• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. N

Sold Two Rock for a guitar

cross-posting my ad--i have a Two Rock Custom Reverb signature v2 I'd be will to trade for a guitar. Mostly interested in a strat style, Tyler, Danocaster, etc. Vintage gear. Gretsch malcolm young model. Sale price $4500...
  2. N

Sold Nash T-63 tele in sonic blue

This is a great sounding and playing tele weighing in at 7.9 lbs on my bathroom scale. Medium aging by Nash, guitar is in excellent shape. Medium C shape neck, very comfortable to play. Lollar pups, fits like and old shoe. Price is 1300 shipped and pp'd. Firm on price. Sorry no trades...
  3. N

Sold Anderson drop top (deal pending)

Up for sale (or trade) is an outstanding guitar, a beautiful Tom Anderson Hollow drop top from 2008. The guitar is in players condition aesthetically, but as far as playability, electronics, frets, etc. it's in excellent shape, no breaks, and plays like buddah. The guitar picked up it's...
  4. N

Sold Mesa Boogie JP-2C Limited in new condition (SOLD)

Mesa Boogie JP-2C Limited edition head. IMHO this is one of the best amps Mesa ever made, it's a 3-channel tone monster. Channel 1 is typical Mesa glorious cleans, channel 2 is Dream Theater rock all the way, and channel 3 is John Petrucci melt your face off lead guitar. Extremely versatile...
  5. N

What type of finish on Anderson guitars?

Does anybody know what type of finish is on TA guitars? I was going to use a lacquer stick to cover up a couple dings but can't figure out what type of finish it is from the description on his website. Based on the description and his history with Bob Taylor I'm guessing it's something similar...
  6. N

Sold Axe FX mark II

Excellent condition mark II for sale with all the latest firmware updates. It has spent it's entire life in the rack in my basement. This is a great unit. $1200 + shipping, I'll cover PP fees. Trades: will consider Suhr, Anderson, Tyler, or other high quality guitars. I can include +/- cash or...
  7. N

Sold Komet K19

Up for grabs is one of the best sounding amps I've ever heard. It breaks my heart to do this but I'll have another one some day. The ONLY amp I'd be willing to take in a trade is a Mesa Boogie JP2C. I need the flexibility of the Mesa for my bands IEM's and the Mesa will play much better with...
  8. N

Sold Suhr Badger 30 and 2x12 cab (PICS ADDED)

Up for sale is an excellent condition Suhr Badger 30 amp with a custom (not Suhr) 2x12 cab made by Customize Your Sound. This amp has the best built in power-scaling I've heard. The cab has two Vintage 30's and sounds amazing with the amp. Looking to sell for $1600 ppd/shipped. Will sell...
  9. N

Anderson 5-way switch. Help

I just picked up a used Tom Anderson hollow drop top, great sounding and playing guitar. Can somebody tell me how the 5 way switch works with 2 humbuckers? I also have a push/pull pot on the tone knob, but it only seems to make a difference when the switch is in the middle position. Any help...
  10. N

Testing for a bad cap or pot?

I just replaced the electronics in my R8 and switched to vintage 50s wiring. After finishing the job, I tested the guitar and found the tone control on the bridge pickup doesn't do anything. Is there a way to test for a bad cap without removing and isolating it? Same question for the pot, can...
  11. N

Sold 2015 Fender American Telecaster

Up for sale or trade is my 2015 Fender tele, made in America, excellent condition, rosewood board, N3 pickups, locking tuners, original hardshell case and case candy. I'm open to any trades, +/- cash, sale price is SOLD. Trades???? shoot me a message with what you have.
  12. N

Question for Drummers...

I'm looking to buy an electronic drum set for my son for his birthday and am hoping to get an opinion on two sets. Being a guitar player I'm not sure what to look for and what's important in my price range. I'm looking at a roland td-11k and a yamaha dtx522k. Both are $999 and seem to have...
  13. N

Practice area setup...

I'm curious what you all do as far as setup for band practice. The two main choices are setting up in an approximate circle facing each other (which I think is best for practice where we can all see each other), or setting up like we would in a live situation all facing the same direction so we...
  14. N

Anybody play Hotel California live?

Our band is trying to work this into the rotation but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to pull this off live. I have an Axe FX 2 I use for the song, and I have no problems playing any of the parts individually, it's the intro and verses I can't decide on. I'm trying to figure out...
  15. N

How similar can a song be before there's copyright issues?

I've done some searching and couldn't find the specific answer. My questions is, how close does a song need to be to another before there's copyright infringement? In my situation, the lyrics and melody are totally different/new (and the music also), but there's only so many chord...
  16. N

Why's Joe Walsh always switching guitars?

I've seen Joe Walsh play Rocky Mountain Way in three different decades probably a total of 50+ times live, and every single time he has a guitar tech bring out another guitar for the talk box solo, then he switches back to his other guitar for the rest. I understand he has his main guitar tuned...
  17. N

Honeymoon still going with Axe-fx II

I've had my af2 for a few weeks now and I'm still floored at how good it sounds. I'm always skeptical of hype but this time it was the truth. For comparison I also have a Komet19, Komet Concorde, and Dr. Z EZG-50. I have the af2 running through a Matrix 1000fx into a couple different cabs...
  18. N

Need advice: W/D rig

I really want to setup a nice wet/dry rig but am unsure of the best way to go about it given the gear I have. Listed below are the main parts. I'm willing to spend money to get it to working correctly, my only requirement is that I keep a Komet head in the setup. I love my Komets and wouldn't...
  19. N

Etiquette about posting gut shots?

What's the etiquette on posting gut shots of an amp? I took mine apart to replace a cap and was amazed at what a work of art it is. I'd like to post some pics and figured you guys would enjoy, however I don't want to cross a line if the pic shows some proprietary info. What do you guys think?
  20. N

Band rules...

So I was reading another post and somebody mentioned outrageous band rules. I thought it would be fun if we all list some of the crazy band rules we've had over the years. I'll start: 1. No sleeping with the singers wife 2. No open beer sitting on the amp head
  21. N

Komet 19 still amazing...

Ok, so I've had my Komet 19 for around 6 months and the honeymoon should definitely be over, but man this amp just brings it every time no matter what. This is one of those amps you need to put on your list and try if you haven't already. There are minimal controls, however I can get more...
  22. N

Need amp tech in Dayton...

Anybody have a recommendation for a good amp tech in the Dayton/Columbus/Cincinnati area? I have a few small mods I'd like done on my Komet Concorde and don't want to put it in the hands of an amateur. Please let em know if you've had any first hand experience with a good tech in this area...
  23. N

How much voicing occurs in the power section of an amp?

So, I was wondering about using the effects return on a head to run the wet signal in a stereo setup. Is there much difference in amps once the signal hits the power section (assuming they both use the same type of tubes)? I have a couple heads with EL34's and was wondering if there's even a...
  24. N

Price check... English Greenbacks?

Hi all, I have a 4x12 cab that just isn't getting any play time thanks to my aching back. The 1x12 and 2x12 is just so much easier to move. So, my question: What's the value of 4 Celestion Greenbacks (all UK made from Ipswitch)? I'm thinking of selling the speakers individually since they...
  25. N

What amp for wet/dry rig?

I'm just curious what power amps you guys like for a wet/dry rig? I'd prefer something that can sit on top of a cab verses a rack mount amp. Any suggestions? If it matters I'll be pairing it with a Komet or Dr Z. Thanks!