Search results

1. marshall2288

AC/DC Has Made One (1) Great Album

High Voltage is my favorite
  2. marshall2288

Pedals you were initially thrilled with, then quickly got sick of?

Bogner Red and OCD share the quickest “love—>hate” time gap for me.
  3. marshall2288

Concert FOH mixing and sound ... what are they thinking?

YES! I have seen them 3 times in 3 different venues and every time it has been fantastic. You could hear every word, every ghost note on the snare, every small inflection and accent on the ride, and the bass and guitar were crystal clear. They did it right.
  4. marshall2288

Do musicians still get groupies?

I’ve been playing in church since I was 14. ….this is a very real thing
  5. marshall2288

Am I crazy or is the Logic Pro Marshall Plexi sim crazy good?

I love the Logic VOX amps. They don't sound anything like a VOX but whatever they do sound like, I like.
  6. marshall2288

I wrote a song but I think I've ripped someone else off

Sounds great. Good 90s vibe. I would slow it down a touch or two but that’s just me.
  7. marshall2288

So, how are the 2015 Gibsons holding up after 7 years?

I acquired one in a trade last year. I tried to love it. I wanted to love it. I sold it.
  8. marshall2288

Copy and Pasting parts

I hate doing it but there’s been a few times where I have nailed a chorus vocally and wasn’t able to reproduce it. I copied and pasted
  9. marshall2288

*YOU* rocking a Tele

I’m a Les Paul guy but the more I play this guitar the more I love it.
  10. marshall2288

What Are Your Favorite Helix Amp Models?

Placator dirty for humbuckers. Mesa Lonestar Ch1 with Minotaur for Tele/Strat. Archetype clean is ridiculously great as well.
  11. marshall2288

Poly Capo :(

I’m a Helix user and I use the Digitech Drop over the Poly Capo 100% of the time. I would bring 2 guitars: 1 main, 1 backup. Keep it in standard tuning and manually drop to D. Use the Drop for all Eb/C# stuff. I get that you’re new to the situation and you don’t wanna talk about tunings but E to...
  12. marshall2288

Anyone here use in ear monitors at band rehearsals, and no other amps or speakers?

Acoustic drums, everyone else is in IEM for rehearsal/practice and gigs. It’s just Busch easier
  13. marshall2288

Opinions RE: Celestion's IRs

I have a ton of IRs from Celestion that I got from a sale a while back. I like other brands WAY more! Out of the Celestions that I got, I do like their Greenback 25 4x12 and Vox.
  14. marshall2288

What kind of case is everyone keeping/transporting their Helix in?

The old oversized random “tactical” backpack I’m using isn’t cutting it anymore for me. It’s only a matter of time before something happens. What are you guys using? Live in case? Helix backpack? Let me know!
  15. marshall2288

Helix: help me get sound of cranked Fender amps

IRs are the cheapest, easiest and most rewarding solution to making the Helix sound better. Just do it.
  16. marshall2288

Studio Monitor Advice

I do mobile drum recordings for the most part (Fiverr ext) but I've also mixed a few dozen songs for other people and have been paid to do it. No complaints from the customers. Like I said, I know my monitors. I might just have a case of some extra $$$ burning a hole in my pocket.
  17. marshall2288

Studio Monitor Advice

I have Sonarworks already. I honestly mix without it most of the time. Reference tracks get me there.
  18. marshall2288

Studio Monitor Advice

I have a 16 ft wide by 20 ft long a little over 7 ft high studio that I have built from the ground up. Sound isolation is really good. I can play drums at 2am with no problem from the neighbors. Inside I know ceiling height is not ideal but I have the room fully treated with GIK products and...
  19. marshall2288

Three Mics Every Home Studio Needs

There you go!
  20. marshall2288

It’s not too broad. It’s just for fun. I’m not asking advice. If you read the original post this was just a “just for fun” conversation between me and a friend. Kind of like “if you could only have 3 guitars for the rest of your life, what would you choose?” It’s meant for fun conversation. Thanks
  21. marshall2288

Do you typically record drums without eq, preferring to adjust during the mix?

Since I record the drum set with the same mics in the same room with the same preamps and usually the same drummer, I just go direct and I have my own saved presets already in Logic to make things easier.
  22. marshall2288

Guys, this is just for fun. Don’t take it so seriously. Budget? Whatever you want it to be. What are you recording? Whatever you want to. What type of room? . Don’t over think it. Just have fun
  23. marshall2288

I was having a fun conversation with a friend the other day and he proposed this question to me. What are three mics every home studio needs? Not type of mics but actual mics. It’s a broad question but I thought it would be cool to see everyone’s answers. I said SM57, SM7b and RODE NTA
  24. marshall2288

waves cla nx

I have the original NX when I was mixing in an untreated office room in my old house. Total garbage. Made my mixes WAY worse. I can’t speak to the Abbey Road or this though.
Top Bottom