Search results

1. petty1818

Guitar pedal hot takes, what are yours?

90% of players who buy boutique and expensive pedals and obsess over having the very best, hardly ever play shows or, play in their basement. Not judging by the way, just an observation!
  2. petty1818

New wampler Moxie mini Ts

I have never been interested in Wampler pedals for some reason. Nothing against Brian, just haven’t had the urge. However, the Belle and this new offering are very much interesting me.
  3. petty1818

New wampler Moxie mini Ts

I think it just seems that way because builders are literally always releasing some type of Rat or TS variant.
  4. petty1818

EQD Plumes is the #1 selling OD on Reverb.com

I think threads like this tend to bring out the negative reviews for some reason. Maybe it’s just me, but I think the Plumes is great and not just because of the price. I own a lot of the TGP boutique favourite OD pedals and often pick the Plumes.
  5. petty1818

Vox AC10 - bother changing tubes/speakers?

It’s odd that so many of you are saying a speaker change. The stock speaker sounds great. From what I have read, a lot of people experimented with other speakers only to go back to the stock one.
  6. petty1818

Revv D20 - Princeton Black Face Comparison

I have wanted a D20 for a while. Honestly, they don’t get talked about a lot on here but it seems like every YouTube channel that demos gear has one. They are loved in the actual session/online industry. I actually want one to use live.
  7. petty1818

Strymon- it's on!

I think the main thing is how much of a difference the JFET front end makes? To be honest, the added features of the V2 Pedals don’t matter to me. I just would love to know if they feel or sound better. If not, I would probably pick up some discounted V1 pedals.
  8. petty1818

Strymon- it's on!

You are not even going to wait and compare them? I would have to do it, even if I was planning on keeping the V2.
  9. petty1818

Psionic Audio

I don’t really like the term “stupid” in this topic. Some of the builders that Lyle has issues with are some of the most respected in the business. Just because he has an issue with their designs, doesn’t mean the builder is stupid. Let me be clear, I watch his videos and often find them...
  10. petty1818

Roger Waters' ego shows no signs of shrinking with age

Drake has been controversial in the rap/hip hop community because he collaborated with others when making albums. Apparently to be a true rapper, you need to be in complete creative control. However, he is a co-writer on most of his songs and it’s his sounds and topics that dominate albums. I...
  11. petty1818

I think sometimes we have to get ourselves out of the bubble we live in. I am bad for this as well. Drake might not seem like anything to us, but he’s massively popular. Those people who listen to him now and have been for years, will remember him 40 years from now. I bet those same people don’t...
  12. petty1818

Again, do you even know Drake? The guy is super talented. I agree that some generic bands or artists have producers or songwriters doing all the work, but Drake writes his music and lyrics. He’s not critically acclaimed for coming up with generic beats. The guy is talented. He’s clearly not a...
  13. petty1818

Yeah, Drake’s been around since 2010, actually even earlier than that and has numerous critically acclaimed albums, but definitely a “flavour of the week” type of guy. Honestly, I never get this need to bash on artists from other genres you might not like and do it by making uneducated comments...
  14. petty1818

Psionic Audio

I get that when he’s talking about Reissue Fender or Vox amps. It makes total sense. I don’t necessarily agree that they will breakdown as fast as he says (without component upgrades), but those videos I like. My issue is that he rips on every amp. I am admittedly a Carr fan, but I also know...
  15. petty1818

Mesa Boogie price increase

I was excited about the new California Tweeds and then I looked at the prices here in Canada. I mean, everything is going up but for that money, I would rather get a Carr amp.
  16. petty1818

Psionic Audio

I was actually shocked that he didn’t have anything bad to say about Victory amps. I thought for sure he would rip them apart, not because Victory is a bad company but he just seems to dislike lunchbox heads.
  17. petty1818

That amp that got away

Not technically on the same page as the other posts, but about seven years ago, a Carr Impala came up used and mint for $1500. At the time, I had just purchased a house so passed on it. It’s still one of my favourite Carr amps but I have never seen one since in my area or for a good price. I did...
  18. petty1818

Psionic Audio

Yeah, I once had a tech who would bash everything. Went twice and never went back again. In my experience, most are positive and don’t hate on everything.
  19. petty1818

Psionic Audio

I will admit that I watch his videos, but yes, he hates everything. I saw one he did on a Carr Rambler and he even had issues with it. If you were to listen to him, you would never buy an amp. The funny thing is, a lot of his issues are so minor such as loose jacks.
  20. petty1818

Strymon- it's on!

You mean Andertons, the music store that sells these pedals? They couldn’t be biased lol
  21. petty1818

Strymon- it's on!

I really hope we start getting some comprehensive tests between V1 and V2 in terms of feel and tones. I enjoy some of the reviews on here so far, but a lot of them come off as people just being excited/justifying the purchase of the V2 versions. Honestly, I kind of wish Strymon had just...
  22. petty1818

Do any of you feel weird about using artist "signature" gear? (Halo content)

What’s there to worry about? I could go out and play a PRS Silver Sky, which is clearly a signature guitar, and I bet I would never have anyone ask me about it and if they did, they most likely would just be curious about the headstock. I think sometimes we worry about things that are so small...
  23. petty1818

Your Latest Overdrive

The bass cut version is so good. I have owned 30+ OD pedals and the ODR is one of my favourites.
  24. petty1818

Anyone else go on an OD quest just to go back to the same thing ?

I haven't necessarily gone back to where I started, but I have come to realize that this OD obsession is a bit pointless as all of the options are just variations of the classics. I have probably at this point gone through 30-40 OD pedals and realistically, I could have kept and used any of...
  25. petty1818

Strymon- it's on!

I believe I saw the same video and thought the exact same thing. I just like to wait a bit to see what others think before I upgrade or try V2 versions. I was originally excited about the Flint potentially getting a tonal upgrade but it doesn’t sound like they’re much of a change.
Top Bottom