Search results

1. kyolic

Gilmour Reveals the Secret to His Tone - Boss Heavy Metal

You are right. The intro (outro as well I guess) was a Big Muff. He used the HM-2 for the solo: https://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=53 Scroll down and you'll see.
  2. kyolic

dB meter to level presets?

You must use a "Loudness Meter" not a "dB Meter". dB meters do not help anything. As mentioned above, Youlean Loudness Meter will do the job perfectly.
  3. kyolic

Klon in the Axe-FX III now

Omg you Axe FX guys don't have it? We Helix users have it since 2017.
  4. kyolic

IK Multimedia AI Machine Modeling (Profile/Capture in your daw)

Well, all those are essentials for a good profile/capture, but as this one will be a VST, this time audio interface is also included in the equation.
  5. kyolic

Btw, I guess that audio interface used during the process will play a huge role in the quality of the profiles/captures. I don't believe that you will get the same results with a 100 USD interface compared to a 1000 USD interface.
  6. kyolic

Neither Kemper nor Neural DSP is able to produce 100% identical profiles/captures. They don't do a better job than the demos posted in IK Multimedia website.
  7. kyolic

Why does the profile/capture have to be 100% identical? Get two rectos with the same cab, tweak them to the exact same settings, and even they will not sound 100% identical due to the tolerances of the components and stuff.
  8. kyolic

Well, this is really exciting news, however, listening to the clips of the real amps, I am pretty certain that official IK Multimedia profiles (captures, whatever) will be pretty useless. Go here and check the real amp sounds they decided to profile...
  9. kyolic

Helix Litigator = Eargasm (clip inside)

I love this amp.
  10. kyolic

OK, this is the first video that makes me want to dive in Digital Modeling...

Lol, I remember when this video was first posted (my jaw had dropped). It must have contributed to hundreds of Kemper sales. It is a free profile btw. :)
  11. kyolic

Modelers...EVERYWHERE!

One should be mad for carrying a 35 kg tube amp with him to a gig in 2022. Get one of the big four and be done with it. You may have as many tube amps as you like at home or at your studio, that makes perfect sense cos' we all love tube amps. But carrying them to gigs at this point where...
  12. kyolic

Can you describe a Marshall tone?

"Can you describe a Marshall tone?" Yes:
  13. kyolic

Neural Amp Modeler v0.2 (open-sourced amp modeler)

Hi mate welcome to TGP. Any plans for releasing it as a VST so that we non-coder guitarists can enjoy it too?
  14. kyolic

Which Modeler Has the Best Marshall Tones? The Answer is Obvious...Cordy says, Duh!!!

If Cordy says Axe FX has the best Marshall, then it is official now. I guess the senate shall enact it soon.
  15. kyolic

'Nother IR 'Speriment

Helix Ventoux > TH-U Supercabinet (definitely processes the IRs in stereo - also checked with PSP Stereo Analyzer and confirmed that IR was processed in stereo) Although I hate your IRs to date, it seems you cracked the code for the best sounding IR with this one, Jay.
  16. kyolic

It is 2022 and this still has not been solved?!

Very cheap. :)
  17. kyolic

You just read the first post and posted this right? Have a look at the thread. :)
  18. kyolic

Planning to build a custom two HB Warmoth Guitar, so I will be buying two. I would build that custom Warmoth anyway and was searching for pickups. Now I decided which ones to buy.
  19. kyolic

What I mean with coil splitting was changing the pickup from HB to SC with push/pull pots and it is obvious. Do you really think that I care how it is done? And what EMG-89 does is still known as coil splitting (among guitar players), no matter it isn't technically.
  20. kyolic

All I asked was a pickup doing both HB and SC sound perfectly, and I really don't care about the tech behind it. EMG-89 just does it and I am gonna buy one.
Top Bottom