• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Zounds Perspex

Your Favorite Tape Echo Simulation Pedal

For what you're talking about, the Belle Epoch is perfect, especially at 18v. It's the preamp part of a tape echo that's gonna help put you in the EVH range.
  2. Zounds Perspex

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

Matt at Blackstrap makes awesome boosters and fuzz!
  3. Zounds Perspex

Keeping it way simple. Wilson Freaker wah and a bitchin’ Blackstrap Electrik Rangemaster, and you know the rest.
  4. Zounds Perspex

What is your favorite boost pedal?

Treble boost/Rangemaster is so its own thing that it's weird to put here, but I sure love both my Beano boost and my Blackstrap Electrik RM boosts. EQD Plumes is excellent and, for the money, maybe unbeatable. Works with lots and lots of amps, and well as a proper overdrive too. but lately...
  5. Zounds Perspex

So I'm a RAT guy....

i've tried a bunch, it's the ARC Soothsayer that's stayed.
  6. Zounds Perspex

thanks! Ive always loved a SuperFuzz, and have tried many, MANY versions of the circuit, and the Basic version is a big winner. The little tweaks are super useful.
  7. Zounds Perspex

this board is for bringing the heavy. Wah is a Wilson Freaker, everything else should be pretty obvious. If I’m not using the Superplex, the flanger comes off and a Beano Boost goes on, but the boost on the Superplex comes pretty damn close.
  8. Zounds Perspex

Always on reverb?

Not always, but if a room sounds *really* dead, I'll just kick on the Catalinbread Talisman and leave it on.
  9. Zounds Perspex

Metropoulos Supa-Boost!!

Just got one of the new run...sounds awesome with my Superplex (when I don't want to bring the bigass footswitch for the amp's boost) and Germino 2204. side note - if you play heavier rock styles and your bass player uses an SVT or similar tube amp, the Supaboost is KILLER for bass as well.
  10. Zounds Perspex

Treble Boosters: All Highz On Me

When I discovered treble boosters several years ago, that was the end of drive pedals for me. I've owned roughly a zillion of them, but lately I've favored one from Blackstrap Electrik with an OC139 that is absolutely tops. Still love my old Red Rooster too.
  11. Zounds Perspex

Is there a fuzz that works with :

Came here to say treble booster. Not a fuzz, obviously, but does at least one thing people use fuzzes for - to jump out in a mix. Also, while it’s not everyone’s favorite flavor, a Superfuzz sounds like a Superfuzz with basically any pickup and amp set anywhere from clean to filthy.
  12. Zounds Perspex

2020 TGP favorite delay pedals

I'm another one of those dudes who basically only uses slapback. Tried quite a few - DM-2 and AquaPuss are great slapback machines- but right now the Belle Epoch is perfect to my ears.
  13. Zounds Perspex

Anyone else not like Wah pedals?

I've moved away from using wahs, but a cocked wah pedal stays on my board. It's such a great sound.
  14. Zounds Perspex

Going to try a Rat clone

Even though you've already grabbed one, as someone mentioned, the Earthquaker SUNN "Life" pedal just rules. Expensive, but took the place of *three* pedals on my board.
  15. Zounds Perspex

Recommend a Fuzz-War-like pedal

check out the Earthquaker Eruptor, Wren & Cuff White Elk, JHS Cheese Ball....
  16. Zounds Perspex

The last fuzz pedal I played was in the 80’s

what guitars/amps will you be using it with, and what sounds do you want to achieve? Your whole signal chain matters a LOT with fuzz.
  17. Zounds Perspex

What are my Tone Bender mk1 options?

MKI's are the best. Lots of great builders, but let me give Matt at Blackstrap Electrik another shout. Not sure about any of these other builders, but he for sure is easily reachable via Instagram (and I'm guessing his site) and will work with you to give you the sort of Bender you want. Asks...
  18. Zounds Perspex

Strictly FUZZ

I can see that - I just mean McLaughlin's playing is almost never *wild*. My tastes run to the reckless. ;)
  19. Zounds Perspex

Strictly FUZZ

maybe when most guitarists think of Eddie Hazel, they think of the lyrical playing on "Maggot Brain." I think of this one from the other side of the record. Munehiro Narita - still killin' with Psychedelic Speed Freaks, too. John McLaughlin usually plays straighter than is really my thing...
  20. Zounds Perspex

Strictly FUZZ

Mick Ronson the god. Cocked wah & MKI Bender forever. As already mentioned, Ron Asheton's Superfuzz abuse and most disgusting wah combination. uh...Randy Holden. Phil Manzanera is crazy on this. Africa? Africa. (mainly thanks to Robert Wyatt's drums.) btw, what say you, fuzz nerds? is...
  21. Zounds Perspex

What pedals have you bought in 2020?

Some of you dudes have gone *in*. Get it! So far for me it's a Wilson Freaker wah, an Earthquaker Levitation, and a D*A*M/Sola Sound MKII TB.
  22. Zounds Perspex

If You Could Only Have 3 Drive Type Pedals?

Using either a Metropoulos Superplex or a Tungsten Buckwheat, both already cranked up a good bit, it's a treble booster, a good fuzz (either a MKI Tone Bender or a Superfuzz, usually), and then a tweakable full range boost. Specifically, that's a Blackstrap Electrik Rangemaster, a BE "Ronson In...
  23. Zounds Perspex

Strictly FUZZ

D*A*M/Sola Sound MKII arrives tomorrow! The collection growssssss.
  24. Zounds Perspex

Wah Freaks - Favorite Wah That Doesn't SUCK Tone?

Teese RMC Picture Wah, but this is super dependent on what you want to do with the wah, your pickups, etc.
  25. Zounds Perspex

Strictly FUZZ

Great stuff - the Sublime Frequencies and Sahel Sounds is outstanding. Sublime Freqs have a lot of great records of field recording stuff as well - more traditional. Analog Africa and Awesome Tapes From Africa have also released a lot of great stuff the past decade, and Strut and Soundway...