Search results

1. petty1818

Tube Questions

Hi All, I am in the process of purchasing some new tubes for my Carr Sportsman as some are acting up and I just had a few questions. First, on the Carr website for this amp, the tube listed for the reverb return and mix is a TAD, 5751 tube. I checked in my amp and there’s an EHX 12AX7. This...
  2. petty1818

Recording a live show (Video & Audio)

With the pandemic still keeping venues closed here in Canada, I figured it would be a good time to learn a bit about live recording before my band returns to stage. I am looking for suggestions on how to best capture a live video/audio recording. In the past, I have captured some very good audio...
  3. petty1818

JHS Double Barrel V4: Thoughts?

Looking for some opinions on the JHS Double Barrel (newest version). I have been interested in the Morning Glory for quite some time and recently became interested in the Moonshine as well. The Double Barrel obviously has both of these. I am just not sure if it's better to just get the...
  4. petty1818

Victory V4 (Copper & Duchess)

I am just wondering if anyone has had the chance to try one of the Victory V4 pedals? I am specifically interested in the V4 Duchess, which is an amp head and the V4 Copper which is the preamp. I have always wanted the V40 and/or VC35, but these are very appealing. I am not sure if it's possible...
  5. petty1818

Ehx Canyon: Analog Dry Through?

I can’t seem to find an answer to this question. I even emailed EHX and never heard back. I am just wondering if the Canyon is analog dry through when in true bypass mode?
  6. petty1818

EHX Canyon: Power supply issues?

I am looking to pick up a Canyon and was just wondering if anyone has experience with powering this pedal with a different power supply than the one EHX ships the pedal with? I have read more than a few reports of people loving the pedal when using the supplied power adapter but then finding the...
  7. petty1818

UAFX Astra or Flint/CE-2W

I am in the process of putting together a smaller board to use with my Iridium and I am having a difficult time deciding between a Flint/CE-2W combo or the new UAFX Astra. I will start by saying that space isn’t an issue, I am just looking for the best option. I am primarily looking at the...
  8. petty1818

Walrus Audio ARP-87: Noise?

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed quite a bit of hiss with the ARP-87? I am not talking about when the effect is engaged, but when it's in the signal path. The pedal just arrived today so I tested it and I honestly thought my amp was having issues (Carr Sportsman). The hiss that the...
  9. petty1818

Iridium: Headrush 112 vs. QSC

I am looking for a speaker to run my Iridium through for home use and on stage as a monitor for the Iridium. I currently own a few different QSC speakers (K12, K10, CP12 & CP8). I see a lot of people using the Headrush 112 with the Iridium and I am just wondering if it would make sense to get...
  10. petty1818

Fender Custom Pro Reverb

I know there are probably some threads on this amp, but has anyone had a chance to try one yet? I wasn't all that interested when it was first announced, but this amp just sounds amazing in every demo I hear of it. My one worry is the noise that these '68 models tend to have. There doesn't seem...
  11. petty1818

Nobels ODR: Regular or Mini?

I know, I know... this topic has probably come up before. However, I am just looking to get opinions from those of you who have used both versions. I like the concept of the mini, especially the true bypass switch, but I have heard that the pedal can be heavy on the bass. The larger version...
  12. petty1818

Compact Delay Pedal Suggestions

I am currently putting together a smaller board (Pedaltrain Mini) and I am trying to narrow down a compact delay pedal. Currently, my board is made up of the following pedals; The Plumes, Boss Dimension C, Walrus Audio Monument V2, TC HOF2 and Strymon Iridium. I just have enough room for a...
  13. petty1818

Xotic Pickups: Thoughts?

I am thinking about upgrading my American Standard strat with a set of Xotic pickups and was just wondering if anyone can provide some first hand experiences with them? They seem to have two choices, the RV50 and RV60. I am leaning more towards the RV60 as it seems to offer a more rounded, full...
  14. petty1818

Carr Sportsman: Is this a tube issue?

I bought a used (2013), but mint condition Carr Sportsman a couple of years ago, which I believe still has the original tubes. I have always found this amp to be quiet (almost no background hiss at all). However, with the headroom control cranked and the volume under halfway, the amp is...
  15. petty1818

Mojotone amp kits: Orders to Canada

I am just wondering if there are any Canadians out there who have recently ordered an amplifier kit from Mojotone? I am about to place my order but I am very worried about duty and brokerage fees. I ordered a Gig Rig QMX8 from the US store a few weeks ago and the order itself came to $500...
  16. petty1818

Marshall Bluesbreaker 1x12 combo: Versaility?

I am planning to purchase one of the Mojotone kits to build and I am considering their 18w, British style, 1x12 combo amp. I am assuming it’s based on a Bluesbreaker. Anyway, I have never owned a Marshall style amp but I am just wondering how versatile these combos are? I know they are known for...
  17. petty1818

Mojotone amp kits: Experiences?

I am thinking of trying one of the Mojotone amp kits and was looking for opinions from those of you who have bought/built one of their kits? How was the experience? Are the parts quality? Anything I should look out for? This will be my first build but I have been looking for a hobby like this to...
  18. petty1818

Revv D20: Thoughts?

I keep coming back to this amp and I am close to pulling the trigger on a purchase. I am just looking for thoughts from those who have tried/own one. How good is this amp? There are tons of Youtube demo guys who absolutely love it. Definitely seems like universal praise in that regard. However...
  19. petty1818

Voodoo Labs PX-8 Plus or GigRig QMX8

Any thoughts on either of these switching systems? I was all set to get the QMX8 due to the size and the fact that it has the flip/flop option to avoid tap dancing but with shipping to Canada, it will be quite the expense. I just recently noticed the VL PX-8 Plus and it looks like a great option...
  20. petty1818

Dual Lock & Loop Velcro

I know, I know another velcro thread! I am just struggling a bit with what to use on my new pedalboard. It's most likely going to be kept the same for a while but I might change pedals out here and there. I have the velcro that came with the Pedaltrain board and I have used it on other boards...
  21. petty1818

Power Supply Advice (Truetone/Strymon)

I figured this time at home would be a good chance to finally put my pedalboard together. I am just looking for some advice on power supplies. The board has about 12 pedals as well as a powered switcher (Gig Rig QMX8). All of the pedals, including the switcher are 9V so nothing crazy. The...
  22. petty1818

Walrus Audio Monument V1 vs. V2

I have the original Monument and absolutely love it. It's definitely become my favorite trem pedal. I am just wondering if anyone has compared the original to the V2 version? I like the V2 footprint so it's tempting to upgrade. However, I read before that someone felt as though the V2 sounded...
  23. petty1818

Rambler, California Tweed or V40D

I currently own a Carr Sportsman and absolutely love it. It's really the perfect amp for me. However, I like having two amps and I am looking for one that has a bit more volume if needed. I am a teacher and often play at school with other teachers. We don't mic the amps on stage and are playing...
  24. petty1818

Carr Sportsman: Settings?

I have been using my Sportsman a lot lately and just love this amp. However, it might be because I am new to Princeton style amps but I am finding that I need to turn up the headroom/volume controls quite a bit in order to get some good volume out of it. If I am at home, I can have the headroom...
  25. petty1818

TC HOF Mini: Default mode

I will 100% admit that I am being a bit lazy here but what's the easiest way to reset the HOF mini back to the default reverb setting? My HOF mini has the high pitched squeal that many people complain about and I have heard that going back to the default setting fixes this. I bought it used so I...
Top Bottom