Search results

1. I am the Liquor

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

RIP Eddie, just won’t be the same without you.
  2. I am the Liquor

Great lead singers who also played lead guitar?

Rik Emmett Richie Kotzen Nino Bettencourt John Frusciante
  3. I am the Liquor

How good did VH sound live at their peak?

They were awesome. And they were big stars. Big ego wrecked that version of the band.
  4. I am the Liquor

Please help: has anyone here gone from "truly incapable" to "passable" singer?

Yes it can be done. Will you ever be a great singer? Probably not but something is better than nothing. I believe really good singers are ‘born’ with it. You either have ‘it’ or you don’t. I don’t.
  5. I am the Liquor

Happy Canada Day! Name your favorite Canadian Artist

Prism Streetheart Nick Gilder
  6. I am the Liquor

Happy Canada Day! Name your favorite Canadian Artist

Colin James. Great talent, puts on a helluva live show.
  7. I am the Liquor

Old guys, what was BOSTON when they came on the scene?

Commercially. The 1984 album and accompanying “videos”, Hot for Teacher, Panama, that was the pinnacle for them imo. They were all over the radio, very hot ticket (I saw the 1984 tour) and every guitar player was trying to cop VH licks. But in the late seventies, they weren’t such a commercial...
  8. I am the Liquor

Honestly not until around 80 or 81. They didn’t really take off until the 1984 album/tour when they were already pretty much done with Dave and his MTV mania/schtik. TBH I preferred Randy Rhoads back in those days anyhow. It was him and Hendrix that inspired me to play guitar.
  9. I am the Liquor

They were popular but I remember that era in my area being dominated by KISS and Bat out of Hell by Meatloaf. The next really big album to dominate was Back in Black. I think that was around 1980.
  10. I am the Liquor

Why the copyright trolls have won YouTube

That would be regurgitation, not innovation. I am suggesting freedom to create, but if people would prefer to imitate that’s ok too, just don’t expect to derive a living off of it without compensating those who created it in the first place.
  11. I am the Liquor

Why the copyright trolls have won YouTube

There was no YouTube when I was a youngster learning guitar. Didn’t stop me or many others from continuing on regardless. This is a big deal for those who derive their income from using other people’s property. People shouldn’t be learning songs anyway, they should be learning about music so...
  12. I am the Liquor

Am I a good guitar player?

Do other people think you are a good guitar player? When people talk about you do they mention it? Do people ask you to play for them?
  13. I am the Liquor

1978 Best Album - Pick 2

John Prine, Bruised Orange.
  14. I am the Liquor

Joe Diffie RIP

Sad news, RIP:(
  15. I am the Liquor

I'm embarrassed to say that I listened to Electric Eye for the first time ever today.

Screaming for Vengeance tour just may be the best concert I ever saw. It was that good. I think it cost less than twenty bucks too.
  16. I am the Liquor

Mob Rules vs. Heaven and Hell

I saw the Mob Rules tour. It was spectacular. A different time. Love both these albums and really anything by Sabbath or Dio. My vote goes to Mob Rules.
  17. I am the Liquor

5 Major Beatles Hits You Just Don't Like?

I never cared for Hey Jude, but that’s it, my appreciation of them as a group and as individual musicians continues to grow almost daily.
  18. I am the Liquor

What type of music would you say Sultans of Swing is?

I like the Moody Blues! Not slagging on them at all. They are rock, but an easier listening, gentler version. Not in your face like VH or AC/DC or Nugent, etc..
  19. I am the Liquor

What type of music would you say Sultans of Swing is?

Soft rock. Like the Moody Blues, or Air Supply.
  20. I am the Liquor

Greg Koch and Josh Smith Folsom

That was freakin fantastic!
  21. I am the Liquor

I think it is time to give up on music

Sounds like you are struggling with mental health issues and that seems to be the root of the problem. I dont see how quitting music addresses that. I would think it may make it worse. Best of luck in whatever direction you take.
  22. I am the Liquor

Who was the first guitar whore?

Randy Bachman
Top Bottom