Search results

1. Gitarman

Coolest SG I've ever seen

Played one of these in a local shop when they first came out and have had desire to own one ever since, the SG-Z:
  2. Gitarman

HNGD... more PRS action!

HNGD! Love the color!
  3. Gitarman

Guitar Came in With Damage

+1 However, the switch is probably one of those standard 3-way jobs where the contacts can get a little bent over time, causing it to ground out when it's supposed to be flipped to one side or the other. Looking @ the pic below, when you flip the switch, the the half-circle shape makes contact...
  4. Gitarman

Worst gig mistake ?

Been there: Forgotten strap, stands, cables, extra strings, tools, etc. Totally blanking on a characteristic guitar part. Starting a song in wrong key or tempo Left something at the venue Forgotten lyrics to songs we've done hundreds of times Hit a stomp button to launch into a searing solo...
  5. Gitarman

Steinberger Spirit owners... regarding your tuning stability

Totally normal. I have a Steinberger Spirit GU-7r and a Hohner G2T; both are great instruments that hold tune very well, but there's just no such thing as a guitar that you "tune it up once and don't tune it again until you change strings."
  6. Gitarman

New guitar with lacquer damage

Looks like something collided with the edge of the fretboard at some point. If the guitar came to you in that condition, I'd say return it. However, it's hard to say whether the damage was there before or after it went into the shop, so that complicates things. If it was a guitar that I had...
  7. Gitarman

FIRST album that actually changed you?

8 years old... heard Rik's solo on the title track and decided then and there that I needed to learn to play the guitar.
  8. Gitarman

Poison (band) 40 years later

Caught the 'Stadium Tour' in Orlando this past Sunday... Poison was probably the most energetic and engaging of the bunch. Musically and visually, I'd definitely give the night to Def Leppard (who sounded amazing), but Poison gave a GREAT show. Joan Jet still sounds great and also put on a...
  9. Gitarman

Which of your guitars stays in tune best (and what kind of tuners does it have)?

For me, it's probably either the kit guitar that I built around '05, but used an original Schaller FR & locking nut that I've had since the 80's OR the CE24 over there << in my avatar.
  10. Gitarman

Post Your Tuxedo Guitar(s)

I've also got one of these in my collection, with a set of Lace Drop N Gain pickups: (*not my pic)
  11. Gitarman

Post Your Tuxedo Guitar(s)

Reverse Tux ftw!
  12. Gitarman

Stickers on guitars

Most of my guitars are personalized in some way, whether merely cosmetic (stickers, etc), for added functionality (pickups, different hardware), or both. My Variax, for example, has a Warmoth baked maple neck, a DiMarzio FRED, a flashy pickguard from Greasy Groove, and a couple of decals.
  13. Gitarman

Stickers on guitars

Is that Surf Cruiser?!?! I haven't seen that since I had a similar decal on my Strat in the 80's, lol! Ironically, my kids are going to Ron Jon's Surf Camp this summer!
  14. Gitarman

Trumpet shredding

Hey, if I ain't peelin' the paint off of the back wall of the venue, am I even playing the trumpet?!?! Don't make me dig out my Schikle or Jet Tone mp! Seriously, though, listen to Wynton Marsalis' recording of Arban's 'Carnival of Venice', the last variation in particular (around the 7:00...
  15. Gitarman

Frist NGD in three years and it's a doozy!

Understand completely. My girl is a singer and pianist who goes nuts when playing a non-weighted keyboard, so she 'gets it'. Aside from quizzing me about my preferences, she actually did a BUNCH of research into wood types, guitar construction, etc. and reached out to several other guitarists...
  16. Gitarman

yeah... That pic was taken in minimal lighting soon after I unboxed it. The Sweetwater pics are of my actual guitar and more accurately represent the color.
  17. Gitarman

Which PRS should I get?

Definitely something with the PRS 25" scale. Since you have several set necks and price is a concern, maybe a CE24?
  18. Gitarman

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I definitely feel like I hit the jackpot with my girl. My world is SO much better with her in it!
  19. Gitarman

Confession time: Through all my years of playing guitar, I’ve only owned one actual Fender, an 80s MIJ Strat that came to me in the early 90s with a suspiciously missing serial number. Call it bad mojo or something, but I never quite bonded with that guitar and ended up giving it away some years...
  20. Gitarman

How Many Stratocasters Do You Own?

It looks like I need to change my answer. My wife, knowing that there was a Strat-shaped hole in my collection, decided to surprise me with a Lincoln Brewster Strat (NGD thread coming soon) a few days shy of my 50th b-day! Shout out to Ed Needler at Sweetwater for tracking this bad boy down...
  21. Gitarman

Which TYPE of guitar have you owned the most of?

AFter ~40 years, I seems to have an abundance of solid-bodied HH guitars, some with fixed bridges and others with tremolos, some set neck/ neck through, others bolt-on, so.... :dunno
  22. Gitarman

How Many Telecasters + Tele types do you own?

2, If you count my First Act Sheena SFA below, the other being a Jay Turser 'deluxe' model :dunno.
  23. Gitarman

What's Your "Do-it-All" Guitar and Why?

The PRS in my avatar is my #1; it plays better than any of my other guitars and can do pretty much whatever I need it to. That being said, my Variax (modded JTV-69) is the true jack-of-all-trades and comes to every gig because it allows me to easily jump to an acoustic sound or change tunings...
  24. Gitarman

Guitars you don’t need for function, but want “just because”

lol.. I actually HAVE one of these, complete with rainbow strings:p:p! It belonged to my daughter, who was into HM at the time. She passed it down to my step-daughter, who has shown a little interest in playing, but is leaning towards the bass atm. As for me, I'm currently jonseing for...
  25. Gitarman

How Many Stratocasters Do You Own?

Despite loving the classic Strat sound and trying them again and again, I've yet to find one that is 'right' for me; and that includes trying out every Fender Strat In Austin that I could get my hands on back in the early-mid 90's! Although I do have a few Strat-derived instruments (Yamaha...
Top Bottom