• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. B

recommendation for luthier to modify my Les Paul?

Hi guys- I've got a Les Paul junior that has been a main go-to guitar for years, but the romance is waning. I've got some great ideas for how I want to modify the guitar, but have absolutely no lutherie skills and this guitar is very precious so I don't want to mess her up. Does anyone have any...
  2. B

Amazing absurdly custom Myka electric portuguese guitarra... attach drool cup

Well, there are going to be folks out there for who this does nothing or even makes them gag but for me, this is the ultimate custom creation, ripped straight out of my brain* and brought to life. There's too much to say about working with David Myka on this project to even begin to put into...
  3. B

Besides HOG, will *anything* do the hold/freeze effect?

I have been going nuts trying to find a pedal that will cover the freeze sound from the HOG. It's just about the most useful effect I can think of for my playing, but I don't in any way need the other features (or size) of the HOG. I have a POG and am probably going to go for the POG2, so if...
  4. B

Electric guitar triggering VST instruments: how?

Hey folks- I'd like to set up my guitar to output both magnetic pickup sounds as well as trigger virtual instruments running on a computer. I've always been a guitar->cable->amp purist on electric and only two years ago started using even a distortion pedal... I've graduated to a plethora of...
  5. B

Myka Guitar Tour Documentary by Arizona the band!

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be doing a nationwide tour with my band Arizona and I will have a few Myka guitars with me at various points- my own custom later on in the tour, and David's personal #001 Single Cut. You can check out that guitar here: We'll be doing this as...
  6. B

time to stop messing around: what is the best guitar harmonizer?

Folks, what in your experience is the best product to buy if all I want to do is have the ability to play a lead line and have 2 or 3 tops other voices playing along in intelligent harmony, basically emulating the ...and justice for all style harmony thing. Do I really need to get a rack...
  7. B

What are the more highend/boutique equivolents of the Peavey Classic 50?

My band often doesn't get more than a line/check before ripping into our set, and as such, we have tried to keep our gear set up as brainless as possible... well, our bass player does also play taurus pedals and we both use keyboards w/ a bunch of custom samples, so it's not totally brainless...
  8. B

new to channel switching - what should I check out?

Hey folks - it's been a surprisingly long time since I've messed around with channel switching amps, but my gigging situation is necessitating one. Probably the most cost effective thing is just to find a series one Knucklehead and use a reverb pedal - I had a Knucklehead years ago and it was...
  9. B

In need of a NY area guitar repair miracle worker

Hi folks - so as some of you know, I moved from NYC to North Carolina (asheville) for the last year. I left a bunch of my cool guitars with a friend who didn't really take the world's best care of them. There aren't any deep problems- no cracks or dents or anything having to do with wood, but a...
  10. B

recommend a luthier who could take on this weird project...

Hi folks- I've sent off a few eMails to the luthiers I can think of who might be able to tackle this project, but still haven't found someone who is psyched about taking it on. Basically looking to make an electrified version of this puppy: gotta keep the cittern shape, and "crown" like...
  11. B

Citron Guitars - anyone dig this?

http://www.citron-guitars.com/CF1description.html Check that bad boy out. For some reason it is just spanking my brain right now. I really want to check it out, but I have a feeling these are extremely limited quantity production guitars.
  12. B

oh my god... this PRS is an abomination

http://elderly.com/vintage/items/30U-13399.htm Holy mother of christ, can you believe that PRS actually gave birth to this??
  13. B

Pictures of Marc Culbertson guitars...

With the exception of this instrument I can't find any pictures on the internet of Marc Culbertson's incredible looking guitars. I was wondering if anyone had any other pics they could post. -Ben
  14. B

Show Your Tim Tone!

15. B

My mighty TimTone/Goodsell rig, arena gig report + pics!

Just thought I would share these with you. The tone is everything I want in my guitar sound- warm, clean with grit on tap when I need it, direct, and clear with a lot of character. I now have two first flight rigs that I can use: a Ruokangas/TopHat rig when we're playing locally and we don't...
  16. B

The Unbelievable Ruokangas Duke

Hi all. Some of you may know that I own a one-of-a-kind Ruokangas guitar (a VSOP Supreme named 'Jubilee' for the ornate inlay on the back of the guitar) and used it to record Welcome back Dear Children...
  17. B

Finally! My first album, available on iTunes...

Guys, it would mean a great deal to me if you'd check out some of my band's music at www.myspace.com/arizonatheband and consider giving our album "Welcome Back Dear Children" a shot. You can find it at: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=161962025&s=143441 Don't...
  18. B

let's see some guitars with INSANE wood without INSANE people posting...

<mod edit. Bad form. If you have an issue with a Moderator action, take it to email or take it to Scott>... so let's start it up again and cut the crap? No pics that were posted in the other thread!
  19. B

TopHat Supreme 16 enters Arizona's Backline

Hi all- just wanted to start a thread for the TopHat Sweet 16. I just took delivery of an absolutely beautiful burgandy head and first let me just say this thing looks better in person than it does in the JPEGs that have been floating around- right now I have mine mated with a rediculously fine...
  20. B

My Ruokangas VSOP Jubilee guitar is sitting next to me...

This fall marks 10 years of playing (I started playing in 1995). I've had a lot of loves in my life, but no passion has ever contested music for the most important non-parental influence on my life. Playing music has informed my humanity and continues to shape the way that I live. I've always...
  21. B

I can't keep it a secret any longer...

this is one piece of a very, very special guitar coming my way in the next few weeks... More pictures, and a TON of sound clips on the way.