Search results

1. SteveK

Pre wired P/J pickguard...

I'm wanting to replace the active EMG P/J set on my Fender bass, with a passive set. Since it would have to use different pots etc., I'd like to replace the whole enchilada. Any suggestions where I can find this? Or anybody have one they would like to swap? Thanks.
  2. SteveK

Sold PRS SE 245

Re-posting the PRS SE 245. Guitar is in great shape, just some light pick swirls on the face. Locking PRS SE tuners added from John Mann. Dimarzio Super Distortion in bridge, Dunlop strap lock buttons, or I can put the originals back on. Includes PRS SE gig bag. Price is $325 with shipping...
  3. SteveK

Genalex Gold Lion, Groove Tubes, Mesa Boogie, JJ...

I'm wanting to get a spare set of 6V6 tubes to have on hand. It will be for a Fender DRRI/Fuchs ODS mod. Shipped with Groove Tubes, but I'm wondering if there would be any advantage to using any of the other brands. Thanks.
  4. SteveK

Nad - Fender DRRI/fuchs Ods Mod

Came in today. Band practice in AM...can't wait! Christmas in November!
  5. SteveK

New acoustic duo...Mods please move if this is the wrong area.

Ok folks, after playing in bands for 38 years with my wife as the lead singer, we have decided to try something we've never done before. In addition to the band gigs, we are booking gigs as an acoustic duo, we both sing, and Joy also plays harp and...kazoo :) Some questions that come to mind for...
  6. SteveK

Sold Fender Telecaster Neck - MIM

Up for sale is this 21 fret Fender Telecaster neck from my MIM Tele. Excellent condition, frets in great condition. I have had the guitar for a couple months, and when I bought it, the guitar still had the plastic on the pickguard. $130 via PayPal with USPS shipping to CONUS included.
  7. SteveK

Setting up my Pedaltrain Nano...

Channel switcher for Fuchs ODS, Line 6 G30 receiver > tuner > Xotic SL > compressor > delay. So my questions are regarding the compressor and delay. Due to the size of the board, these need to be mini pedals. For compressors I'm looking at JHS Whitey Tighty, Xotic SP, and Wampler Mini Ego. This...
  8. SteveK

6V6 Tubes

I have a Fender DRRI on the way to Andy to have the Fuchs ODS mod done. I want to buy a pair of 6V6's that are a step up from the stock one Fender uses. I hear a lot about Genalex Gold Lion tubes as well as Telefunken. Any thoughts? If you prefer one over the other, why? Any other ones I should...
  9. SteveK

Road Cases...

I'm buying a new Fender Deluxe Reverb and having it drop shipped to Andy Fuchs for his ODS mod. For a band that gigs regularly, within a 2 hour drive radius, would it be worth consideration? How many of the other members here are using road cases? And finally what brands are the "go to" for...
  10. SteveK

Fender replacement neck

I'm getting ready to order a replacement neck for my MIM Standard Telecaster. I want to replace the maple fingerboard neck with a pau ferro fingerboard neck. Two questions for the group: 1. Which neck will feel thicker in my hand, a "modern C" 9.5' radius, or a "flat oval" 12" radius? 2. Is...
  11. SteveK

Sold Rectoverb 25 1x12 Combo - Price Drop

In great condition, light scuffs on bottom. Used for a couple open mikes, and that's about it. Comes with cover and footswitch. $850 plus actual shipping costs, or will drive up to 3 hours to meet to ensure no damage to amp.
  12. SteveK

Joe Barden P90's

I have a Tele with a set of Joe Bardens in it, and love the tone and absence of noise. Does anybody here have experience with their P90 offerings?
  13. SteveK

Fuchs ODS tube replacement

I just had to replace the first 12AX7 in my Fuchs ODS. I have had this amp for at least 13-15 years (built in Andy's basement, and no, it will never be for sale...) and have never changed a single tube. So last night at the gig, the overdrive channel howled and was totally unusable. The Menatone...
  14. SteveK

Faber Master Kit

I'm going to be buying a Faber Master Kit for installation on my ES-339. For those of you that have played/heard, is there much difference between their regular bridge, their HYBRIDge that has titanium saddles under the bass strings, or use titanium saddles all the way across? I have also sent...
  15. SteveK

Gibson/Gibson Memphis/Gibson Custom Shop

It's been a while since I've owned a Gibson. I have a 2011 ES-339 from the Gibson Custom Shop on it's way here. What are the general differences between the three "Gibsons" I listed in the title? Any help/info would be appreciated.
  16. SteveK

Fralin P-90's

I'm thinking of dropping a set in one of my guitars and setting it up for slide. My main question is, with the reverse wound bridge pickup, will it still retain the P-90 "character" when in the middle (hum cancelling) switch position? Any other thoughts on these pups? Not really looking at, or...
  17. SteveK

22 and 24

Does anybody else here have a problem switching between 22 and 24 fret guitars? I've been playing for 40+ years, and find myself still having issues with this. My main electric guitars are a Strat (22 fret), a PRS DC 22 (22 fret), and a PRS Santana III (24 fret...why oh why did they not put two...
  18. SteveK

Tuning machines

I've been spoiled by locking tuning machines. I have them on all my electric guitars. Would like to find a direct replacement set for my Taylors. Any ideas?
  19. SteveK

Guitar weight

Do you have an upper limit for the weight of your electrics? Mine range from 6.6 to 8.4 pounds. Anything more than that would be...uncomfortable.
  20. SteveK

Fulltone Choralflange...

Sold my first one YEARS ago. Found one used in excellent shape. Very pleased...
  21. SteveK

Tappable PAF options...

I'm looking to swap out a pair of pups. I have a set of Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAF's in another guitar that I like quite a bit, but am wondering about other options. Can't go for a boutique set right now, so I'm primarily looking at Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio. Not looking for any high...
  22. SteveK

Number of frets vs. scale length

Just curious on how some other folks see it. I have guitars with 24.5" (current favorite), 24.75", 25", and 25.5" scale lengths. I can get around well when switching between them, but all my electrics are 22 fret. I don't like having to switch between 21/22/24 fret necks. I have a DC22, and have...
  23. SteveK

PRS Zack Myers & Sweetwater

Hey all. Just noticed that Sweetwater is selling this model @ $102 off their regular price. I called 'em up, to inquire since I bought mine about three weeks ago. They are refunding the difference to me. Talk about GREAT customer service! I was told the Vintage Sunburst ZM was being...
  24. SteveK

So, which "major" brands have you not owned an example of?

For me, it would be Gretsch and Rickenbacker...
  25. SteveK

Replacement tuning machines

Does anybody know of a lockng tuning machine that is a direct replacement for a PRS SE Santana? I have one coming in on Monday...
Top Bottom