Search results

1. J M Fahey

Does anyone else’s Guitar Center currently look like this?

You worry about GUITARS??? GUN SHELVES are empty. And no, I´m not kidding. Wish I was: https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-nra-gun-firearm-ownership-980341/ Not a "political" or unrelated post by any means, Rolling Stone Magazine is talking...
  2. J M Fahey

Disappointing experience at Chicago Music Exchange

Well, THAT is bad and Manager´s fault. They should ALL be fired (specially him) by the store´s owner. 7 or 8 employees hints at a large shop, significant inventory, big monthly expenses: large investment. Somebody idiotic enough to not keep his invesment in order, making money, deserves going...
  3. J M Fahey

Ok. And where did you buy them? Online? Some other shop?
  4. J M Fahey

It sometimes works. Hey!!! it sometimes works with Girls too!!! This guy just won the Lottery and an old schoolmate dropped in uninvited to congratulate him!!!! She was very kind to do so :) Now he´s worried because it was a mistake, it was not him who won but a same name guy, so he´ll tell...
  5. J M Fahey

A brilliant example of "so you are saying" something which was not said at all:
  6. J M Fahey

This insulting answer plus leaving "slamming the door" after 10 (TEN) minutes wait confirms what I suspected from the beginning, "short fuse" temper, to put it VERY politely. You did not go there "to buy a guitar" but "to feel insulted and bitch about it" or would have insisted 1 or 2 times...
  7. J M Fahey

Musicians Friend is horrible

And it can fill so may boring Quarantine hours with idle talk ;) Seriously: exact same as millions of other SPAM mails. And at least you *might* get notice of some cool Guitar or pedal you didn´t know about. Me? My boring life is made more passable by getting mails such as: " Hi, I´m Natasha...
  8. J M Fahey

Personally I am ANNOYED by know nothing eager to get comission sales clerks PUSHING me one way or the other. Unless I need them to pick something from inside a locked glass case or something, I am HAPPY to help myself, shake stuff, look inside, twist all knobs, even smell it, go figure and only...
  9. J M Fahey

How did we find answers as musicians before the internet?

All of the US Guitar/Music related mags , including Jazz standards such as Down Beat, plus all of the British ones, including Beat Instrumental, plus all of the Tech ones, from US Pop Elec, Radio Electronics, etc. to British Wireless World and all the "hobby" ones, such as Hobby Electronics or...
  10. J M Fahey

Is this immoral?

The guy processing the order and return wastes time and effort. The store wastes time, effort and money because declared intention was NOT keeping it. Delivery people waste time, energy, fuel, to deliver a product to exact same place where it was before (store floor or warehouse). In my book all...
  11. J M Fahey

Is this immoral?

^^^^^^^ THAT.
  12. J M Fahey

Is this immoral?

WRONG Math. Clearly you never had a shop and have NO CLUE. Unsold guitars generate no extra cost (packing-shipping-handling .... TWICE) nor intrinsically lose value (open box - fingerprints - scratches - bumps - plus the definite possibility of damage whenn travelling (both ways). Un ...
  13. J M Fahey

No thanks

^^^^^^ THAT. Desperately clinging to raw meat and stone tools is soooo .... Stone Age. Technology advances ;) I find both these comments so BAFFLING. Shape is WAAAYYY closer to *original* Guitar shape (Spanish Guitar) than many of the monstrosities sold as "Electric" Guitars. When I was about...
  14. J M Fahey

Is this immoral?

Ok, now this clears everything. You do NOT repeat NOT want to buy a new Guitar, period. The "awesome" clause means exactly that and nothing else. Even worse: "totally". You are just Covid bored at home and want to play with a new toy, for a few hours, no commitment. Save everybody the wasted...
  15. J M Fahey

Did one of you do this? ($5,000 Craigslist marvel)

Well, some kinds of strap ons *are* used to give satisfaction, so he´s not too far off with this remark.
Top Bottom