Search results

1. joegagan

Guitarist Youtuber with the BEST tones?

Thank you. I'm not worthy
  2. joegagan

1986, JTM50, Early Spec 1959 or JTM45/100..........

there is no 33k , or even 100k parallel the inductor in any italia. in our 2013 development, we found we loved it most with no R there at all.
  3. joegagan

1986, JTM50, Early Spec 1959 or JTM45/100..........

thanks. i don't think i included 33k in the kit, the loudest in the kit for the pre-v2 italia is 47k . 33k is easy to find tho. i have gradually made the italia more tuneable in the 7 years it has been around. if you email me at joegagan@gmail, and send photos of the guts, i can offer solutions...
  4. joegagan

WAH switching, hard soft,or medium (not step switch as in morley etc)

well said! i DO have a feeling that guys have gotten good at not switching them off by accident when switching medium.
  5. joegagan

thread title says the step switch wahs aren't in this.
  6. joegagan

there was a standard in wah pedals as far back as my first memory, 1975 ( playing ' shaft' in front of 3000 people at my highschool, at an event on a borrowed crybaby - never even got to rehearse with it ahead of time). the standard was: the switch would need body weight and a hard action to...
  7. joegagan

Might climb down the wah hole for a bit

i am gonna try one of the those 1967 clyde things. any good?
  8. joegagan

Joe Gagan Hotrod Clyde Ultra

@Yendog, please send the pedal back for full refund including all shipping. I will send prepaid printable label via reverb. You and I are not compatible. Happens sometimes. There will be no further product support for your wah. Your posts here contain lies and false analysis of my product...
  9. joegagan

Best pot replacement for GCB95 Crybaby and switching inductor

Yes. It's explained in an article I wrote: https://stinkfoot.se/archives/2514
  10. joegagan

you'll get better at soldering. keep doing it. the vocal mod R is the resistor parallel the inductor. normally 33k. study stinkfoot and other wah mod sites.
  11. joegagan

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/pot-shootout-6-pots-tested-in-69-crybaby.1943344/
  12. joegagan

I never tried a wh10 but if I did it would be a Wilson. The amazing thing about wah pots is they all sound different. Even when comparing 100K to 100K, even when the tapers look near identical on paper after measuring carefully. I did a 6 pot shootout years back , exact same wah, same amp...
  13. joegagan

I haven't tried the Wilson pots, Kevin is a good friend and has great quality. The hotpotz you mention is a fast ramp pot, the opposite of a more spread out taper such as audio or icar . Some people believe the vintage icar was simply audio , I agree in a general sense, all mfgrs have their own...
  14. joegagan

Could I have made that into a pretty excel spreadsheet or easy to digest ramp graphic? Yes. I like to leave it semi-cryptic, it weeds out the freeloaders.
  15. joegagan

Thank you @Albion9 . Appreciate it. @Moderato , great points, your findings are similar to mine. In 12 years of selling wah pots, I've heard many stories and seen many instances of resistance going high over time. The current square hotpotz in Dunlop wahs is plastic element , made by CTS...
  16. joegagan

Show your pedalboard: 2022

Was referring to this
  17. joegagan

Show your pedalboard: 2022

That vinetop is cool! Is that one of the gcb95 mod SOD specials i was making?
  18. joegagan

WAH: the best in your experience?

Any wah with voltage divider at end of circ before pot has high likelihood of doing fine with fuzz. The 1967 Marshall supa wah and its very close cousin colorsound inductor wah (also to include Musonic wah and joe-sonic) have voltage divider outputs. The colorsounds have been known for years...
  19. joegagan

The so-called "weyer mod" is a 10k output R in series with blue wire to pot from .22uf output cap.(.68 in the case of my woodstock plus and all Italias). Anyone can do it, easiest is to just put it at blue wire of wah pot between wire & pot lug. You lose a wee bit of low end. Adjust that...
  20. joegagan

CAE MC-404 Wah issues

wow, 2015! the CAE wahs i have had were the hotpotz2 100k.
  21. joegagan

put everything all the way up.
  22. joegagan

you're crazy ( you said to call you that) the mini crybaby is very cool sounding. the foot movement is actually wider than regular crybaby, which seems counter intuitive, but that's how they engineered it. if your pot went scratchy in the CAE wah, you must have had an early one. they originally...
  23. joegagan

There are 100 wahs i could think of to list. Recently , i was pleasantly surprised at how great the crybaby junior sounds. They captured a late 60s crybaby sound & feel very well. The shell is an engineering masterpiece, both in design and execution. I'm not so stoked about the plastic...
  24. joegagan

these threads are always so great. wah is very personal, and rig dependent. there is no 'best' - only what's best for you - and this may change rapidly.
  25. joegagan

Thank you, that was a beautiful clip. That is the italia 635, but i can tell it is set to fairly normal italia sounds, so its a goid representation of italia in general.
Top Bottom