• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. MRCHILL4

Which amp would you get? Dr. Z 30 watt wreck combo or the Friedman runt 50 combo ?

I play rock, blues jazz fusion
  2. MRCHILL4

The Z-Wreck Jr. is Coming!

I’m looking at this amp and a Friedman amp
  3. MRCHILL4

The Z-Wreck Jr. is Coming!

same boat
  4. MRCHILL4

Time For A New Amp

this is my next amp. its goregeous
  5. MRCHILL4

Mesa Mark series amps... what drive pedals have you found work best?

for me over the years; -love pedal kanji, it is virtually a 4th channel all its own. in the crunch channel at half drive with the kanji kicked in, it is the guitar tone from " stay with me " ( faces ) -kot. no explanation needed -boiling point. its just very special -skreddy screw driver is the...
  6. MRCHILL4

AnalogMan King of Tone: Worth the Hype?

Yes. I found the two for me years ago. Kot and an older boiling point. I’ve has many, these two ain’t going anywhere.
  7. MRCHILL4

Analog Chorus Hunt

Have you tried the jam pedals waterfall?
  8. MRCHILL4

For a strat, what is the best 2-point tremolo system?

Any thoughts on the hipshot contour ? I saw a video where the bushings were too big for the screws. Is that true? Otherwise it looks cool.
  9. MRCHILL4

For a strat, what is the best 2-point tremolo system?

I have a Fender American deluxe. I wish Callaham made a bridge for this. He makes everything else except the bridge plate. I sent an email about it last week.
  10. MRCHILL4

KOT landed yesterday

Congrats! I love mine. It is very real, and shines at stage volume.
  11. MRCHILL4

Luthier north jersey

What’s good for Andy is good with me.
  12. MRCHILL4

Guitar string tension changed overnight

Too much back bow ?
  13. MRCHILL4

Hey! In all I turned it a quarter turn. Sight down the neck both directions. For me, I saw that my neck was straight as an arrow. The last owner was not into bending strings. I come from a blues rock upbringing, so I bend. Albert king and Albert Collins are my hero’s. So I bend! Don’t be afraid...
  14. MRCHILL4

Agreed. I recently bought a beautiful sunburst deluxe 2005 strat, I’m apparently the third owner. I made two very small truss rod adjustments ( neck too straight ) over the course of three days, raised the action and intonated it. Each day it has improved. Bends are much easier, vibrato is easy...
  15. MRCHILL4

Locking tuners for Les Paul

Would these fit on a “go” les Paul ?
  16. MRCHILL4

Luthier north jersey

im going with phil. good enough for andy? thats all i need.
  17. MRCHILL4

a tiny truss rod adjustment will do wonders
  18. MRCHILL4

Anti-GAS Tri-fecta Poll: The longest you've gone NOT buying, selling or trading gear?

I pretty much have been away from this site since 2012? I recently bought a strat after not buy since then. I’m really wanting a rocket ride asteroid chorus.
  19. MRCHILL4

Why don’t I like Strats??

I have the trifecta and all are easy to play. Paul Tele Strat ill Take the tele into any situation.
  20. MRCHILL4

How a guitar is stored on a daily basis

Prove it? I can only share my observation over the past 40 years, living at a dozen different locations over my lifetime. Just asking if anyone else noticed it.
  21. MRCHILL4

Mesa Boogie may just be the best amp company around

dedicated mk 3 user here.
  22. MRCHILL4

rocketride asteroid chorus

do these exist anymore? i know the purple chorus is coming out soon.
  23. MRCHILL4

Luthier north jersey

i used andy fuchs for my old mesa, and he endorses phil. thats good with me.
  24. MRCHILL4

My Treble Booster Journey (cont)

anyone have experience with the retroman beano?