Search results

1. GuitarG

Owsley on GD amp mods circa '66

Here is a fascinating interview with Bear Owsley discussing guitar amp modifications he did for the Dead around '66. I've read a lot about his experiments and concepts with sound reinforcement, but this is the first I've read of his work with their guitar amps. If the time frame is correct...
  2. GuitarG

Line6 PodFarm 2. Very nice tones

I've always had a healthy interest in amp sim software and have spent time with just about every brand since they hit the scene. Previously Guitar Rig 4 had been my favorite, but after spending a few weeks with PodFarm 2, I've got to say that I am very impressed. OK, let's get this out of the...
  3. GuitarG

Ampeg V2-Les Paul Custom Clip

I just finished this video using my Ampeg V2 head and my '57 RI LP Custom. The V2 is such a great amp and I was surprised how few video/audio clips there were on how this amp actually sounds. In the next few days I going to try to do a few more clips using some different guitars...
  4. GuitarG

Ampeg V2-Les Paul demo

I just finished this video using my Ampeg V2 head and my '57 RI LP Custom. The V2 is such a great amp and I was surprised how few video/audio clips there were on how this amp actually sounds. In the next few days I going to try to do a few more clips using some different guitars...
  5. GuitarG

1972 Ampeg V2

I just got my 'new' 1972 Ampeg V2 back from my amp tech and used it on 3 gigs. Fat, clean, present and monstrously loud, playing this amp is an amazing experience. Notes jump out of the speakers when you lay into the guitar. I'm currently using it with a master volume box sold by Fliptops but I...
  6. GuitarG

Ryder amps/cabs from the'60's

Anyone have any information on the Ryder line of guitar cabs sold in the late '60's? I have heard rumours that there was an ampfliier line as well but have never seen one. The cab I remember was sold by a dealer in New Orleans. It was a very well made cab w/ 2 JBL 15's. I have not been able to...
  7. GuitarG

Just got an Ampeg V2. Master Vol pedal question.

I finally picked up an amp I've been wanting for years, an early 70's Ampeg V2 (original configuration, no master volume or distortion circuit). I just picked up a master volume pedal from fliptops.net, but the amp is in the shop getting a tuneup and I haven't been able to try it. It is a pedal...
  8. GuitarG

Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP

I just picked up the Pro 24 DSP and I'm very impressed with the sound quality of the I/O's. The preamps are clean and natural sounding and the output section sounds incredible. I'm hearing detail in my existing projects that never came through with my previous setup, a Tascam FW-1082. I'm using...
  9. GuitarG

New Song "An American"

Here is a new tune I am working on. It is a little different for me as I normally write straight ahead blues/rock kinda stuff. Any feedback on the mix, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Guitars are a Martin HD28, '67 335 through a '63 Bassman, '57 RI LP Custom through a Landgraff DO for slide...
Top Bottom