Search results

1. rodeodee

Singer keeps singing over solos

The main singer in one of the bands I’ve been playing in for a long time (over 10 years), has been starting to sing vocal “solos” while I’m soloing. The singer is lovely and very capable vocally. I do not know how to tell her. At last night’s corporate gig, she sang over solos in about 5...
  2. rodeodee

Gibson Goldtone Ch2 just dies all when EQ is turned up (Video)

I have a Gibson Supergoldtone GA30RVH head. Great amp. Currently Ch2 just dies all when EQ level and gain are turned up. If EQ is backed off (bass and highs especially) then the level for CH2 can be higher, but if bass/high or gain is turned up too much, the signal dies. Sounds like a dying...
  3. rodeodee

Genuinely confused. OCD placement in signal chain

Guitar > tuner > comp > OCD? > wah > Sparkledrive? > delays > amp I've never been stumped before. I've got an OCD to replace a BD2 on my board. I think I'd like to keep the Sparkle Drive, it's so useful as TS with that clean blend. I had the Bd2 first, then the Sparkle drive, so I'm thinking of...
  4. rodeodee

How do you inspire a kid but not be pushy?

After getting continual requests for the last three years, I've finally bought a drum kit for my boy, and lessons start next week. The kit's fine for a starting kit (Pearl Export), and it'll be a little cramped and noisy in his room but I'm excited for him. I really hope he'll take to it and...
  5. rodeodee

Amps in the back of the ute?

I bought a Hilux / Vigo. Just wondering if anyone's come up with a good system for keeping amps in one spot in the tray without just them down. Mine is an SR5 so it actually just has 4 tiedown points at the moment. I was wondering about some foam/rubber barrier to block it in. I'd rather not...
  6. rodeodee

One side of stereo amp gone loco

A while back the connections came off one of the speakers on my Gibson Goldtone GA30RVS 2 x 15watt stereo EL84 amp. I didn't realise during a gig, so it was running without any load on one side. (probably for a few hours!) I reconnected the speaker after the gig, transformer still worked but...
  7. rodeodee

It should have been so bad.

Backstory My original band is seasoned and pretty good. released an album earlier last year, played some good gigs, including some great supports with local/ national international heroes. There were some average gigs in there too, and long periods of nothing. At the end of last year it felt hit...
  8. rodeodee

Mooer Trelicopter - light is on but no one's home

I picked up one cheaply a few weeks ago, I've barely used it. A few days ago I had some strange power issue where the reg power supply refused to power it for a minute, so I juggled power cables and it came back. Now the LED lights on but I get no effect on the signal, just straight bypassed...
  9. rodeodee

How do you count extra bars in country songs?

I'm looking at Cash's Ghostriders in the Sky, and I notice there's a few odd extra bars here or there in the last verse. It almost feels random, and I've noticed in other country tunes there's often longer grouping of bars (beyond say 4 or 8 or 16). Is there some kind of rule going on here that...
  10. rodeodee

Fireworks and wet gear.

Played a birthday last night, in a nice rural area, about an hour out of town. We played under a covered deck, normally would be okay. Rain really started to come in at angle as the night wore on. I had to cover my pedal board entirely with those canvas speaker bags. The covering got pretty...
  11. rodeodee

Buffer trials yesterday - surely I can do better?

I swapped out my much loved Ibanez DL10 for a Carbon Copy in my board, and noticed that my board is missing a decent buffer. (AFAIK, all my current pedals are some sort of non buffered bypass., apart from the TF) Normal Signal path is: guitar > keeley > JHS TBP tuner > toneweal octaver > 535q...
  12. rodeodee

Weirdest thing - an SG jr with binding and inlays?

