• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. J

Analog chorus with true bypass, no tone suck, possibly analog dry-through?

Videos do not lie; it actually sound better in real life. "Flat response" was a major part of design goal, although I prefer to think of it as "natural" or "organic" sounding (for those who like buzz-words). :) Cheap it is not. :( I am equally bummed here, but it is not "cheap" to achieve what...
  2. J

What pedals use the FV-1 chip ?

The FV-1 is a fantastic DSP "system on a chip" but please do not fall into the camp of believing that all circuits using an FV-1 are the same. At the end of the day, it is a "calculator" figuratively speaking, and to draw the parallel that all audio circuits using the FV-1 are the same is akin...
  3. J

New Voodoo from Mr. Black

Production model. Sorry for any confusion. :) I will build these units as long as I am able to. They are exceptional.
  4. J

All this talk about "reverse reverb" had me thinking...

Does reverse work for other effect processes too? E.g. "Reverse Chorus" "Reverse Distortion" etc.
  5. J

Black Friday 2020

I don't really have any choice. I am honest and will do nearly ANYTHING to avoid returning to automotive (my only other skill/trade).
  6. J

Black Friday 2020

I think I mentioned it earlier, but to reiterate: we will not be doing any Mr. Black Friday specials this year. In years past, it has been a way for say thanks for a killer year and offer HEAVY discounts. Of course, some people will take advantage of a good thing, but this year, the corporation...
  7. J

Who will refuse to watch "The Pedal Movie" on principle alone?

Erry body got something to say, nobody got time/resources/drive to do it. I just do not understand resistance. Don't like it? Do it better. :) Its worked for me in my life.
  8. J

Black Friday 2020

As of March 20, 2020, my goal was simple: do not go out of business this year. I think that is reasonable, but also somewhat challenging. To compound the scene: I don't beleive things will magically change January 1, 2021. :(
  9. J

New Voodoo from Mr. Black

I don't see any competition with this pedal.
  10. J

I just hope my hair looks as good as I intended it to.
  11. J

That dude that always sent me to detention!! What a jerk.
  12. J

Divorcing... New bedroom setup.

Jeez Holmes. Sorry to hear the news. That hurts.
  13. J

Do gain pedals increase guitar signal voltage?

I have tried to read the initial question and subsequent replies three times and I am super confused, which makes me wonder if there is just a breakdown in verbiage/communication? (Or maybe I'm dum) Is the original question asking whether or not pedals/circuits/processors increase the output...
  14. J

The "pedal guts pics" thread. Volume II

I'll play! Here's the guts of a short run of chorus pedals from earlier this year.
  15. J

T.C. Electronics Stereo Chorus + Pitch Modulator & Flanger

Those pedals are cool and sound good! If you don't need the cash right now, I suggest you keep it. :) Those are super cool.
  16. J

Black Friday 2020

Touche, although I prefer tushie.
  17. J

Black Friday 2020

Exactly. There will be no specials.
  18. J

Are all 3PDT Foot Switches the same size?

"Ish" is the best reply I can offer. Most commercially available 3PDT "guitar pedal foot switches" are about the same dimensions. Many are rated at approx. 20k cycles. Some can last longer. It took some time to find a reliable and solid vendor, but I can say: we rarely see faults, and when we...
  19. J

MXR Micro Flanger ic chips?

I thought MXR used the Belling variant? Maybe it changes from model to model / run to run based on price and availability?
  20. J

Question about Alexander pedals

I believe it varies from unit to unit. Not sure why it matters if they sound good?
  21. J

Me old Maxon OD-820: love again!

I've never played the DS-830. It is great? I would expect so... One of my all time favorite pedals is my AD-999 Pro (I couldn't care less about the 3/8, 4/8, and 5/8 toggles, and never use them), but as a simple and easy to use analog delay, the AD-999 Pro just does it for me and beyond...
  22. J

Me old Maxon OD-820: love again!

Years ago, I bought a Maxon OD-820 "Over Drive Pro" or maybe it is "OverDrivePro" Regardless, I ended up trading it off to cinch a trade for one of my most prized guitars: a Korean made Ibanez IC-400 Iceman. Ever since a wild Dystopia show at Gilman in '98 or '99, I had always wanted an Iceman...