Search results

1. J

Pedal graphics

Actually I have never used a laser to etch a pedal, but I did recently get a Laser for my 3d Printer, so maybe in the future. The etching was done using a resist (usually a silk screen or hand drawn art) in a bath of Acid. It was a totally toxic process and I no longer use that method for...
  2. J

2016 AVRI Jazzmaster with Chinese Dragon!

Hi Ron, Thanks for chiming in, I know the person I got it from had nothing to do with it. I have done some searches for Foo Dog stickers, decals, line art, tattoo samples etc. and can't find any match yet. The marking under the rear left leg looks like a signature of the artist (which could...
  3. J

If there are more out there like mine it would be a good indicator that it left the factory with the Foo Dog Mod already installed.
  4. J

Got this today from my Fender rep after sending him the pis. (I am an authorized warranty repair for amps), Hey John, Woah!! That’s crazy! I have added in Tech Support to run this down and see if there is any info we can find on it. Stay tuned, as we are extremely busy. Many thanks!
  5. J

I'm leaning toward the image was there when it was sold as new but I'm still investigating, the person I got it from bought it used at GC in Hawaii so I'm going to do some more research and also show it to some local offset Guru's here in Seattle.
  6. J

They mostly think its a re-fin, I think it's a Factory mishap. I am in Seattle and there are a couple vintage guru's here I can show it to. I don't think it's a refin, it measures exactly 1 5/8 thick at the neck joint with digital calipers with precision down to 1/132. I've seen some pretty good...
  7. J

Love for the Fromel Go! pedal

I don't think it's ever been a secret, but most guitar players would not know what to do with controls labeled Bias and T-Filter any more than they would Thing1 and Thing2 and I love Dr Seuss. Perhaps I should do like Boss and make a Bass version in brown and the only difference will be the...
  8. J

Basically it's the distortion circuit from an Electra Guitar with some added love (bias and T-Filter). IMHO the last truly "novel" design in analog peals was the Bucket Brigade Delay back in the 80's, since then all analog pedals are pretty much re-mixes/improvements of previous designs.
  9. J

Was this one yours?
  10. J

I think I have that Go! back in my shop (saw it used at a local shop and bought it), was yours an etched graphic (radiohead) or copper hammertone? If memory serves I only made 2 PTP, I have the copper one.
  11. J

I was just trying to say thanks to IronChefChris, if that's a humblebrag..... well ok.
  12. J

Thanks for the LOVE!!!!!!
  13. J

I have this JM as well, Built by Joe Riggio, also one of a kind but no Lion.
  14. J

The image is so damn perfect there is no way it was not intentional. It looks to me like it was there before the finish but I'm sure not going to sand it down to find out. The GOT Latimer Lion is similar but this is definitely not GOT art.
  15. J

Originally had a tort guard (which I still have), Here are pics of the neck and pocket prior to my ownership. I think Javier may have some explaining to do?
  16. J

Yes this is the exact same instrument, the scratch in the back is the dead giveaway! I got it local here in Seattle, it's an amazing guitar even without the Lion.
  17. J

I am trying to find out something of the mysterious image in this JM I just bought. The seller noted that it looked like there was an image under the finish that looked like a dragon but was only visible at an angle. True enough there was something there but it looked like the image had been...
  18. J

Tour Box Threads

I'll fire off a tour box, anything anyone want to try out????
  19. J

DC2w clones?

Hawkmoon, I have to correct you. The reason the DC-2w doesn't have knobs is because it's a remix of the DC-2, which is the pedal form of the SDD-320 Dimension D which was not a chorus effect, it was a dimension effect, with four presents. Each preset just changes the value of the resistance(s)...
  20. J

DC2w clones?

The Seraph Dlx and Lush DLX are pretty much the same thing, when in preset mode you can get all four of the original presets and any combination of them, in manual mode the rate and depth are via the pots and you can go from really slow to really fast beyond leslie speeds, it also has true pitch...
  21. J

New Fromel Seraph Deluxe

The original was a dead on clone of the DC-2, the circuit differences between the SDD-320 and DC-2 are almost identical with the exception of the chipset used and balanced stereo in/out and internal power supply. The Seraph DLX falls somewhere in between using 3207's and stereo in/out (but not...
  22. J

New Fromel Seraph Deluxe

Update on the volume drop on NOS units. I put a couple of them on the scope this evening and there is a very slight volume drop, when play testing at the shop nobody could hear a volume drop when using the pedal by itself with no other gear other than guitar/amp and two cables. I also put the...
  23. J

New Fromel Seraph Deluxe

In my tests on the scope of the standard version there is no volume drop. I will put a couple of NOS versions on the scope this evening to see if there is an actual drop in volume and a perceived drop due to the nature of the effect. If there is a volume drop I will either stop selling the NOS...
  24. J

New Fromel Seraph Deluxe

The circuit is basically the same but most of the components are surface mount. All the resistors are still 1% metal film and all the caps are C0G MLCC, which perform as well or better than film or electrolytic caps. The NOS version will sound about the same, the standard version is brighter...
Top Bottom