Search results

1. jbraun002

Rackmounted multiple inputs

Howdy all, This has to exist... but I can't figure out what it's called - hoping y'all can help. I'm looking for a rack mountable input switcher. Something akin to the Radial BigShotIO stomp box, whereby you can have two instruments and switch between them with a button. Context: I play a...
  2. jbraun002

Anyone use all Boss (or Ibanez, etc) pedals?

So I don't use a lot of pedals nowadays due to mostly playing steel or dobro, but I'm subbing in for a few gigs over the summer where I'll play a fair amount of guitar and had a rehearsal with the band. The other guitarist was probably the best guitarist I've ever met. And his board, IIRC, was...
  3. jbraun002

Bogner Shiva Troubleshooting - new tubes?

Hi y'all, I have an older Bogner Shiva el34 (no bright switch, no variable volume boost, just the older boost, green on the back). Sounds great - usually! I noticed yesterday on the clean channel that I was getting breakup at beginning of a note played (any note/chord), but not a pleasing...
  4. jbraun002

My tongue-in-cheek guitar pick "demo" - Paul Gilbert Style

My bandmate gave me a pick with our logo on it the other day, so I thought I'd record a light-hearted demo and share it: om7gqH_3WDg
  5. jbraun002

FS/FT: Bogner Duende 15w head (Minneapolis)

Bogner Duende Head for sale, $1200 OBO. Does a Fender clean, Marshall dirty sound. More info here: http://www.bogneramplification.com/duende Open to trades, particular those that involve pedal or lap steel related items, or combo amps. Local trade/sale ideal. Thanks for looking! Answers to...
  6. jbraun002

Blues Repertoire for Jam - Educate Me!

So I finally got down to a local blues jam the other night and was very surprised. No one was out of line on the stage. Everyone was great. Well organized. Diverse participation. Young people dancing. Sound was perfect. It was crazy - all my preconceptions about what was going to be were...
  7. jbraun002

FS/FT: PRS Two Channel Custom 50 - $1100

Traded For sale and/or trade is my PRS Two Channel Custom 50 watt Tube Amp. Got it new earlier this year, but it's not quite what I need for current projects so I'm looking to mix it up a bit. Will sell straight out, or open to trades. Priced at: $1100 See amp specs here...
  8. jbraun002

Poll: Refret, New Neck or Move on?

Just a fun little thread to see what you would do in this situation! I recently got a '64 Jaguar. I totally dig it, but it became clear after a few gigs that some of the faster playing I do on my other guitars just wasn't happening with the same ease. It's not that I can't play fast on it -...
  9. jbraun002

"Shredding" in Indie Rock/Americana

So I come from a background of growing up on Satriani/Vai and other such artists. Even when I play jazz, my influences are always the fast, driving 8th note type players (e.g. Pat Martino). And of course I dig the fast chicken picking some country players do. Now that I play a fair amount of...
  10. jbraun002

Boutique SGs?

Howdy y'all, I just noticed the other day that I know of a boutique copy of just about every other guitar design out there, but I can't think of any attempts to imitate or update the SG design. Any boutique takes on it? The only possible design that comes to mind is the PRS Mira/Starla...
  11. jbraun002

PRS Two Channel "Custom" Mini-Review

I haven't seen a lot of reviews of this puppy out there, so I thought I'd do a little mini review. Alas, I only have a cell phone to record sounds with, so I'm not providing any audio. Non-pertinent backstory: I got this after a couple of amps failed on me at recent gigs (some due to...
  12. jbraun002

Troubleshoot: Amp Dies on Stage

Hey y'all, Played 2 gigs with my Bogner Duende head last night. First gig was 2 sets, early evening (about 2 hours of playtime). During the first set I was up about half-way and my drummer remarked that I was kinda quiet. I didn't take it to heart b/c we were in a coffee shop playing roots...
  13. jbraun002

Strymon's Weird "No Shopping Cart" Policy

Ok, this might be picking on Strymon (maybe other vendors do this?), but I can't for the life of me figure out why every store that seems to sell their pedals says that they can't be bought online through a web store. Instead, you have to give the dealer a call. I typically see a notice...
  14. jbraun002

Analogman Juicer

So I just bought a used Analogman Juicer pedal and have been pretty impressed. It makes the tele pickup on my Fano SP6 sound "classic country" like nothing else I've ever used. Gonna use it live this weekend for just that purpose (though with my tele). My only reservation is that I'm not sure...
  15. jbraun002

Good Amps for Lap Steel!

