• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. iggs

Mesa Mark V Intermittent Issue

Please do, thanks!
  2. iggs

The tech mentioned he did the “hammer test” and there was no change. I tried moving the amp around and tapping it with hands but could not reproduce the issue. I also wiggled power and standby switches but again nothing. It acts up almost every time I turn it on, but sometimes it flickers right...
  3. iggs

Right ... the tech I took the amp to said diodes were fine. I may take it to another place and have them look it over once more.
  4. iggs

Ok, what should I expect that to do and if it fixes the problem, what was the issue?
  5. iggs

If by pedalboard you mean footswitch then yes, tried with and without, no difference.
  6. iggs

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has experienced an issue like this before and can offer some insight on what could be the problem. The amp was bought new 5yrs ago and has been working perfectly until about a year or so ago when it developed an intermittent power issue. It will randomly...
  7. iggs

Attenuator for 50w Plexi (SL67).

Similar here ... at home, I set my SL67 to low power, master 1/4 up, volume around 4~6 on the dial and then I hit the amp with Koko Boost for some extra crunch (or use a fuzz, dist or OD pedal if I want more "gain"). I find that doing so, I get a much better feel and sound for lower volumes than...
  8. iggs

Attenuator for 50w Plexi (SL67).

Using the master volume on the back ... :rotflmao
  9. iggs

Mesa triple rec or Rivera K-tre ?

Hhhmmm ... that's odd, I don't own but often play JCM 2000 as that's what they have available at the studio where we rehearse. My main sound is always a crunchy amp boosted with a pedal of sorts and JCM 2000 sounds awesome. Probably my favourite out of all the other amps they have in various...
  10. iggs

Dirty Shirley Twin amp nice

11. iggs

Mesa Graphic EQ question

Mark V: Ch.3 & Ch.2 = always on Ch.1 = always off
  12. iggs

Suhr SL-67 Speaker Issues

This ... I run bass on mine at 2 and no channel jumping. SL-67 has no bright cap so that’s going to affect the overall sound as well.
  13. iggs

Mesa Mark IIC+ vs. Mark III

It removes negative feedback and ends up sounding tighter and crunchier (to my ears) as a result. Has much smoother top end and never gets fizzy even at very high gain settings (unlike Mark IV and IIC+ modes). Also cleans up really, really well on mid-lower gain settings and can go from clean to...
  14. iggs

Mesa Mark IIC+ vs. Mark III

FLAME SUIT ON: Out of all those Mark variants, my favourite tone is my Mark V, Ch.3 Extreme Mode ... :dunno
  15. iggs

What instrument cables are you using with your amplifier?

BTPA.COM High Definition guitar cable with Neutrik connectors. Have been getting cables from these guys for years. Great price and quality and zero difference between them and some other higher priced booteek ones.
  16. iggs

suhr sl 68 not very loud....ppimv an issue?

I have a SL67 and it's the same ... the Master has a really nice gradual taper to it. I'm assuming that's by design. How loud is it full up? Mine is literally shaking the whole house ... LOL
  17. iggs

I think the amp was voiced like that intentionally to be really fat and "vintage" ... guess it works well with single coils. To be fair, I have bass set to "2" on my Suhr SL67. Having said that, DS has much more pre-amp gain then SL67 and at those gain levels the overwhelming bass response...
  18. iggs

DS is the best Friedman amp I played and heard so far ... I owned a BE-100 and sold it. The only thing I don't like is that there's waaaaaaay too much bass for my taste. Even at 0 I feel there's too much. If the current bass at 0 would be more like at 5 it would be perfect for me. If it wasn't...
  19. iggs

Any news on the Friedman "Jake E. Lee" amp?

Ah the livestream ... yeah I saw that. Thanks!
  20. iggs

Unless it's this one ... ;)
  21. iggs

Link if public?
  22. iggs

Single Channel Amp Predicament

Been using this for years and works great: http://www.area51tubeaudiodesigns.com/thebox.html
  23. iggs

Tim Pierce video re: EVH tone with Suhr sl68

:dunno ... my SL67 cranked gets into that early VH tone instantly without any pedals or variacs and that's just into a Bogner 4x12 with V30's. Not that I'm particularly after that sound or that's what I was trying to achieve, but as soon as I cranked it and hit a chord it was the first thing I...
  24. iggs

Friedman BE-100 Deluxe vs Marshall JCM800 - VIDEO

Great vid, thanks for sharing! Maybe in person I would vote differently but in this comparison, JCM-800 does it for me!