Search results

1. rodeodee

Amps with underrated cleans

I was wondering if anyone would mention this amp. It dropped my jaw wide as well. Years ago I bought this amp, sight unseen from overseas. I picked it up at an airport in another state, and took it straight to a live album recording I was involved with at that time (gospel). I set it up while...
  2. rodeodee

That amp that got away

Those amps just did not sell for years and years and years. Saw them listed well under 1k with no takers. Seems prices have increased at some point though.
  3. rodeodee

Jacking up your fees for live music - any requirements?

I'm feeling the increased costs. Just fuel alone is killing me. I took a regional gig last week that was worth 700+, but then I probably spent 140 getting there and home again and unfortunately the other players all had get there in separate vehicles due to other work/family commitments either...
  4. rodeodee

RIP Kelly Joe Phelps

Listening right now, just heard the news. Truly sad news. Amazing player, artist and singer. How tragic. Thankfully there's a good catalogue of recording and video to help remember him. Hope I hear him again someday...
  5. rodeodee

Why does the Australian accent sound terrible when singing?

With singing, do what comes naturally. The voice has to built. The more you do it, the better it gets. The accent will take care of itself. We respond to songs and singers for all sorts of random reasons. Find your voice through just consitently working at it. I wouldn't think much about how...
  6. rodeodee

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

One of the very greatest guitar heros. I bought VH 1 and 2 as a kid. Eruption was absolutely jaw dropping. Thanks to youtube, a gained a new appreciation hearing how amazing his guitar takes were on that early stuff. Superstrats, hot-rodded marshalls, tapping, dive bombs, crazy techniques. Truly...
  7. rodeodee

Most unique 90’s guitar tone

Talk Show is a great and underappreciated record! Dean Deleo's tone and single coil sound really woke me up to chasing single coils over humbuckers. There's many 90s bands that had much more unique guitars sounds, back when it was so much harder to figure out gear, a lot of players ended up...
  8. rodeodee

If you could’a stood in one spot in Rock n Roll history...

Johnny Cash's Folsom prison set. Any early 70s ZZ top gig. Any mid 70s Floyd. U2 '83 red rocks - Blood Red Sky, or Sun City 87 era. ACDC - Bon Scott Era - 76/77 era would have been epic.
  9. rodeodee

Saddest songs ever

Actually, "How to make gravy" but Paul Kelly is pretty special. The story of a guy stuck in prison, missing his family on christmas day. Hello Dan, it's Joe here I hope you're keeping well It's the 21st of December And now they're ringing the last bells If I get good behaviour I'll be out of...
  10. rodeodee

Saddest songs ever

I forgot about this one, but it's a hell of a song. Great choice.
  11. rodeodee

Saddest songs ever

This is a great question. Glenn Campbell - Wichita Lineman "And I need you more than want you, And I want you for all time And the Wichita lineman is still on the line" Johhny Cash' version of Hurt Death Cab for Cutie - I will follow you into the dark "If heaven and hell decide that they...
  12. rodeodee

The Steel Woods

Just found these guys via Apple Music among related artists while hunting for new stuff. Sounds great. Killer guitar work.
  13. rodeodee

How we made records in the 90's

Oh man. That's a pretty amazing list. The STP stuff - wow.
  14. rodeodee

Guitarcentric songs that stopped you in your tracks

This is a great question. As a kid with very few albums at all, this energy and interplay of this struck me. This album had a huge impact - the rhythm and delay as much as the lead. The guitar intro for this song blew me away. So many more, including Eruption, SRV, Soundgarden, Pantera...
  15. rodeodee

Guitarcentric songs that stopped you in your tracks

I only heard for the first time about 5 years ago. Blew me away.
  16. rodeodee

Bon Jovi & Sambora

I have no idea whether that's true, but this podcast is pretty recent and Garry basically says he has to hustle for work in between. Daniel asks if he was taken care of enough financially to do pick and choose / do whatever he wants and he said no. I may very well be wrong but that was the...
  17. rodeodee

Bon Jovi & Sambora

I actually just listened to a podcast this week - Daniel Donato interviewing Garry Tallent from the E street band. It sounds like they're paid, but not enough to not have to find other work when not touring.
  18. rodeodee

The Bros. Landreth

love these guys. Joey's voice is so good.
  19. rodeodee

Tea Party fans?

I've seen them about 5 or 6 times over the years. First heard them in '93, Edges of Twilight was an amazing album. Jeff Martin is a talented mofo, but they all are. Incredible trio, and yes, I agree Jeff Martin's LP through Matchless rig was one of the great guitar sounds I've ever heard live...
  20. rodeodee

This is VERY MUCH worth the watch (Tommy Emmanuel content)

I love this. A man that's completely at peace with himself and his work. What a great soul.
  21. rodeodee

Huge Bands that Vanished

Don't you guys ever use google? Plenty of bands getting named in this thread that are still going but simply moved away from mainstream radio. The bigger story is radio and print aren't the big mediums they used to be, and there's exponentially more music to discover these days, albeit via many...
  22. rodeodee

Son Wants to Learn Drums, Need Info

My son is now three years in, playing an acoustic kit everyday. We like the noise. It's the sounds of discipline and sticking at it, and it's been great, one of the few great positives in his life. We just switched teachers to a guy that may have the best session resume in the whole city...
  23. rodeodee

Massive Attack......

Mezzanine has stood up so well over time. It blew me away then and still sounds so great today. Great bass, vocals, deep ambient vibes. Love it.
  24. rodeodee

The best band you've never heard of

I remember seeing The Information video and it blew me away. The rest of the album didn't quite live up to it but I would have loved to see a live show with 2 drummers.
  25. rodeodee

JD Simo

I've been a fan for 5 or more years now. Fantastic player, genuinely seems to love it and humble according to every story around. Once of the best "younger" guitar players around.
Top Bottom