Just curious if any other lap or pedal steel players have any amp favorites they like to use with their steels. I use the same amps I use for guitar (principally a Victoria Ivy League), but I swear I've noticed that the lap steel is much more forgiving tone-wise than my 6-string. I think, for...
  16. jbraun002

NPD: Malekko Comp - too much?

Well, I just downsized by board to consist of about 6 mini-pedals and a volume pedal (perfect for lap steel and my tele). One of the necessary components of that setup for me is a good compressor. Since I _love_ the Malekko trem and spring, I thought I'd give the comp a try. It's only the...
  17. jbraun002

Intermittent Crackling - Bad Tubes?

So my main amp is a Victoria Ivy League which is just spectacular. But lately it's been "crackling" at the most bizarre times. I went over to a friend's house to play some jazz, and as soon as I plugged in and powered up, the cracking began (no instrument cord connected even). It was sound...
  18. jbraun002

Fenderish Cab for Egnater Tweaker

Yes, another Tweaker thread! :) I have the Tweaker head and associated 1x12 cab. I want to buy some other cabs, mostly for leaving in my practice spaces. I think the stock cab sounds great on its own. But I'm curious to see what others might recommend. I'm mostly playing country and...
  19. jbraun002

NGD: Lap King Bel Aire (lap steel)

So last week I made a post expressing my frustation with the tonal qualities of my lap steel's pickup (lack of clarity): https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1109882 Well, as luck would have it, my favorite local guitar shop (Willie's American Guitars) just happened to get...
  20. jbraun002

National Lap Steel: Better Pickup?

I have an old National lap steel. I get compliments on its tone when I play it, but truth be told, I'm not really happy with its low end. It seems like the first 2 strings play fine, but strings 3-6 have progressively less output and clarity the lower I go. This has started to bother me the more...
  21. jbraun002

Praise for GHS Nickel Rockers on my Fano!

Just had to post this as I'm pretty excited about this at the moment. I've been searching for the right string for my Fano SP6 (maghog body). When I got the guitar I replaced the "factory" strings and went through the following brands (all of which were good and have served me well on other...
  22. jbraun002

Adjust pickup height for new strings?

Howdy all, I just moved up from Ernie Ball 10s to Thomastik Infield Bebop 11s on my solid body electric. The feel and sound is great, but I am noticing that the unwound strings, especially the G string, are noticeably louder than the wound strings. I have a gig tonight, so I'll probably...
  23. jbraun002

Anybody ever choose a MIM because it's made in Mexico?

So I was missing my native California sun and weather (being out in MN) and a certain fondness crept over me for Tecate and Corona, the beach, and awesome weather. And it occurred to me: maybe someday I might actually prefer a guitar made in Mexico _because_ it's made in Mexico. I mean, I...
  24. jbraun002

Multiple Power Sources for a Pedal Board

I have a small board right now (a Pedaltrain Nano) and am thinking about going up to a Jr. My power supply right now is a T-Rex Fueltank Jr. - works great, but I can only power 5 pedals at the most, and less if I want to run some at 18v. My question is this: anyone out there use multiple...
  25. jbraun002

Hip Comping on a Jazz Blues

Recently when I've been playing blues I've been feeling like my comping isn't hip enough - not modern sounding enough. I mostly moving between voicings on the first 4 strings (d-g-b-e), sometime only using 3 notes, trying to create little melodies. Sometimes I just play the 3rd and 7th. That...
Top Bottom