Search results

1. Shades of Blue

If you wanna fall back in love with a guitar….

Take it outside, put it in the case in the back of a car. Pretend you are opening to sell it and just look at it a minute… That’s all….
  2. Shades of Blue

FS Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2017

Selling a mint condition Les Paul Traditional from 2017 in Iced Tea. I’m the original owner. All stock, but had the pickup covers brushed by a friend. Comes with everything. Pretty sweet guitar. I’m out of town currently, but I can post weight when I return in a few days. It’s around...
  3. Shades of Blue

HXFX, Stomp, or something else to use with amps and IRs.

I currently run a Helix and either a Two Rock Studio Sig or a Marshall SV20 through a Suhr Load Box and IRs with Helix. I want to move away from Helix and go back to pedals, but I still want to be able to run my amps through IRs and into studio monitors. What’s the best way to run an amp...
  4. Shades of Blue

One of those days when nothing sounds good?

Does anyone else just have one of those days when none of your guitars sound good? Electric, acoustic, Strat, LP.....everything just frustrates me today!
  5. Shades of Blue

Interesting Size vs Volume Observations

I've always been a dreadnought guy until recently. I have bought a couple smaller bodied guitars and have noticed that I haven't really suffered from a lack of volume, and what I've gained is comfort and responsiveness. Sure, these smaller guitars sound better when played quietly, but I set up...
  6. Shades of Blue

Martin 00-15m vs 000-15m

I currently have a Taylor AD22e and a 712ce, and I'm loving this small guitar thing so much that I want to add a Martin flavor to the herd. Would a Martin 00-15m or 000-15m be the most logical addition? I think that the Taylor 12/GC body size is closest to the 000, but maybe just a tad...
  7. Shades of Blue

Help choosing a guitar for.....Djent (gasp)

Pardon the humor, but I want to give just a bit of background, and then I'll get into the question. I grew up loving KoRn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones....that kind of stuff. 7 Strings were a part of my youth and really dug that type of music. I've been out of the metal/rock scene for probably 15...
  8. Shades of Blue

This whole tube supply thing has me thinking...

I've been back into amps for a few years now and haven't really used my Helix for much more than a means to use IRs with my amps and a Suhr Reactive load. However, with the tube supply, I realize that I need to minimize the use of my amps, since the load box requires me to crank the amps to get...
  9. Shades of Blue

New "Finger Picker" Day

Picked up a new Taylor 712ce this week. She's a stunner and sounds amazing. I purchased the AD22e a little while ago and it has stirred up a love for Grand Concerts that I didn't know existed. This 712e is responsive, loud, and very brilliant with body. Loving it so far. I think the older I...
  10. Shades of Blue

Do you like this back?

What do you guys think about this back? It’s a Taylor 712ce and I’m thinking about pulling the trigger, but I can’t tell if it’s awesome or strange lol…
  11. Shades of Blue

Monster fingerstyle guitar....is there one???

What's the biggest sounding short scale guitar you've ever played? I've been a fan of big guitars my whole life, but my shoulder is pushing me to smaller guitars. I have a GS Mini, but it isn't the best sounding guitar ever, and the neck is pretty cramped. I've been eyeing a higher end Taylor...
  12. Shades of Blue

Helix to pedals...worth it?

I've been using a Helix for a while now and want to start adding some overdrive pedals to the mix, but I can't stand the space that Helix and pedals take up and the lack of portability. I've considered selling Helix and picking up a Stomp XL, Duelist, and a volume pedal to start. Do you think...
  13. Shades of Blue

Taylor GT or Martin 000-18??

Currently, I own a Taylor 717 Grand Pacific and a Martin D18. Love both, but I want something that is more comfortable to play casually while at home. I am still 95% certain I want a Martin 000-18, but I can't quite dismiss a GS mini or the new GT from Taylor. My daughter has a GS Mini, and...
  14. Shades of Blue

Adirondack best on which Martin?

