Search results

1. PierreL

Can you help identifying those tubes ?

Hi guys. I have been trying to get my tube stash in order, but I have some trouble identifying some, they came from differents sources troughout the years and I cannot find any information I had from the sellers. This first one : Its top I can't really even guess what it is. Then a second...
  2. PierreL

NOTD (New old tubes day) Miniwatt, Mazda, RTC…

It's been a strange week riddled with tubes last week. My father in law died just before Christmas (may he rest in peace, he fought a difficult battle). He used to work for French television. The last week-end we were at his former house to clean and throw away some stuff. My wife found this...
  3. PierreL

Cover of DeRobert "I Got Burned" - funk

We did a cover of DeRobert & The Half-Truth with my band while we were in lockdown. It has just been released. I use a cheap (but nice !) Bacchus super Strat for rythm, and my 1982 Greco SA59-120 for the solo, through a cranked 68 Super Reverb into a Two Notes Captor X. I hope you like it.
  4. PierreL

Any love for Lawrence (the band) ?

I have discovered those kids a few years ago, and I find them hugely talented : great songs (you feel the Stevie Wonder influence) , great musicianship, seem to put on a great show, release new stuff regularly. Yet I have almost never seen them mentioned here. Quite often we will see threads...
  5. PierreL

Phil X DynIR cabs for Two Notes hardware

Those have just been released today : two 4x12, one 2x12 (with G12-65s, great !), two 1x8. Can't wait to try them, especially the 2x12 with G12-65s. If they are as good as the BHG cabs, this pack will be a winner. I'm proud of my Two notes boys :)...
  6. PierreL

Robben Ford/Bill Evans band concert

A Robben Ford/Bill Evans concert (with Wolfgang Haffner on drums and Gary Grainger on bass) concert (more fusion than blues then) , streamed this last saturday.
  7. PierreL

Has anyone tried WGS ET10 in a Vibrolux Reverb ?

Just curious… please share your findings if you have.
  8. PierreL

Amp cuts out after few minutes of playing

Hi guys. I have a Fuchs ODS PA100 (100W, 4 x 6L6s). The problem started yesterday : I play for a few minutes (less than 10), the sounds cut out abruptly. I have checked the cables, also changed all the power tubes, but the problem comes back anyway. Any idea where it could come from ? It’s a bit...
  9. PierreL

1965 blackface Fender Deluxe : worth it ?

Hi guys. I have spotted a 1965 BF Deluxe (non reverb) on a French site, seems in good condition in general, has been serviced, but doesn't have the original speaker (it's a Weber now). Now, I would prefer a Deluxe with Reverb, but the prices are getting quite high for those amp, this non Reverb...
  10. PierreL

Bugera 1960 or Marshall SV20H for VH tones ?

I already have a Bugera 1960 Infinium, great amp for quite a low price, does hard rock and VH type tones well, and also it has some really good crunch tones. But... I have just seen a local ad for a decently priced Marshall SV20H, and I wonder if it would nail the same type of tones, with the...
  11. PierreL

Rivera 55-112 : opinions wanted

Hi guys. Someone is proposing a Rivera 55-112 in exchange of one of my guitars that I'm selling. I have never tried this amp, I just knwo Rivera from their rather good reputation. I already have a '82 Vibrolux and '68 Super Reverb, so what can I expect different from this amp ? I have heard some...
  12. PierreL

"Get up and drive that funky soul" almost end of quarantine cover

Finished on Sunday before the end of quarantine in France. It was nice to record like that, a first for us. I learned quite a bit working on it as far as getting a cool tone and trying toput a good performance on (digital) tape. And then making a video out of it.
  13. PierreL

Fuchs Mod Ods Pa-100

Hi all. A quick take of my Fuchs ODS PA-100. Drive channel with mid boost on. The cab is a Two Rock 2x12 with Celestion G12-65 and Eminence RWB. Guitar is a Tokai Goldstar Strat from 1984 (?), fitted with Lollar Blonde pickups, bridge pickup here. Recorded with a Zoom Q2N. Backing track courtesy...
  14. PierreL

Bill Withers tribute : Sting and Robben Ford playing Ain’t no Sunshine

An oldie obviously, still a nice tribute to Withers.
  15. PierreL

A bit of talent on the same stage ... Smith, Timmons, Lettieri...

Stumbled onto this in my Yt feed, happened fairly recently at a Mark Lettieri gig, as he was joined by Andy Timmons and Josh Smith. Some nice moments.
  16. PierreL

Cool Robben Ford jam.. Vulfpeck related

Nice song from Scary Pockets and Theo Katzman from Vulfpeck, famous Larry Goldings on B3, with solos from Robben Ford. Cool vibes.
  17. PierreL

Fane Classic 12/150C info

Hi all. I got this speaker some time ago in a 2x12 Two Rock cab. I can't find any info about it on Internet : when were they made, technical specs, are they sought after , price level etc... Here's the beast : Any help would be appreciated.
  18. PierreL

Blonde Lollars Strat pickups for funk ?

Hi all. I have this really nice Tokai Strat from 1983 which I love...except the pickups, which are average. I have found a set of Blonde Lollars for a good price, but I wonder if they would fit for funk, as it's my primary style, I'm thinking about the middle + neck position specifically. I have...
  19. PierreL

Ngd ! 1982 Greco Sa1200 Super Real

Just in today... I have sold my 1978 SA700 to get this one, it's a beauty. Had its neck broken and repaired, flawlessy imo, hence a rather interesting price... Fitted with with Dry 1982 pickups. Under fire tonight for its first rehearsal. First unplugged test let me think that this is a winner.
  20. PierreL

Awesome playing by Josh Smith on Sultans of Swing...

Josh killing it...as usual. He really gets the vibe for his solo. All guys involved play great, Martin Miller of course, the drummer is really good too. A cool watch.
  21. PierreL

Supro Jupiter or 1980 Fender Vibrolux ?

I'm looking to replace my Fender Deluxe Reverb Custom 68, which has served me well but is a bit underpowered sometimes (for instance when I play with a big band). So I have been looking at more powerful amps for replacement (second hand, that's important for the budget I have...), and I have...
  22. PierreL

Neo Soul/R&B guitar

I hadn't realised it was that popular. I knew Isaiah Sharkey, great player, and also Tom Misch. There's a lot more actually. Some cool sounds in there :
  23. PierreL

Mixing class A tubes converters with 6L6s in a 100W amp ?

I have been toying around with the idea of mixing two class A converters, like TAD Class A converters ( https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?products_id=5235&url_node_name=TAD_Equipment_TAD_Class_A_Converter&selected_slave_id=669&language=en ) with two 6L6s in my 100W Fuchs, to lower...
  24. PierreL

My relic'ed Burny MIJ Les Paul... NRGD !

Last year I stumbled on an ad on Facebook for a cheap Burny Les Paul, seemingly an early 80's model. Turned out after some research that it was a 1983 RLG-50. So I bought it, changed the pickups to some Suhr Thornbuckers, had it set up, and well that was a great guitar. But even after some time...
  25. PierreL

Tom McGuire and the Brassholes... great funk band

Dig their groove : On repeat play in my car, at home, at work... everywhere.
Top Bottom