Search results

1. Britishampfan

Okay, I'd like some critique on this

Hey, I really like it, great singer, cool riffs, mix is good until the second part seems like the band gets buried a bit. I was wanting to hear the band kick in more but I am not listening in my studio on monitors, just small speakers. Edit-So I listened again and yeah on the rockin parts I...
  2. Britishampfan

Advice for amateur band on sound levels

You need a clean boost and enough headroom on your amp to get those single notes enough juice to get them floating above the mix. Or crank your amp on the solos, clean boost is easier.
  3. Britishampfan

Garage conversion project.....**UPDATED PICS**

Great thoughts on the wiring but if you look at the national electrical code for studios and sound production equipment it is clear what is required. The wiring is the least of the issues right now.
  4. Britishampfan

Garage conversion project.....**UPDATED PICS**

I would do more research before continuing or it will be all for nothing. I did sound spacers under the studs, with special caulk, screws, mass vinyl barrier and you have some design issues with that door and what you are trying to achieve. I also did a wall insulated a rocked, 4 inch space...
  5. Britishampfan

Going to record my next record completely live, no overdubs

We are working pretty much on the same thing OP, so far we have a bunch of less than perfect recordings of band practice thus far. The bleed is pretty bad, and while our current recordings are much better than whats on my soundcloud right now we are capturing a live sound. It`s been a...
  6. Britishampfan

recording "big" acoustic guitar

I am still trying to get a great acoustic recording, room and reverb plugins help but I`m thinking mic placement and really great mics- room is the ticket. I`m getting closer. Now I need some $5k mics. There is only so much my studio can do, If I need it perfect for commercial sale, I`m going...
  7. Britishampfan

Your DAW of choice

I used sound forge for a long time it was good.
  8. Britishampfan

Your DAW of choice

Really? my version has flex time and all that.
  9. Britishampfan

Your DAW of choice

I really like garageband too, easy to use, sounds as good as anything out there.
  10. Britishampfan

Your DAW of choice

Logic has passed pro-tools in my book, so logic.
  11. Britishampfan

New Macbook Pro Interface?

I am also waiting for trunderbolt, it`s still trundling along downhill slowly.
  12. Britishampfan

Logic Timing Issues?

I did a little looking for you, not that I am a logic guru or anything but yeah it`s all been covered. If it worked fine before it will again something got changed I would re install too. I am going to do that with my protools machine, wipe it clean re-install. good luck
  13. Britishampfan

Advice On Recording Nylon String Guitar

Thanks I appreciate the advice. Well I re adjusted the eq, no compression and axed the reverb and did something a little different and reposted. Going to re-record tomorrow and make sure it`s right from the start.
  14. Britishampfan

I know why recording studio walls are padded now.
  15. Britishampfan

Ok, well I got a track up on sound cloud. Is it not ok to press and limit acoustic instruments to make them louder? And it did something weird to the 11ms of reverb. I heard it in the studio, sounded ok uploaded and had to run. Got a few texts that it sounded good. ok cool Listened to...
  16. Britishampfan

Logic Timing Issues?

I had a problem with this dumping tracks from my 18 track to logic. It was a timing and bit issue. My MBP with Logic is powerful enough to play it instead of just locking up. The 18 track, the interface and logic should all be the same and synced.
  17. Britishampfan

Thanks again guys, I am going to try to hang a soundproof divider from the celing somehow to get a sound absorber between my face and the mic. I have a good sounding room going to go SDC on the neck and LDC`s in the room see how it sounds. The mic placement is huge, if I just move a little bit...
  18. Britishampfan

Well, the music I have right now is a jam loosely based on a song I wrote that actually got some local air play so I heard, I personally never heard it on the radio. Whatever. Anyway played it live on electric with a band more than a few times but the song was actually written on my old old...
  19. Britishampfan

Hey! thanks guys, I will give your suggestions a whirl. Stuff came up been busy to post the old track.
  20. Britishampfan

Hi again, Need some advice on how to get better results on recording a nylon string classical guitar. I used a Vocal condenser mic fairly close to the sound hole and got ok results but some problems. Tried mic pre- seemed to boost sensitivity but change the sound. I tried without and it...
  21. Britishampfan

Wrote a Song and want to copyright it

Sweet you can do it online now!!! Thanks for the heads up. I mailed a tape to myself years and years ago and a friend pro in the business just laughed at me and handed me the forms from his desk and showed me what to do. What I also was told is that you have to enforce your copyright and or...
  22. Britishampfan

Building a home studio sucks!!!

I was renting space and it was too expensive and there were other renters and bands and lots of interruptions so I took the rent money and built my own space and bought gear and it is my lab, practice spot, sanctuary. I too had grandiose plans that can still be acted on for future expansion but...
  23. Britishampfan

Just ordered a new MacBook Pro...need recording interface suggestion...brands..

It never ends, The rabbit hole is deep, very deep. My mac amazes me on a daily basis.
  24. Britishampfan

Building a home studio sucks!!!

A home studio is a large project. I`m glad I built mine but its not cheap. I would`nt have been able to afford it if I hired it out. Did a lot of research and the building materials are very expensive. I did mass vinyl barrier and it`s basically a room inside of a room. I still need to buy...
  25. Britishampfan

Shure Microphones SUCK!

I have one of Bob Dylan`s old 57`s I suppose I should get rid of it? I recorded my last demo track with it. :YinYang
Top Bottom