• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. AdmiralB

Sold Line 6 Relay Wireless Systems - G90 and G50

One G90 receiver and transmitter, one G50 receiver and transmitter. Transmitters are identical; I had the G50 as a 'travel rig' device, and racked the G90 for more...'planned' events. The G90 is pretty much minty (current firmware, which is a pain to update), the G50 is very good. The...
  2. AdmiralB

Sold DiMarzio PAF Master set

Double cream under nickel covers. Bridge is F-spaced, which works fine with Gibson (had these in an LP) since DiMarzio's spacings are overall narrower than 'standard'. Leads are uncut, full-length. Functionality is perfect; the covers have some 'patina' that's awfully hard to photograph...
  3. AdmiralB

Sold DiMarzio Breed Bridge Pickup

F-spaced, black, minty with 9" lead. $SOLD
  4. AdmiralB

Sold Seymour Duncan Antiquity P90s

Pair of 'un-aged', i.e. cosmetically new-looking, soapbar format P90s. These have been physically (as opposed to functionally) slightly modified to fit Historic Gibsons; the corners of the baseplates have been trimmed, and the lips that retain the magnets have been lowered so that taller covers...
  5. AdmiralB

Sold Hipshot 6 String US Flat Plate Tremolo

This one, chrome right-handed. Never installed, bought about three years ago for a project that died in infancy. SOLD
  6. AdmiralB

Sold Duncan Pickups - Double Cream buckers

One each SH16 "Custom/59 Hybrid" and SHPG1B Pearly Gates bridge, in the unobtanium double cream. Leads are uncut, over 12" on both. SOLD
  7. AdmiralB

Sold DiMarzio 36th Anniversary pair

Factory nickel covers, zebra underneath (label indicates such - 'BC' - and I verified by removing screws). Bridge is F-spaced, but fits everything (I had these in an SG). They work perfectly, full lead lengths. Covers have some small scratches that refuse to photograph without so much...
  8. AdmiralB

Playing with truncated fingers (Iommi, slight return)

Got an email from an old friend the other day. He'd lost about a half-inch of his left ring finger due to an interaction with a lawn mower. It's healed well, and they put a pad of tissue taken from his palm over the end...but now he's having trouble adjusting to playing. The major complaints...
  9. AdmiralB

Sold Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (2nd gen)

Bought in February, just upgraded to an 18i20. Mint in box with cable, power supply, etc. $195 shipped CONUS.
  10. AdmiralB

Sold Helix Floor

Bought around Thanksgiving, never left the house. Basically NIB, except that the manual implies that it should come with an allen wrench to adjust pedal tension (mine didn't). With box and all the candy, aforementioned wrench excepted. Sold!
  11. AdmiralB

Gibson Vibrola (leaf spring vibrato) questions

I'm having my first experiences with these things. I'm looking at CS Firebirds. I bought a 2016 FBIII last week; really nice guitar aside from needing a little fret TLC under the 6th string, but a major problem was string angle over the bridge. It was a bit like playing a sitar...but the unit...
  12. AdmiralB

Gibson Firebird (original '60s) Question

I recently picked up a 2016 CS '64 Firebird III. I've owned a couple Firebirds - had a mid-'90s in, well, the mid-90s - and I also currently have a 2010. I've never played an original. I noticed a few things about this guitar that seem kind of unusual. The binding is painted over on the...
  13. AdmiralB

Sold Filter 'Tron-cut Pickguard for Vintage Tele

This is a Fender '52RI (bakelite) pickguard, cut for a 'tron-format pickup. I used it in my '50s Vintage Hot Rod with a Magna'tron for a long time, but have gone elsewhere with that guitar and no longer need the guard. Some light surface marks, a couple scratches by the edge of the control...
  14. AdmiralB

Sold Seymour Duncan Phat Cat pair

Nickel covers, uncut leads (overall length about 14", braided shield extends for 10" of that), work perfectly. Bridge unit is essentially pristine, neck has a few small marks on the cover that you've got to look for to notice. In original boxes with supplied rings, SOLD.
  15. AdmiralB

Sold Mesa-spec UK T4416B Celestion V30s

Pair of 2009 (22 December, if I'm correctly interpreting the date codes) UK production 16-ohm Vintage 30s from a Rectifier 2x12. Perfect condition, both cosmetically and operationally. SOLD Dam, it costs a lot to ship stuff anymore.
  16. AdmiralB

Sold Mesa-spec Celestion V30 pair, for Mesa Celestion C90s

Pair of recent (2012, if I'm correctly interpreting the date codes) 16-ohm Vintage 30s (UK) from a Rectifier 2x12. As new, not even broken in; would like to trade for a pair of 16-ohm Mesa C90s. SOLD!
  17. AdmiralB

Sold Pickups - Duncan 78, DiMarzio Breed, Gibson 490/498

Trembucker "78" (née "Evenly Voiced Harmonics"). No issues, some pick marking on the bobbin tops. Uncut single-conductor lead, works perfectly, mounting holes are unmolested. $SOLD. DiMarzio Breed set, F-spaced bridge. Nearly mint cosmetics, 9" lead on both. No issues. Neck SOLD...
  18. AdmiralB

Sold DiMarzio AT-1, F-spaced

With original box (not pictured, however) and screw/spring pack. Full-length leads, works perfectly, cosmetically mint. $55 shipped CONUS.
  19. AdmiralB

Trimming fingerboards

So now that I have a fingerboard, and a neck sans board, what are the possibilities in terms of methods of fitting? My intention is to get it fitted up, then take it back off and fret it 'loose'. Tack-glue the board to the neck and use a bearing router down the sides, trimming the ends by...
  20. AdmiralB

Source for colored inlay material (dots/rod)

I'm looking for dot inlay, or rod stock from which to make same...in hot pink. I can find colored rod stock in acrylic pretty easily, although it's translucent. I can also get acetal rods in colors from industrial supply houses (although I don't know how well acetal works with adhesives), but...
  21. AdmiralB

"J. C. Holmes" Fretwire has arrived...

The frets in the neck are 0.047x0.090, for comparison. As soon as Stew-Mac gets slotted boards back in stock, away we go...
  22. AdmiralB

S-M "Fret Barber" for reducing wire width?

Ray Barbee got me thinking about super-tall wire in a thread in the guitars section, expressing a desire for something like 0.090x0.090 or thereabouts. I see that Allparts has a super-huge wire that's something like 0.102x0.170, plenty tall but almost twice as wide as I'd want. Stew-Mac has...
  23. AdmiralB

Stephen Pearcy and vocal registers

While I suspect that not too many folks would classify Pearcy as a great vocalist, I think he's pretty unique and I can't imagine Ratt songs with anyone else on the mic. What's more interesting to me is...I don't 'get' how he sings. I am in no way any kind of singer, but I can at least hang...
  24. AdmiralB

Aniline dyes and...pressure?

I noticed some marking in the finish on one of my guitars yesterday, manifested as lines from back to top, where it sits in a rack. The first thing that sprang to mind was "it's lacquer reaction with the rack". I looked at other guitars, and found the same on only a few. For that reason, and...
  25. AdmiralB

Guys who do/have done scalloping...

...how do you do it? I've owned a couple YJM Strats. I like the neck, but not enough to overcome the fact that Strats in general are just 'sometimes food' for me. I had a scalloped neck done for a Steinberger GM, but...that didn't turn out too well. I bought a Squier Affinity neck for $25...