Search results

1. icr

My First Multitrack Recording From 1984 Digitally Remastered...

Going through a box of cassette tapes, I found the first multitrack recording I did back in 1984. I had two cassette tape decks and went back and forth between them layering a new part each time. It amounted to 4 tracks. However, as you can imagine, the hiss gets almost unbareable by the 4th...
  2. icr

Spinal Tap Movie… True To Life…

I was reading about a band on Wikipedia. Amazing that it reads like the plot of the spoof movie "Spinal Tap." I suspect a number of 1970s bands follow the same course. A well known 1970s band, text copied directly from Wikipedia:
  3. icr

The best Holdsworth album..."Step it"

...and he is not even on it. Bill Connors is the guitarist. Weckl (drums) and Kennedy (bass) really kick ass on this...it is worth listening just to hear them. Check it out if you want to hear great Holdsworth clone with some catchy tunes.
  4. icr

Wow, these things are Airborne Again...

1980s Heritage Korina "V" have taken off. Very hard to find on the used market and when they do show up, very pricy. I got one many years ago as a stage guitar. I kept it in good shape and still have it.
  5. icr

New Instrumental Album FREE on BandCamp FUR TREE:WIND IN THE DUST

Somewhat Steve Wilson inspired. Mostly I was listening to his stuff, but probably sounds nothing like him.
  6. icr

Guitar Center Not Going Bankrupt............

https://www.retaildive.com/news/guitar-center-gets-some-breathing-room-with-564m-debt-exchange/580787/
  7. icr

Interesting Cause of "Less Than Perfect" Tone....

I bought this 1961 Reissue Gibson SG in 1994 new from a dealer. Though, over the years I never played it that much. I just wanted an SG for my collection. Guess it never had that "Perfect Tone." So, just this year I had it out and was a little shocked by its poor sonic performance. I decided to...
  8. icr

Early 1970s "Woodstock" Stratocaster

Testing the new forum's ability to accept pictures. My first 1970s Stratocaster. This sounds really, really good!! Sure, Woodstock was a few years earlier, but still, how come no one wants these [1970s Stratocasters]?
  9. icr

Awesome 1987 Ibanez RG550 and Blackface Fender Deluxe.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13999609
  10. icr

Lengthy Search For Guitar's Original Pickup...Paid Off...

Not many post-1970 guitars out there have a specific hard-to-find pickup that is desirable. There is one of which I am familiar. The elusive J92-C pickup that came in the neck-through Jackson "Professional" guitars that were made in Japan in the 1990s. I have a Jackson Soloists "Professional"...
  11. icr

ANTI-RELIC: Post Your Restored or Like-New Guitars

I have been looking for a good 70's Stratocaster for a long time. Grew up in the 1970s and wanted one all my life. Saw so many in guitar shops and being used by bands back then. This near-mint 1974 that I obtained originally had white trim, but the original pickguard is cracked and the prior...
  12. icr

NAD-- Alamo Amp-5!

Just got this Alamo. It has two 6v6 and is somewhat similar to 5e3 Tweed Deluxe, but has some differences. Feedback loop off the speaker leads, and the 4 inputs are different; no interaction of the two volume pots. It really has three inputs that merge together to one side of the 12AX7, and a...
  13. icr

What Ever Happened to Stanley Jordan...Like What Happened????

I was listening to Shadow Dance, a 2008 recording by Stanley Jordan. Scroll up to 2:30. ???? At first I thought this Stanley Jordan video was a 'spoof' upload like that Stevie Vai video of a few years ago where an overdubbed guitar makes Vai sound like a beginner.
  14. icr

Gibson Les Paul with 5-Way Stratocaster Sounds...

Coil splitting the humbuckers and the addition of a middle single coil pickup yields the same 5 switch positions as a Stratocaster, in addition to the 3 usual Les Paul humbucker sounds.
  15. icr

JCM 900 2x10 Combo EL35...25 Years And Still Rocking...

I got my JCM 900 out the other day. I have had it for 25 years. Never read anything bad about JCM 900 until I saw an internet thread on "The Gear Page" a few years ago. Back in the day the Valvestate was the alternative and they sounded pretty good too. I use mine with a Marshall Power...
  16. icr

Young Devin Townsend...

17. icr

I thought it was an Urban Legend...

...that people make their own releic guitars and sell them on Craig's list. I thought all those funny relic pictures on the internet were inexpensive guitars burned, beat with a hammer and photographed as a joke. This is actually 'For Sale,' so like maybe not a joke. :dunno
  18. icr

Classic Fusion Guitar Sound (Yamaha) kept alive in Japan...

Issei Noro, from Casiopia. I'm a 70s fusion fanatic. I still like this sound. He is a long-time Yamaha player. Classic Fusion shred solo at 3:36. From Google Translate:
  19. icr

Who gets excited about this little stuff...

After years of searching I finally got original NOS knobs for my 1947 Gibson L7-e. For those that don't know, Ted McCarty designed this fingerrest pickup to be very thin, so that it could fit an archtop guitar without modification. In addition to the thin pickup, the controls are mounted so the...
  20. icr

I plugged into this 1990s device and was blown away...

I plugged my SG into this 1990s device and had a surprise. The sound is awesome. The touch sensitivity is superb. "Vintage 90s" gear is a nebulous entity, but perhaps this would qualify.
  21. icr

Guitar Finder...Available on Most Computers

Searching for that perfect guitar or bass? Find it easy...
  22. icr

Thank God, it is Finally Coming to an End...

Cue to 6:27
  23. icr

Amp Collection and Pipe Organ 'Stops'...

I'm fascinated by the ease a pipe organist can pick-and-choose the ranks on the organ. For those of you not familiar, each 'stop' on the pipe organ is, in general, a controls set of pipes (rank) for the whole keyboard. Or a complete organ. So a 15-stop organ has 15 sets of pipes (in general). Or...
  24. icr

Great Vintage Rickenbacker 4001 Solo

It is not Jaco, but it is catchy and fun to listen.
Top Bottom