I checked out a guitar for sale locally. It has an average paint job, looking to be stemming from what is very likely a headstock break at some point in the past. The paint job is average, and has covered over the serial number. But the guitar has a bound neck and inlays, and SG truss rod cover...
  13. rodeodee

Restrung with Elixirs - major step backward

I restrung my Martin with 80/20 Elixirs tonight for a gig. It was a hasty gig and I was caught short so I had to grab some Elixirs. I've played them on other guitars and not been that impressed but I was shocked at what they did to my Martin. It's a D15, I've previously been using Martin...
  14. rodeodee

EBS Valvedrive help needed

My EBS Valvedrive lights up but only passes audio when bypassed. First I changed the fuse on the PCB and it's now at least powering. I got excited seeing the tube lit up - but then I realised the light from the tube was not actually the tube but the LED light underneath. The tube itself is not...
  15. rodeodee

Auditions ain't a bad word

I've been on a hunt for a while to fill up some extra dates in the calendar with another band. It's been a bit of a slog going through the posted ads for my area, working out which ones are serious. Then calling up, sending a bio etc. I've auditioned for and been asked to join 5 bands now. Each...
  16. rodeodee

Jaw-dropped

I've been on a mission recently, and had a chance to play a few totally awesome amps . Firstly, got to play a Gibson Goldtone GA 30RVS, which is the 2x12 combo with V30s. Amazing to look at, incredible detail and behaves just like a Goldtone should. The only thing about it is the v30s. I'd...
  17. rodeodee

Trouble shooting a Keeley compressor

My two knob Keeley compressor has had some issues lately. I got some crazy radio interference the other week in a rehearsal in an old building in the city. I only got it (and it was loud) when that pedal was turned on. And not a sound of rf was happening when it was off (and I had plenty of gain...
  18. rodeodee

New band, no español. Ay caramba.

I saw an ad for a latin pop band needing a lead guitarist. I googled the leader's name, saw an impressive cv (beuna vista supports) and other current bands, and thought, sounds good. I rang up, got an audition scheduled, told the leader that 2 of his drummers know me and my playing. Next thing...
  19. rodeodee

Hard work or hardly workin'?

Recording an album right now. Been a little while since I had a chance to really get to experiment a little and play with various combinations of guitars, amps, cabs, mics etc. • tracking guitars ourselves to save money • session was at an large old building with thick walls, amps...
  20. rodeodee

Timefactor presets : A brief note to fellow idiots.

I thought I'd write a quick note about updating and saving patches on the Timefactor. My time factor is currently stuck at a beta release of version 3 (waiting on registration approval from eventide as I bought the pedal used.) Anyway, using a cheap usb midi cable, (and after working out...
  21. rodeodee

How to prepare for reggae audition?

Just got wind of an opportunity to hop on board a newly forming band for an existing reggae singer, who has previous material, festival history, a producer and another band (based in spain I think?). I'm white, usually play rock and I don't smoke. But this could be an awesome gig, the tunes...
  22. rodeodee

Mismatched output transformer installed by tech

I have a Trace Elliot Velocette / Gibson Goldtone, which I love. Recently I had a massive drop in volume - was a blown OT. I dropped it for repair - the tech emailed that he's installed an OT he had in stock, some generic chinese Weber OT. He wrote the amp was ready: "I’ve replaced it...
  23. rodeodee

Gibson Super Goldtone - preamp / reverb noise?

Hi there, I have a Gibson Super Goldtone GA30 RVH with a a non working reverb and also a static noise issue. Yesterday I tried swapping tubes to eliminate the problems. What I tried so far: Plugging straight into the power amp I had no noise issue at all. Sounds clean. I pulled the...
  24. rodeodee

Step down vs transformer change

I'm hoping to see a Gibson Super Goldtone delivered to me shortly. Super excited but debating step down vs changing the internal transformers. I'm just wondering about people's thoughts on running a step down transformer - does the quality of that step dpwn transformer matter much to the tone or...
  25. rodeodee

Zoom G3 clarity

Last night I commited to using the G3 for the whole wedding gig. I tweaked a little on the fly, but I had a hard time keeping clarity on slightly broken up tones. For crunch I'm using the Carr amp model, no really problems there, actually it sounds great. But for songs like Respect, I'm a...
Top Bottom