Search results

1. D

Little Feat appreciation

That was WLIR. I grew up about 10 miles from there. Sam Ash and Gracin's were within a couple of blocks of WLIR.
  2. D

David Peel "Who Killed Brian Jones" is magnificent

i met (and smoked with) david at washington square park in the 80's. very interesting guy
  3. D

NAMM 2022, Anaheim June 3-5: Where are the Big Name Companies?

i don't think it will be a bust, i just think it is going in a new direction and might take a couple of years to take hold
  4. D

Any ideas for me promoting myself at NAMM and more…

from what i've been told by my friends that have attended the last few years (i haven't gone since 2016), it seems that the whole landscape is changing. a lot of manufacturers (large and small) are opting out of namm, while there is a trend for individuals to rent booths to promote their...
  5. D

Grateful Dead | One From The Vault (8/13/1975)

pretty sure it was tiger http://deadessays.blogspot.com/2019/08/jerry-garcia-instrument-history-guest.html
  6. D

How Many Times Did You See The Grateful Dead?

about a dozen times between 86-93
  7. D

I like Big Wreck... Ian Thornley is a amazing singer and guitarist

i would LOVE to see steve gorman play with big wreck.
  8. D

I like Big Wreck... Ian Thornley is a amazing singer and guitarist

wow. they sound really tight. that jam at the end of ghosts was insane, even for ian. i digress was also amazing. can't wait for them to come back to the states.
  9. D

Anyone from NYC remember the Good Rats?

still a huge fan. still listen to them regularly too. the marchello brothers went to my high school (so did dee snyder). they were sooooo underrated. check out spotify, they have a disc of rats rarities and un-released stuff.
  10. D

Favorite Non Gibson Semi Hollows

Early Baker B1H
  11. D

Michael Lee Firkins

i remeber that first album coming out and picking it up on a magazine review reccomendation. he played with pat travers on a couple of songs. Michael Lee Firkins - Lead guitar solo on "Just Got Paid" and harmony solo, intro solo, first verse lead fills, and lead solo after first verse on...
  12. D

jason and the scorchers

if you are a fan of warner, you should check out his stuff with dan baird. dan is a true american treasure.
  13. D

Good online dealers for PRS, Tom Anderson, Suhr, Jackson USA

matt's music in weymouth mass
  14. D

Albert Lee

i met him and chatted briefly and i got the impression he was a very humble guy. super nice.
  15. D

The story of my first Grateful Dead show - Roosevelt Stadium, August 6, 1974

that was a great story and brought back a flood of memories from my dead shows. most times, the experiences of getting to the shows are more memorable that the show itself. thanks and well written. btw, i grew up in baldwin.
  16. D

Trigger Hippy WOW!

i caught them when they toured the release of the first album. it was a great show and the first time i'd heard of tom bucovac. i still listen to most of that album in heavy rotation. that band had an amazing musical chemistry. there are quite a few shows from that first tour available for...
  17. D

Jerry Envelope Filter & good Leslie in Multi Effect?

the mxr auto-q is also very good.
  18. D

the filter is really good. probably the best of any multi-effects unit i've tried.
  19. D

the boss ms-3 will do multiple effects
  20. D

TC ELECTRONIC G-SYSTEM giving me a blank display, please help.

don't bother tyring to reach out to tc directly. i had 3 different tc pedals have issues, and the company's support was non-responsive on all 3 (at different times)
  21. D

Ian Thornley Lesson & Interview

he seems like he is salt of the earth.
Top Bottom