Search results

1. J M Fahey

The heaviest distortion pedals out there...

^^^^^^ THAT. No matter what your pedal sound or EQ, you need "muscle" to push air, basic physics. You might get away at bedroom or recording levels, but if there´s a Drummer involved (even in a garage rehearsal) you need at least 2 x 12" in a closed back cabinet and >50W RMS pushing them.
  2. J M Fahey

LM386 Based Pedals - More popular or why not?

:aok Love it. Congratulations. And yes, it IS a power amp, and will clip squarewave symmetrical like any SS power amp, what else? Personally I consider it a basic Op Amp with 2 "problems" which are not deal breakers: 1) since it´s meant to deliver serious current (drive a speaker which no Op...
  3. J M Fahey

Consumer Alert: Gear Tree aka Firehouse Music (Re: Boss TB-2W)

And you´ll become Jimmy Page by plugging your Guitar into it ;) ;) ;) Let me warn you, it being a reproduction, not made in England but in Japan, and not forgetting it´s 50 years too late, best you´ll come close to is:
  4. J M Fahey

Consumer Alert: Gear Tree aka Firehouse Music (Re: Boss TB-2W)

YOU-MUST-BE-JOKING U$450-550-1500 for that crummy pedal? I remember when they were NEW, a cheap Fuzz then like thousand others, not an essential piece of gear by any means, just a gimmick to be used on a couple riffs or so. When we discovered that real cool sound came from overdriving TUBE...
  5. J M Fahey

Is this fuzz DC center negative or positive? Is there a way to know it?

Trivial/safe solution: Plug an "empty" plug in the DC jack. Measure at the plug: one pin will go straight to ground, which is also the input jack ground tab , the one connecting to signal plug sleeve. The other will not. I suggest this "indirect" way because I see 2 or 3 pins at the DC jack...
  6. J M Fahey

Open letter to Robert Keeley and his team

This is as useless bandwidth and time wasting thread as I've ever seen. To begin with, open letters are meant for nationally important things, not minuscule pet peeves. https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_letter examples given there:
  7. J M Fahey

Analogman King of Tone new diodes

REALLY?????? https://www.ebay.com/c/2151137239 Side note: if a pedal is made in Japan it will probably use 1S1588 simply because there it´s a standard available everywhere diode. If made in Korea it will probably use 1SS422 If made in Europe: BAX13 and one American standard would be 1N4148...
  8. J M Fahey

Item not as described. Am I being too fussy??

Why? Warning that you are about to fart won´t make them any more pleasant. Lol. Not sure about that. You are here for 116 Months now and still wasting bandwidth over a tantrum. And dissing new Forum members.
  9. J M Fahey

Item not as described. Am I being too fussy??

Kara Christie from Vancouver, dear girl, take your medications or learn to use a ruler and a calculator: Teddy Bear is CLEARLY described as: * >>>GIANT Teddy bear<<< (that should have been a hint) * SIX POINT FIVE FEET LONG . That makes 4 ft long legs completely reasonable...
  10. J M Fahey

Where do you sell pedals?

Not in USA but same thing. Problem is that you do not have a shop in a Commercial street or the local "Music Shops" area in a large City so you NEED someplace to show and trade your stuff. Period. 9% fee too high? What are you complaining about. ?????? ESTABLISHED Manufacturers, yes, all of...
  11. J M Fahey

This has to be a joke

Well, if there´s people buying old capacitors, resistors, even worn pots and jacks pulled from Vintage amps, then anything is possible. Hey, there´s even people buying 40/50 year old NOS electrolytics ... guaranteed dry/leaking by now.
  12. J M Fahey

Op Amps - Overdrive/Distortion Pedals

No problem. Here´s the classic TS9 schematic, kindly supplied by R. G.Keen in his seminal geofex.com site: You have 2 Op Amps there. The main gain (and clipping) stage is A1 In a non-phase-inverting Op Amplike this one, gain is (whatever you connect from output to negative input) divided by...
  13. J M Fahey

Op Amps - Overdrive/Distortion Pedals

Results depend *a lot* on where they are used. By design , and I mean manufacturer´s design, such as TI, Burr Brown, etc. , not "ours" , and by definition, "all Op Amps are equal" :o and ONLY means to make them sound different is what you put in their NFB networks. That said, all real world...
  14. J M Fahey

I want to make it as a pedal youtuber but have no cash to buy pedals to review

Dear TeleVision and adversaries, both of you have been beating a very dead horse for a long time now. Please save us the bandwidth wasted on listening the same 2 (opposite) positions hundreds of times. They are stil two (count´em), but OBVIOUSLY both want to have the-last-word. My crystal ball...
  15. J M Fahey

No, he won´t. (Hint: there is no such channel or if it exists, it has less than 10% of the suscribers he claims ... if that many).
  16. J M Fahey

HEY!!!!! BEST IDEA!!!! This solves ALL problems!!! Including the Ethical AND the Economic ones!!! Demo Air Guitar .... and AIR PEDALS!!!!!!
  17. J M Fahey

That TOO? Can´t buy pedals and you want me to also buy a Guitar and Amp????? You guys are making this harder and harder by the minute!!!!!
  18. J M Fahey

This thread would have answered itself LONG ago if the OP had posted his actual work, his famous: never having seen anything about his work, this LONG thread is only speculation and waste of time. Full responsibility for that lies on OP´s shoulders, of course, valuable Forum members have...
  19. J M Fahey

Same here, that´s why I never ever show my face, big sales killer :( Notice I straight use Amp and speaker logo instead. Have to rely on good sound and product "face" instead, which in the long run ends up being better :) Who wants to see *my* face anyway?
  20. J M Fahey

IF your Avatar picture is anything like you, I understand your position ;) :)
  21. J M Fahey

Another excellent advice answer, with feet firmly in the ground. This one too, excellent practical idea. Of course, for ethical reasons, it should not be your channel but the shop channel. At least until it gets traction, starts being seen, and in parallel you learn your skill. And even after...
  22. J M Fahey

Personally I hate the "freely return anything, no questions asked", "the customer is ALWAYS right", etc. but hey, to each his own. I think they are very dated by now. In the old, affluent days, (think baby boomer era) people in general were affluent, shops had high margins on sales, they...
  23. J M Fahey

Being an "influencer" can be VERY hard. Keeping the place can be even harder, even after you "succeeded":
  24. J M Fahey

Your dream shows you are still at an immature stage. Kids want to live by designing Games, becoming Guitar Heroes, whatever looks "most important in the World" at that age, girls want to be Hollywood actresseses or World famous models, both now want to be Youtubers, influencers, etc. "Most...
Top Bottom