Search results

1. Greg V.

Then & Now - classic album cover locations - Pronounced Lynyrd Skynyrd, their 1st album

As a kid I was always, still am?, mesmerized by cool album covers. In the pre-internet world it was often the only imagery available of bands aside from magazine photos in Rolling Stone, Creem, Circus, Hit Parader etc… Lynyrd Skynyrd’s first album “Pronounced LS” and their promo photos always...
  2. Greg V.

Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Free Bird done a little differently...

Thanks for watching. I believe Shelly is playing/writing/recording in Nashville. She was great to work with and such a talent. Thank you very much! Appreciate it thank you! Haha! I remember that 1988 mashup! Thank you! Yes, Shelly has what I call a "power band" where the singer's range and...
  3. Greg V.

Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Free Bird done a little differently...

Hey Cats! Here’s a raw stripped down version of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Free Bird I recorded with soulful Nashville singer-songwriter Shelly Fairchild. It was done for a movie that Shelly was up for as the main lead role. She is such a great singer, as this recording shows, and I decided to release...
  4. Greg V.

So... we're dicks to online creators?

Ed, I'm not sure I fully understand your point(s) But your last sentence speaks to "what it always was...marketing..." Marketing has been going on since the dawn of civilization. Probably since one caveman tried to hype and sell another caveman a new shiny stone from the river. I think the...
  5. Greg V.

You certainly make some good points on the larger issues of You Tube's long game. My belief is such that as the "mass marketed boulevard" of YouTube continues to become cluttered with chain store influenza mediocrity it has/will become harder to find great content. But I'm willing to take the...
  6. Greg V.

Thank you JB, glad you like my record. Appreciate the support! Yes, the whole 'reviews vs demos' can be a slippery slope for some. As a You Tuber how do you remain honest and objective as opposed to the street hustling late night Shamwow! carnival barkers. I believe once you've lost integrity...
  7. Greg V.

Many interesting and thought provoking comments here. I’ll add my $1.02, as adjusted for inflation! Years ago, way in the before times, when You Tube was like the unspoiled Wild West I created some gear demos. It was fun making videos for gear manufactures while getting paid $$ to do it and not...
  8. Greg V.

Playing guitar with Ronnie Montrose - Road stories when we toured with Allan Holdsworth

Hi Everyone, So, back in 1988 I toured with Ronnie Montrose and wanted to share some road stories plus a rare full concert recording from that "Speed of Sound" tour at the end of the video. It was a blast to play music with Ronnie, such a legend and I miss him.
  9. Greg V.

My Telecaster Love Affair

@motokev @Redrum @Dik Ellis @jpervin @Mike_it_up @Rhythm Rocker @3-Chord-Genius @BlueHeaven @moredirt @TDJMB @otaypanky Thanks everyone, for watching my Tele video and all the supportive words, Cool!
  10. Greg V.

Help find my stolen mid 70’s Gibson Les Paul Custom

I'd really appreciate that Dana. Thank you for watching!
  11. Greg V.

Hi Everyone, here's a video I created with details regarding my stolen 1974 Les Paul Custom. It was the greatest gift I've ever received and hope for the guitar to return home to me. Hope you can watch, thank you.
  12. Greg V.

Ahhh man, thank you SO much, appreciate you diggin' my playing and videos! These days I like to say I have a guitar in one hand and a camera in the other!
  13. Greg V.

Hey, thanks again. Hope you enjoy my music! Many thanks! Sorry but my record via iTunes etc. is all that's available since the CD has long since sold out. Thank you! I think the specific model or even brand is less important than just making sure its a great guitar with solid tone and feel...
  14. Greg V.

Someone here work for Gibson? Or some other competitor to Fender perhaps? Sounds absurd right? Well, that's cause it is. But hey, now that you mention it, just maybe Fender will hire me! I would love to have direct deposit, medical and dental benefits and be part of their sonic magic show! But...
  15. Greg V.

Right on. thank you so much Shallbe!
  16. Greg V.

Hi, @Trinehart , @JB6464 , @harleytech , @teletalkin , @* velcro-fly * , @petrock60 , @BlueRiff , @Jett , @The Opera Panther , @twoheadedboy , @beckstriad , @Shreve , @big mike , @skhan007 , @TVvoodoo , @Ogre , @Dexter Holliday , @Rick CD , @specialidiot , @Defendant , @Gabriel_GR ...
  17. Greg V.

The mighty Telecaster has been my favorite guitar since I was a kid for it's pure, sleek and minimalist design where nothing is wasted. Sure, I've had and still have other guitars but the Telescaster will forever be my first love and a 2000 Fender Custom Shop Nocaster is my main guitar. Wanted...
  18. Greg V.

Best wah you've come across?

For many, many years I've loved using vintage Italian wahs: Vox V846 that I sold to JD Simo, Gretsch Playboy sold to Guthrie Trapp, CryBaby gifted to Tom Bukovac. Years after that gear purge I went on the hunt for a new "vintage sounding wah" and discovered the Dunlop Clyde McCoy. Love it...
  19. Greg V.

Have you played with any "famous" musicians?

Looking back I’ve been fortunate to play with many great artists/musicians. It’s been a wild ride since first picking up a guitar at 13 years old as a kid living first in Woodbridge, VA and then Laurel Hill, FL. and dreaming to make my living as a guitarist. All I really wanted was to be...
  20. Greg V.

Thank you very much. It would be great to have these guitars come back home!
  21. Greg V.

Hi everyone, I sure could use some help in finding my mid 1970’s Gibson Les Paul Custom “Black Beauty” that was stolen November 1983 from my rehearsal space in San Rafael, CA. just north of San Francisco. Pics below. My parents bought me this Les Paul Custom brand new for my birthday in 1977...
  22. Greg V.

What are some ridiculously awesome TV themes?

I always loved Hawaii Five-O, Green Acres and the Max Headroom TV series that I played guitar on in 1987! Here's the opening credits with my 1980's futuristic guitar loud and proud! It was actually a really cool show that was ahead of its time in many regards. Had such a blast playing on the...
  23. Greg V.

Malford Milligan!!!!

That Catalina Blues Festival show was such fun, glad you were there! Touring with Double Trouble was a blast for me and having Malford sing lead for the shows was just icing on an already great band "cake". Every show, for months on end, Malford gave 150% of his soul to the audience and his...
  24. Greg V.

Some of my musician photos: Joan Osborne, Edgar Winter, David Grissom + others

Hi AD, Glad you are enjoying my images, thank you and you did a very nice job with the framing and mounting. Hi Everyone, I have a brand new website that was just released, hence all the missing images in this thread. So, please stop by the new site if you have a moment. My images are now...
  25. Greg V.

Taking a pro gig with a 'Famous' signed artist that you just don't like....

Hey Pete, I believe that's studio legend Tommy Tedesco's quote and advice. Gotta give the man credit.
Top Bottom