• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. D

Help me pick out a gift

My cousin's 45th birthday is coming up. He's a fire department paramedic so does the 24 hour shift thing and has a lot of time at the fire house. When at home, he has a messed up sleep schedule, so playing guitar when his wife is asleep has marital implications. He's also an adamant tech...
  2. D

Anyone know how to acquire Helix Backpack padding?

We had a sewage backup with the heavy rains in the Chicago area last weekend. My Helix was safely atop my desk (so thankful!) but the backpack was sitting on the ground and got pretty well soaked through the bottom and up the sides. I'm hoping I can get it properly cleaned, but I'm not sure...
  3. D

[HELIX] - Noise with using Power Station for recording/re-amping

Hey everyone. I'm hoping you will be able to help me, as this is about as good as it gets for all things Helix. Use case: I want to be able to track a DI guitar track AND track my amp simultaneously. The gear in question: 2010 iMac running Logic X Helix Floor Fryette Power Station PS-2...
  4. D

QSC K10.2 - Issue with Limiter

So, I had K8.2 and returned it in for a K10.2 due to triggering the limiter so much and am still having this issue... SO... Background: I bought the FRFR for the following reasons: I want to be able to tailor a tone at home with headphones that can directly transfer to rehearsals. It has...
  5. D

Fender Fortis F-12BT - Reviews/Feedback for use with modelers?

I have a Helix Floor. MF is blowing out the Fortis F-12BT at $299 a pop. How does the Fortis compare to the DXR/DBR series from Yamaha, Alto, etc.? I'm interested but not in a hurry to find a FRFR solution for my Helix (for rehearsing and eventually playing out) but don't want to buy...
  6. D

What is this amp? Marshall 1974 2 hole

https://reverb.com/item/4134601-vintage-1974-marshall-mkii-super-lead-100w-2-input-6550 I thought the master volume amps first showed up around 1976. This has a date on the label clearly indicating July of 1974, clearly a 2 hole amp. Looks like a loop was added later, but otherwise looks like...
  7. D

Suhr Rufus with a Wireless

I have been listening to Axis: Bold as Love a LOT lately, particularly Bold As Love. I would love a Fuzz Face, but I really do not want to give up using my wireless unit (Shure GLXD16). I HATE cables!! I've heard that the Suhr Rufus plays well with buffers, as mentioned by Pete Thorn in his...
  8. D

Sold Marshall 1987XL Head

I have a 2000's Marshall 1987XL. It's the 50W nmv 1987 reissue. Retails new for $2100. It's in good (not great) condition. The tolex has some scuffs that I tried to show in the photos. They aren't visible from distance but are from up close. Was serviced by Chicago Amp Works a couple of...
  9. D

AmpliFire Amp and FX Model List?

I've looked all over the place and have seen mention that the AmpliFire manual does not have the definitive amp model list available for the AmpliFire. My question/request: is there a maintained list anywhere? If so, can someone post a list or link? Otherwise, we curate a list and keep it...
  10. D

Sold Fractal Audio AX8 - Brand New

I'm selling or interested in trading the Fractal Audio AX8 that just arrived today. Full disclosure: I got on the waiting list for this the day the list opened fulling intending to buy and keep it. Not really knowing when my name would get called or when things would actually start shipping...
  11. D

Sold Kemper Profiling Rack - New In Box (Unopened)

I have a new in box KPR. I've sold on Rig-Talk, Reverb, Craigslist and eBay with absolutely no negative feedback through any channel, and have bought under my now defunct username on TGP gardenofsound. I will only ship within the continental USA. Sold on reverb then seller backed out. Back...
  12. D

Mills Afterburner or VHT Fatbottom Cabs?

Does anyone have any insight on this? There's a Mills on my local craigslist, and I found a Fatbottom 412 online for $60 more. Both are slant cabs. I do not know the speakers in the slant cab. I use a VHT Pittbull Classic (CLX precursor), with a Mesa Roadster as backup. I'm looking for a...
  13. D

Help steer me towards the right amp

Help me figure out which amp to buy! My styles are wide varying and I play out semi-regularly at decent sized clubs in Chicago. I'm upgrading from a Peavey VTM-60 to a channel switching head. I want at least 2 channels with independent EQ. My current cabinet is a Genz Benz G-Flex 212. I'd...