• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. TomDev

Lyle Mays R.I.P

Just saw this on FB and double-checked Wikipedia. I'm kind of blown away, as I have been a PMG fan for a long time. Apologies if this has already been posted.... Any Lyle Mays fans out there?
  2. TomDev

When the stars align (NGD LP content)

I was able to sell a couple of guitars and other stuff recently and in the interest of downsizing bought a new instrument. Being mainly a Fender guy for many years, I settled on a used 2001 LP Deluxe 30th Anniversary in Wine Red finish. As I was waiting for it to arrive last week, I had the...
  3. TomDev

Steve Howe's 76' Gibson 'The Les Paul' on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steve-Howes-1976-Gibson-The-Les-Paul-Wine-Red-Used-On-YES-and-ASIA-Recordings/302685022970?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 Apologies if this is already a thread topic. I typically don't feel inclined to drop big bucks on a vintage guitar but...
  4. TomDev

Japan tuner question

Not sure if this is the right place to post this inquiry but I recently purchased a very nice vintage Japanese electric guitar and as is sometimes the case, the tuners are a weak point in an otherwise great instrument. I plan to keep the instrument stock regardless but am wondering if there is...
  5. TomDev

Maple fingerboard on fretless?

Anyone have experience with a maple fingerboard on a fretless bass? Much less common that ebony or rosewood. Just wondering about the sound quality and how that fingerboard material would hold up if one was using round wound strings.
  6. TomDev

Alternatives to H&K Red Box for going direct..

Hi All, I have a tube combo that does not have a direct out for recording and I am thinking about getting something like a H&K Red Box that you can insert between the amp and speaker for recording direct. I would prefer to mic the amp but my living situation does not allow for that at this time...
  7. TomDev

Marshall Lead 12 and Bass 12

Hi- I am relatively new to this forum and had a couple of questions for people who know a lot about Marshall amps. I play bass (mainly) and guitar and was thinking about getting a Lead 12 for home recording use but I've seen Bass 12 combos that look the same. So I am wondering if there is much...
  8. TomDev

Greetings

Hey all, My name is Tom. I currently live in Oklahoma City (for wife's job and grad school) but lived in California for many years. I mainly play bass and some guitar. Very much into jazz and fusion music and previously studied bass with Kai Eckhardt in the Bay Area. More recently studied jazz...