• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. zachy

Want to improve piano skills

Hi all, I’ve been a musician for half of my life at this point, mostly guitar and other stringed instruments, but I’ve been wanting to really learn piano, and learn it the correct way. Is there a method or book that is kind of standard for this? My musical interests are varied, any style or...
  2. zachy

COVID-19 Practice Club

I’ve been teaching from home, and have found myself at a bit of a plateau when it comes to practicing, though I have more time for it. My biggest problem is that my interests and goals are too varied, and too broad. I’d really like to figure out a way to hunker down and structure my practice...
  3. zachy

1953 Supro Ozark Case

Bump
  4. zachy

1953 Supro Ozark Case

Hi, I’ve been tasked by my best friend’s mother to find a case for his grandfather’s 1953 Supro Ozark. She says she’d prefer original vintage, but those old cases tended to fall apart, at least from the research I’ve done. So I’ve started looking for any kind of reproduction case I can find that...
  5. zachy

KoT High(er) gain question

My name came up just yesterday, and I had spent the previous 18 months not really thinking about which options I'd like, so I'm trying to decide between higher gain and lower gain red side. I'm leaning lower gain both sides, but still undecided. Not a lot of good demos of them, but thanks for...
  6. zachy

Tube amp problem

I don't wear a watch, and it's not quite a ticking noise, more as if someone were intermittently tapping on the end of a cable.
  7. zachy

Tube amp problem

It's not the cell phone, though that has happened before, I tried it with my phone on the other side of the house. And there's no tremolo circuit on this particular amp.
  8. zachy

Tube amp problem

Thanks for the help! I'm off to a family thing about now, so I'll check it when I get home. After that I'll take it to my tech next weekend for a solid once over, and a set of backup tubes.:beer
  9. zachy

Tube amp problem

I haven't tried swapping any of the tubes, as I don't have any backups right now, and I have no clue with internal arcing means, so I haven't looked into that, either, haha :dunno
  10. zachy

Tube amp problem

Hi, I'm having trouble with my Allen Old Flame. I can play it for about five minutes before I get a strong clicking noise, as if someone were tapping on the end of a cable. It's not a cable or a guitar jack issue, as this doesn't happen with other amps, and does happen with every guitar and...
  11. zachy

The ONLY John Mayer thread on TGP part II.

Anyone else super intrigued by that custom Keeley Comp/Lead boost? And it seems all the speculation about his new PRS controls were correct. Beautiful guitar.
  12. zachy

Notation software or handwritten charts?

Of course, I'm just thinking in terms of keeping everything updated, is it worth investing in software to have cleaner charts?
  13. zachy

New ipad is something I'm saving for, I'll definitely look into that, as well!
  14. zachy

Which do you guys and gals prefer? Which software do you use? I'm looking to get my band more organized come rehearsal time and charts seem to be the best way to do that, just looking for some opinions on more efficient ways to do so.
  15. zachy

Which 2x12 Cabinet?

Wow, thanks for all the info! All I really know, is I like a big clean sound, and I never liked a lot of speaker distortion. I'll definitely check out some of your suggestions, as well as suggestions from other users here!
  16. zachy

Which 2x12 Cabinet?

Ideally I'd like to keep it under 500 for the cab. I'm planning on using this as a clean platform for blues-rock, with a couple drive pedals, and effects, a la John Mayer. Idk if I'd wanna go custom, though, just a standard size 2x12 should do fine. I'm mostly just looking for recommendations...
  17. zachy

Which 2x12 Cabinet?

I just bought a used Allen Old Flame head, my first serious guitar amp, and it rules! So far I've been playing it at veeeery low volumes through a 25 watt 1x12 speaker cab. Does anyone have any recommendations for a 2x12 speaker cab that can handle more power? I'm pretty new to this kinda thing...
  18. zachy

name one record that you honestly think is better than Dark Side Of The Moon

I get that this forum is predominantly blues and rock lovers, but I honestly can't believe that Thriller, or Songs in the Key of Life, haven't been mentioned yet!
  19. zachy

Quick twitch and endurance observation about BB's "butterfly" vibrato

I just did this, and my left hand is my dominant, but I'm more comfortable on guitar righty. I'm even gonna start trying to get that kind of vibrato on bends, as I had never thought about it that way before.
  20. zachy

Incredible John Mayer solo: "Ain't No Sunshine"

It's actually Keith Carlock, on drums.
  21. zachy

Music From the Early-Mid 2000's....thoughts?

And of course, it's also good to get to know what was REALLY going on back then, since I was so young, and influenced by my parents, haha.
  22. zachy

Music From the Early-Mid 2000's....thoughts?

You might think it's dumb, but John Mayer's first two albums were great (I'm 18 now, mind you) Listening to Room For Squares always takes me back to hearing these songs on the radio on long road trips and whatnot.
  23. zachy

Texas Guitarslingers

HAHAH, Kenny was my first guitar teacher, and Michael used to play in a band with him, both great guys, and Chet is my guitar teacher now that Kenny went to college in nashville. In fact, I'm going to a jam this tuesday with Chet :)