7. D

Going full rack with Synergy

The Two Notes stuff has generic tube power amp sims that sound quite good plus high quality cab sims, and the Atomic stuff has some as well which I haven't heard. For software UA/Brainworx and Peavey's ReValver can do the tube power amp sim job too, along with cab sims.
  8. D

Going full rack with Synergy

I've used custom MTS since before Synergy, and might suggest a Axe FX II for FX and tube power section modeling and cab sims when going DI.
  9. D

FX8 has the same reverbs as the Axe II, but is much more limited in CPU power and routing options. It's also missing the amp modeling, so no tube power amp sims for the Synergy preamps. For basic FX it's fine.
  10. D

Furman PQ-3, anyone pushing a preamp with an eq ?

Should work great for pre-preamp usage. PQ-3 pre-preamp usage was popular back in the day for guitar as well as bass. I used one for many years post-preamp back then, and will likely dig it out of retirement going forward as well for use with a Rocktron Valvesonic Plexi based rack (an early...
  11. D

The Standard's basic FX will sound fine, though they are limited vs the AXE II (especially the Drives), plus the Standard doesn't have Scenes, FX X/Y, or USB. There's also a preset switching delay with both that might bother you if desiring glich-less spill-over, and the way around that in the...
  12. D

Rocktron Plexi afterburner feature - Tried something new

The trick in the lower gain modes is to balance desired gain with the desired gain pot position and bright cap selection. The higher the gain control the less the bright cap does, and the lower gain modes use the smaller bright caps etc, so it's a balancing act. Marshall tried a bunch of cheap...
  13. D

Cool, just stuck a vintage GE 12AU7 into V4, liking it, thanks. Also tried a new JJ 12AU7, and I'm liking the vintage GE better in V4.
  14. D

Fractal Italian Jam

Ha, great playing and nice tones, stay safe!
  15. D

Rocktron valvesonic plexi, or ?

OP, you might check out these threads if you haven't... https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/rocktron-is-blowing-out-the-new-valvesonic-pre-amp.2112330/ https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/rocktron-plexi-afterburner-feature-tried-something-new.2142696/ ...my...
  16. D

Fractal Italian Jam

Viva Italia...!!! Bello Suonare!
  17. D

The FX-8 has no amp modeling, so no Tube Power Amp Sims, plus it's FX power is somewhat limited, though for simple FX needs with a tube power amp and cabs, sure.
  18. D

I use a Axe FX II with many various tube preamps (including custom MTS), and it's wonderful in that it has tons of CPU power, virtually unlimited routing abilities, great FX and Cab Sims, and importantly if using solid state power and/or going DI'd, the ability to make specific Tube Power Amp...
  19. D

Axe FX-III Impression From A Long Term Helix User

Indeed Human, it's certainly true that the more primitive of your species cannot tell the differences between DSP and Toobian tech, as Toobian tech is simply too advanced for their primitive brains. However, it's also been proven true time and time again, that the more highly developed of your...
  20. D

This is true for most modelers Earthling, but let's face facts, DSP is never going to be "realer" than a real-deal HV TOOB preamp! Your friends... The Toobians
  21. D

For all of you complaining about "feel", there's an easy way to get it without losing the convenience you crave, and that's... ...wait for it... ...using REAL TOOB PREAMPS along with your modeler of choice for everything else (toob power amp and cab sims, plus FX etc). While critical in a...
  22. D

Two Notes Torpedo CAB-M

Just make a bypass preset if there's no other way to bypass it.
  23. D

To be clear, the Axe FX II has 2 stereo inputs (or 4 mono inputs). So... a) Running the Axe FX II post preamps: You can switch or mix up to 2 stereo or 4 mono signals. b) Running the Axe FX 4CM: You can switch or mix only 1 stereo input (2 mono inputs). You can switch or mix via the FX...
  24. D

Cool, the Rockmasters are exactly that, great preamps. I'm doing early Brit Blues Rock styled stuff, so the pushed mid-gain thing is what I'm using the RVP for, with Gibsons. You might consider a Axe FX II as they're relatively cheap now that the Axe FX III has been released, and they can do...
  25. D

Two-Notes CAB M getting preamps?

Bummer, though understandable. Thanks Mats!
Top Bottom