• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Rock72

Got pics of Guthrie Govan and Bryan Beller's pedalboards from tonights show

Cool, thanks. I´m sure Gowan is sad he can´t post in "TGP Neatest Pedalboard Threads"
  2. Rock72

Best Wide-Ranging Marshall-type Drive/Distortion Pedal

Great pedal, I agree with the two above posters
  3. Rock72

I wish Cioks were more widely used...

This. Covers all my needs with mA hungry pedals, and works great.
  4. Rock72

od11 custom

Since you use the word "claims" you don´t believe those who says it?? Schematics, components, values and TGP ethics of cloning aside, yes it does sound different. Not saying better, I´ll let each decide. FWIW, I´ve own/owned all three mentioned.
  5. Rock72

Is the Sparkle Drive the only one of its kind?

The Pure Drive from NOC3 is great for that
  6. Rock72

What's your favorite amp RIGHT NOW?

Right now it is a Tone King Falcon. Perfect for me as a home player. Works great with guitar straight into the amp, so set slightly more for cleans with a few pedals. Very versatile and the built in attenuator works great.
  7. Rock72

Did anyone buy Vemuram Jan Ray recently being aware of the recent affair?

Have one too, bought before the controversy. Like the sound, no intention of flipping it. But I do agree, in this day and age where little originality remains, they should have been forthcoming about what it is based on and given credit. And I still feel that they should have been more...
  8. Rock72

Bogner Blue vs Carl Martin Plexitone Single?

Anyone had a chance to compare these two? I´m thinking especially the Blue in pleximode. Does the Carl Martin have more gain?
  9. Rock72

The pest pedalboard for me right now

I did this for a while, with the Dr Z attenuator. The K19 is an awesome amp. Then I got sucked into pedals again...
  10. Rock72

Lollar Blackface or Blonde for my strat

I am interested in knowing this too
  11. Rock72

Did the mods pull the toneczar thread?

Emotions run high in TGP land...you either get beaten up or hyped...until beaten up. Gear is a matter of life and death here I´ve had the Dove. Still miss it.
  12. Rock72

Prince Of Tone opinions

I´ve had the KOT two times but found I didn´t use both sides. Now I have the POT on its way, and if its bigger brother is anything to go by, it will be most excellent
  13. Rock72

FINALLY wired up my Ciokolate power supply... and it's not working properly. Help?

I do have a Ciokolate which I set up a fortnight ago. Because I am not very technical, and as a man should, hate manuals, I emailed Cioks with a list of my pedals and how to set it up (outlets and dip switches). So I just followed their guidance. Reading about your problems, I´m glad I didn´t...
  14. Rock72

Questions on Timeline versus Timefactor

Only because of the possibilities it offers in addition to what OP asks (TF delays). That´s all.
  15. Rock72

Questions on Timeline versus Timefactor

The timefactor is going to be the less expensive alternative, but what about the H9 being released in March? Besides using dual delay, you can run other Eventide effects on the unit as well making it more versatile and hopefully what will be good bang for the bucks
  16. Rock72

Timmy vs Jan Ray with a video... :)

Thanks for making the clip :) I have both as well. Both are great, and I do find different character in each (haven´t spent any time trying to get them to sound like each other). That being said, I am disappointed with Vemuram (and Lovepedal for that sake) for not being forthcoming with the...
  17. Rock72

Two-Rock EXO 15 review

Excellent review. Those amps looks and sounds great. Nothing beats the feeling when it all falls into place. Enjoy!!!
  18. Rock72

Bogner Blue..what single channel of is as good?

I have been plying around with a BJF Dyna Red Distortion next to the Blue. I can get close with the two of them. The DRD feels a little tighter, and the Blue offers more flexibility.
  19. Rock72

Vemuram Jan Ray = Timmy clone

That´s where I´m at
  20. Rock72

Did you change any letters or was it a blatant rip-off?????
  21. Rock72

Have / had Jan Ray, Timmy and Lovepedal Amp 11. To me, most different from the Timmy was the JR. That being said, I can´t read schematics, so those who says the circuit is identical may be right.
  22. Rock72

After playing Vemuram Jan Ray for a week my Klon is for sale

I do not have this. I have never used it with batteries, only my CIOKS unit.
  23. Rock72

Good example of what the Bogner Red can turn a Fender Deville into

Sounded great, and good playing. Helps. Have the Blue, this makes me want the red too...GAS
  24. Rock72

Tone King Falcon

Excellent. Just read through them.