Search results

1. Prairie Belt

Green bottom strat pickup?

Looking to see if anyone can ID this pickup. It came in the neck position of an old Squier strat. No markings that I can see but it has that green bottom. The other two pickups are regular strat pups so this must be an aftermarket.
  2. Prairie Belt

The Alt.Country Club 33: Thirty Three and a Third

That's a good question, I'm not sure and couldn't find much info on his C6 copedent. He seemed to change things up on his tuning as the guitars progressed, probably did both at some point. It's cool how the guys who came up with the instrument while it was being developed would do their own...
  3. Prairie Belt

Fun/dorky fact about his guitar, he ended up tuning his 2nd string to C# and using the knee lever to raise up to D and D#, instead of the other way around. Now this is my kinda pedal talk!
  4. Prairie Belt

Yes! So good. He was great at using the quirks of the psg E9 tuning to do cool twists like the end of that solo. Stuff like the kick off to this simple turnaround: It's the easier part of that break to play but it stands out so well.
  5. Prairie Belt

Man, now I'm listening that whole NRPS show I just posted. That 70's thing of playing all over the place is, while not "right", pretty dang cool.
  6. Prairie Belt

My '74 Emmons was once owned by Myrick. He didn't leave any licks in it tho.
  7. Prairie Belt

"All the men in his family nicknamed themselves 'Rip.'" That's hardcore Texas right there.
  8. Prairie Belt

Aw yeah. You into the new album?
  9. Prairie Belt

Just reiterating @ChampReverb's advice. You probably won't find exactly what you're looking for right out of the gate. If they're nice people and good musicians it's worth getting together and seeing what it's like. There's no harm in jamming a few times and then politely telling people it's not...
  10. Prairie Belt

Eric's a good dude, local to this area. His original music is very cool & worth checking out. Not trying to call anyone out here, just sayin' sometimes you gotta smooth off some edges & present things differently when you're making teaching material.
  11. Prairie Belt

Posted this over in a vintage guitar thread, but here's my '63 SG (well, still a Les Paul) Jr. The only thing original is the wood and finish. Bought it when I was 15, someone had upgraded it to an SG standard. Two humbuckers, Badass bridge, Schaller tuners, pickup selector switch in the top...
  12. Prairie Belt

A vintage mandolin thread

1925 A Jr. Came with the original case and a few packs of Black Diamond strings. The previous owner had done a rough refret, I got it refretted with larger wire up to the 15th fret. Also came with the pickguard but I like it better without. @nmiller that's such a cool collection! Some really...
  13. Prairie Belt

Thanks! Really happy for him. The whole album is worth a listen.
  14. Prairie Belt

A cool album that I played steel on was released today. Seems to fall into the Alt.C genre, kinda sorta. Bandcamp page with the full album is here too.
  15. Prairie Belt

Yeah second on that. I've played music for a fair amount of wedding ceremonies. Mostly it's just knowing when they want you to start and stop playing, like when the bride enters, leaves, stuff like that. No one really cares what you're doing while the music's playing, they're watching her...
  16. Prairie Belt

The procedure and recovery is probably the most uncomfortable I've been without being in pain. Considering what the ladies have to go through what with birth control, pregnancy and childbirth, eh... Also they'll hook you up with good drugs before, during and after.
  17. Prairie Belt

My kids know that "In just a minute" means it will be a very long time. Re: publicists, they can do a lot for a self-released project if it was already gonna do pretty well without a publicist. They're very necessary for a release on a label.
  18. Prairie Belt

Bring Forth Your Mutts, Mongrels, Bangers and Bodgers, Let's Talk Player Grade

Thanks, David Crawford did the work last year and did a great job. The neck HB route was plugged and is covered nicely by the pick guard. There are some visible screw holes from the bridge HB, and the obvious holes on the back of the headstock from the Schallers, but aside from that the guitar...
  19. Prairie Belt

Bring Forth Your Mutts, Mongrels, Bangers and Bodgers, Let's Talk Player Grade

Not too bad now, but when I got this ’63 the previous owner had tried to turn it into a standard. Two t-top humbuckers, the input was on the side (you can see it in this pic, it was glued in) and the pickup switch was on top, big Schaller tuners, worn out frets, a Baddass bridge and a chopped up...
  20. Prairie Belt

And just 'cause the topic has come up again, I've always loved how Trace and A.M. sound, Brian Paulson did a great job with both.
  21. Prairie Belt

Honest Son Volt question, are people here big into any of the albums after Wide Swing Tremolo? Trace is a stone cold classic and I like the two after that well enough, but can't get into the post-Boquist albums, even though I want to. FWIW I dig all Wilco albums/eras.
  22. Prairie Belt

Unfortunately I'm 2 1/2 hours north or I'd take you up on that. If you're looking for a cool place to grab a beer visit the Thirsty Beaver. Are you doing music work down there? For a large-ish city the Charlotte music scene seems a little sparse. Maybe that's just my experience though.
  23. Prairie Belt

Recent Tony Rice interview

Jan Johansson is the interviewer. He's a NC-based bluegrass musician: https://www.pinecone.org/artists/jan-johansson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Johansson_(bluegrass_musician)
Top Bottom