I am looking to get a 000-18, and I would preferably like an Adirondack top. But, I current have a D18 and got to thinking that maybe I should sell it and get a D18 with an Adirondack top and wait on the 000-18. Which one do you guys think would benefit more from the Adirondack top? I would...
  15. Shades of Blue

Is there a better Martin neck shape???

Over the years, I've learned that I am not a fan of the neck shape that Martin puts on all of their more modern/standard lines. It's really thin and sharp where the sides meet the fingerboard. Do you guys have any recommendations on a different Martin neck shape that is maybe more fat? Or...
  16. Shades of Blue

Anyone "sworn" off boutique amps???

This post is just meant in good fun, but after weeks of playing my Two Rock Studio Sig and my Dr Z Maz 18, I plugged into my Marshall Studio Vintage. Man, nothing brings a smile to my face more than that amp. Funny story as well, I played a Fender Deluxe Reverb and a Princeton in a shop last...
  17. Shades of Blue

Fender Road Worn Vintera....really good!

I just took ownership of my first new guitar in quite some time. It's a Road Worn Vintera Telecaster. I wasn't really even in the market but I noticed this one online as a "B" stock because the gig bag marred up the finish really good on the top and back. You can definitely see it, but it...
  18. Shades of Blue

Need some help with a Les Paul Traditional

Hi everyone, I have a 2017 Les Paul Traditional and I want to try and improve the sound a bit. The great thing is that this is the best playing Les Paul I've owned, pretty light, and it stays in tune. Everything is good except that I think I can improve the sound quite a bit with some mods...
  19. Shades of Blue

If you could take any of Julian Lage’s guitars…..

Which would you take? The Martin 000-18? The Tele? One of his Collings? Or maybe you are a fan of the few videos of him playing the Les Paul with P90s. Don’t choose based on value, just TONE. I am a huge fan and personally think That his 000-18 sound is perfect…but I’m a fan of his Tele too!
  20. Shades of Blue

What's the consensus on Taylor Grand Pacifics???

Full disclosure, I was a HUGE fan boy of the Grand Pacifics when they first came out. I've owned a 717 for several years and it used to be one of my favorite guitars. But, I've just lost interest in it and find that I'm moving back to the Martin feel, sound, and vibe. I've had the Taylor in...
  21. Shades of Blue

Very noisy Maz 18...what gives?

Like the title says, I have a Maz 18 reverb head and 1x12 cab and it is just EXTREMELY noisy. even with the volume down the amp just hisses like an aggravated cat. Love the sound, and I don't hear anything that would lead me to believe a tube is bad, but maybe there is??? Anyone else have a...
  22. Shades of Blue

Thinking about an ES-335 Reissue VOS...

So, I'm thinking about getting an ES-335 Reissue VOS of some variation, but I have a couple questions and thoughts I'd like to get your opinions on. First, I know that I love 335s, and I currently own a 2012 Gibson 335 Dot in Sunburst. I love this guitar, but it does have some serious tuning...
  23. Shades of Blue

Not so sure about cabs anymore...

I've been playing my Two Rock Studio Signature and Dr Z Max 18 through a Suhr Reactive Load for a while now. I run everything through Helix and two 6" studio monitors. No complaints, but I really wanted to run both amps at the same time. I set everything up and ran the Two Rock through the TR...
  24. Shades of Blue

Gretsch...Is a Falcon worth it?

I'm looking into getting a Gretsch. It's between the G5655TG and the Black Falcon Double Cut Player's Edition. What's getting me is the $800 vs $3500 price difference. Is the Falcon THAT much better? I guess what is most important to me is feel and tuning stability. I play mainly praise and...
  25. Shades of Blue

Sold 2021 PRS Silver Sky - Orion Green

Selling my Silver Sky. After 3 attempts, I have come to the realization that I just have a killer Strat that needs no competition. Mint, comes with everything. Purchased brand new a few months ago. Looks great in person. $1975 shipped
Top Bottom