• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. G

Mustang questions

Friend of mine picked up a used Mustang II v1 it has a fizz. Went to Fuse software program and set the noise gate to high or super on everything. It seem to solve everything. Most of the hum went away especially on the clean settings. Unplugged the usb cable and the fizz came back. Any ideas.
  2. G

Marshall Cab

Does anyone on here have any Marshall 1x15 cabs such as the 7015, 1938, or 1550. How does each really compare to each other. What speakers are in each?
  3. G

Duncan P-Rails Are they any good?

I was wondering how many of you have tried Duncan P-Rails. How good is the p-90 sound compared to most p-90's, single coils to single. I do not think I would like the Humbucker tone as much since it is 12.87KOhm and 18.8 for the bridge. But it does look interesting for on the fly options.
  4. G

Help My Vox Tonelab Pedal is limp

I was needing some advice on how to go about fixing my Vox Tonelab LE. My expression pedal falls forward. I have readjusted the expression and reset the factory setttings. Any others had this problem out of the LE or the other tonelab pedals.
  5. G

Victoria owners help 5112 compared to the 518

I was on the look out for a portable amp, nice sound something that I can turn up to get a rootsy slightly overdriven sound to. What are your experience with each since I will not be able to play either one. How do they compare to other tweeds. Closest I had come was with my friends 58 or 59...
  6. G

Orange Schooling

Would you mind schooling me where Orange tubes amps are made and the quality level with each series and the good and bads of each. Thanks
  7. G

Opinions on Jensen C12N

What are some opinions of Jensen ceramic speakers compared to the others. Celestions, Eminence, Etc. I like their Alnicos a lot; swear by them. I just do not have any experience with the ceramic.
  8. G

Help I am in an EL84 rut

Looking for amp suggestions since I keep going to EL84 amps for some reason. I have 2 Mesa's(insert snikering here) and a Vox. I recently got rid of Mesa Maverick because of UPS basically destroying it cab and electronics and it having to being rebuilt. I just did not like it being here to...
  9. G

Thoughts and opinions on Izzy vs Slash

Just got done watching VH1 That Metal Show with Slash and they were talking of his solo efforts such as Snakepit. They brought up Izzy and his stuff such as the Ju Ju Hounds. I was wondering who here likes what. I personal like Izzy's stuff than the Snakepit things. I always consider Velvet...
  10. G

Normans Rare Guitars and Auction Hunters

Did anyone catch the episode where Normans bought a '79 strat for 2200(with a cheaper Fender amp) on Auction Hunters. He has it listed for 3495 http://www.normansrareguitars.com/product.php?productid=1512&cat=0&page=10
  11. G

Vox AC4tv Question

I was wondering to those who have a Vox AC4TV. How usable is your tone control or does it remind you more of a presence control(just brings it a bit of brightness).
  12. G

G&L Owners question

Just a quick question to G&L owners. Where does the tension screws in trem go to. I keep losing mine and now needing to order some and is there any other routes than the G&L site and paying $12 shipping. Thanks
  13. G

Band was wanting me to play backup guitar...

I got a call from a friend of my wife's family they were needing a backup guitar player for their band. They play classic rock and country and I said ok and agreed to go to one of their practices last night. The band band members are in their mid 50's and the lead guitarist is the son of one...
  14. G

Anyone else thinking of going Postal instead of UPS

I was wondering if anyone else is thinking of using USPS instead of UPS for shipping. I went with the USPS last Monday to ship a guitar that was going to run over $72 with UPS insured and $65 Fedex; these were both ground methods due to the fact the guitar/case being huge jazz guitar. USPS was...
  15. G

Ebay Buy it now keeps rising

I was going to buy a guitar last night when the buy it now was $800 and the bidding was starting at $700 then the seller went up $100 an hour later and this morning another $100. I wish he would make up his mind...
  16. G

Is this a way to get around Fake Gibsons on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Gold-Top-Repro_W0QQitemZ140358524221QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item20ae051d3d#ht_2666wt_958 I wonder how long this one will last
  17. G

Is This a Fake Gibson Les Paul

I was needing some advice, since I am not a Gibson collector is this one a fake. Guy says he replaced pickups and tuners. Here is the link to the ebay item http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320440029437&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_975
  18. G

Help Me Identify this Guitar

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify a guitar of my friends just recently purchased. It says Tokai on the headstock, which is a 70's style, slap maple finger board. no serial number on the back plate or anyplace else. A couple of place on the neck where someone peeled the...
  19. G

Mesa Rocket 440 Lead Channel Question

Does anyone here have any problems out of their Rocket 440? I love the Rhythm Channel and the fact it gives me almost all the classic rock tones I need. I just cannot seem to get the other channel to agree with me. I had this problem out channel 1 of my Nomad until I took the Mid all the...
  20. G

Ibanez Les Paul

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with the pre-lawsuit 70's era Les Paul copies from Ibanez the pros and the cons of these guitars. Plus if they could tell me what they would be worth.
  21. G

Tokai versus Burny

I was wanting some thoughts froms those who have played both the Tokai and Burny "Les Pauls" that are made in Korea. I was wondering both the positives and negatives of each. Also the how some of the easier ways to spot a Korean Burny besides the 3 screw trussrod cover. Thanks
  22. G

How big of a skam does this seem to you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-G-L-Will-Ray-Signature-Guitar-Silver-Flake-Color_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a4Q7c65Q3a10Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a200QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3351c669d9QQitemZ220415289817QQptZGuitarQQsalenotsupported This is the 3rd Will Ray...
  23. G

ESP Ron Wood

I was wanting some opinions on ESP guitars and particularly the Ron Wood model. I was wondering how well they are built compared to the G&L Bluesboy. Thanks Brad
  24. G

Retail Price of Les Paul Standard

I am having trouble finding the retail MSRP price of a 1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard and Plus. I was needing it to do a comparison of a guitar no longer manufactured. If any of you remember it will help out.
  25. G

Eastman Guitar Opinions/Comments

I was wondering what comments most of you had about Eastman guitars. I was looking around for a nice moderatley priced Jazz guitar when I came across these. Prices looked good for what you got 2,000 to well over 3,000 with little markdown on a carved guitar, solid wood. Then I found out that...