Search results

1. D

Ada Mp-1 "marshall Mod" (mod 1)?

Hi, anyone with a ADA MP-1 with the "Marshall Mod" (MOD 1) added? This is just converting V2b to a Cathode Follower from a Gain Stage. Many amps including vintage Marshalls have a Cathode Follower or more than one, and it changes the feel and adds even harmonics as I understand it (as well as...
  2. D

Official Celestion Two Notes Cabs...

For those using Two Notes products, Celestion and Two Notes have released the Celestion cabs in the real-time mic adjustable Two Notes format, and they are stellar IMHO sounding much better than the Celestion IR's! Go ahead and audition them for free via the Two Notes Store. P.S. Soon there...
  3. D

Studio Devil VGA II 2.3 Software vs Atomic Ampli-Firebox?

These have essentially the same amp modeling correct (different FX but the same amp modeling)? Considering the A-FB for the FX Loop of my Axe FX Ultra to free up some DSP is all, and evaluating via the SD VGA II software, but want to be sure I'm evaluating apples to apples etc. TIA for any...
  4. D

Response To MIJLOVER's Question In Now Dead Poll...

Sure I hear differences of course, though the feel seems somewhat more homogenized vs my Axe rig, which like all modelers is more homogenized than the real deal. :anon That said, the most important thing to me is that Helix Native feels good and is fun to play! :aok One must keep in mind that...
  5. D

Any Interest In A Full Featured Looper...

...to be included or added with/to future top of the line modelers (they currently do everything else LOL!)? I mean a full featured Looper with features similar to the the Pigtronix Infinfity and the like? Essentially... a) MIDI Sync and Quantize In/Out. b) The ability to store loops via...
  6. D

Helix Foot Switch Assign Question?

In my quest for having a pedal setup similar to my Axe Ultra rig, but all-in-one etc, can you loop MIDI out of the Helix, then back into the Helix (via a cable etc), and assign 3 foot switches to control the Looper via MIDI (Rec/Play, Play/Stop, and OD), while leaving the other foot switches...
  7. D

Helix Switch Assign Question?

Hi all, considering upgrading to the Helix LT from my trusty old Axe Ultra, and I'm wondering... Can it have say 3 of the 1 - 8 footswitches doing Looper Control duty on the bottom row (rec/play/play-stop/and od), and the other five switches select Scenes? The manual seems to suggest the the...
  8. D

AX8 Switch Assign Question?

Hi all, considering upgrading to the AX8 from my trusty Ultra (typically used for FX only with tube preamps, but also used for it's preamps with a Two Notes Torpedo supplying the tube power amp sim), and I'm wondering... Can it have say 3 of the 1 - 8 footswitches doing Looper Control duty on...
  9. D

Axe Ultra Preamps - Torpedo CAB Tube Power Amp Sims

Seeing this is all "subjective", "IMO" I've found that the Two Notes tube power amp sims improve the old Axe FX's (Standard/Ultra) quite a bit "IMO" (better feel and bloom when driven etc), so "IF" you have a old Axe and a Torpedo already, and you want to improve your old Axe try turning off the...
  10. D

Can The AX8 Do This?

No amps or cabs, just post FX, could it run something this busy? The Axe FX Ultra lacks Scenes, so the PEQ's and Filter that are off below are merely switches in this setup, and most might not be needed with the AX8's Scenes? Note that the CPU Meter in this early Axe Edit was bogus, and the...
  11. D

Best Greenback Style 12" For Closed OS 1 X 12?

Hi all, best Greenback style 12" for closed back OS 1 X 12? It needs to handle about 30W RMS (solid state power, likely 50W peak or so?). Thx...
  12. D

Amplifire Questions?

a) Can you pan the stereo FX LOOP's returns? I have a couple of tube preamps in a Axe FX Ultra's FX LOOP, and I switch/mix the tube preamps by panning the FX LOOP's two returns (via Controller or Patch etc). b) Can the FX LOOP's returns accept Line Level (assuming yes)? c) Can the Input...
  13. D

Mandolin IR's?

Hi, anyone know of any Mandolin or Dobro IR's anywhere? Thanks...
  14. D

Best Pickup For Single Cone Spider Resonator?

Just got a older single cone Epi Resonator, best pickup options? I'd think I'd be happy with a Piezo as I run my Acoustic Guitar and Mandolin with them into a TC Body Rez with decent enough results for live use, though I'm new to the concept of pickups for Resonator guitars (having always mic'd...
  15. D

ODS Build Questions?

Hi all, we just built a Egnater MTS style Dumble ODS preamp with Skyliner EQ, and it's totally killer! Our architecture is gain stage, tone stack (OD Channel's two gain stages), and gain stage into a cathode follower out. Trying to dial it in on the this small format PCB etc, and I have a...
  16. D

Best Short-Scale Thin-Line Cut-Away Acoustic-Electric?

Hi all, I'm primarily a electric guitar plucker, but I'm doing a bit of acoustic work these days, so I need something that I'll feel more comfortable playing than my Alverez Dreadnaught, and something not as valuable as my early 60's Gibson B25 (something for travel and bar playing etc). This...
  17. D

TC Body Rez Thoughts?

Anyone using this? TIA!
  18. D

KPA Toaster Under Airline Seat?

Hi all, does it fit under the seat in a soft bag? TIA...
  19. D

Revalver on Netbook with Solid State Drive?

Anyone running Peavey's Revalver on a Netbook with SSD successfully? If yes, which one and config? I'll not be needing it for everything, just power amp sim and maybe cab sim? Thanks for any info...
  20. D

Large Post Metric TOM Bridge Conversion Posts?

Hi all... I was wondering if anyone would know where to get conversion posts to use either Nashville or ABR bridges on a guitar that has the large post metric inserts installed? If no, does anyone know the spec so I could make some? Thanks...
  21. D

Output Transformer Stauration?

Hi all... I have a transformerless low power tube power amp design that I'm working with and I'm wondering what I'm missing by being transformerless (sonically speaking)? Can anyone describe what output transformer saturation sounds like, or measures as? Thanks...
  22. D

Red Box Mk III vs Palmer PDI-09 The Junction

What's the word from those who've used both? This for roots/classic rock through bluesy crunchy cleans, no high gain etc, vintage Marshall Plexi and various vintage Fenders. Thanks!
  23. D

Best "Efficient" Modern Speaker?

Hi all... I have a little 50W amp I'm working with, and the volume I get out of a old 15" D130 JBL in a open back cab is perfect. I'd likely prefer a single 12" though, and the Jensen 12" I tried isn't loud enough. I tend to look for a JTM 45/Tweed-BF Fender Blues tone with Strats...
Top Bottom