Search results

1. zhivago

How long would you leave a guitar consigned at a shop?

I have a guitar consigned at the moment, and it is fast approaching the three months mark of being with the shop without a sale. I am curious, how long would you leave a guitar at a shop before deciding to bring it back home?
  2. zhivago

What do you guys think about this Esquire?

It's been on sale for a while...it has a number of issues, for sure. What do you guys think? Esquire...
  3. zhivago

New project - Dumb Flesh

Hi everyone, after many years of creative inactivity, I am involved in a new project, playing guitar. We just put three demos up...check them out. :) Dumb Flesh Demos
  4. zhivago

Alan Sparhawk (of Low) Guitar Lessons online!

I just discovered these yesterday by complete accident.... A great introduction to open G, which he has used pretty much exclusively over the years. :) There are three lessons at the moment... Week 1: Week 2: Week 3: :cool:
  5. zhivago

GE 5R4GB rectifier tube for Matchless Lightning...

Hi everyone, I have read in the past that I can drop a 5R4GB in my Matchless Lightning. I eventually got curious and picked up a NOS GE and it arrived this morning. Before I put it in the amp I thought I'd check with you guys if it is ok to do it and that it won't melt in the amp! :) This...
  6. zhivago

BJFE Candy Apple Fuzz question...

Hey everyone, I have a quick question for the BJFE CAF users. I currently have a Ge Bearfoot CAF. It is an excellent pedal, but I have been thinking about trying to pick up a BJFE made CAF. What I would like to know is how bright is the 3-knob BJFE CAF? The reason I ask is that on my...
  7. zhivago

BJFE Model H 4K...wow, just wow.

I just received a custom shop 4 knob Model H. :) I've had a Bearfoot Model H 4K for quite a while as my main drive, and thought it would be cool to try the BJFE version. By a bizarre twist of fate, I came across a custom shop 4k model (I had no idea these existed - I thought there were only...
  8. zhivago

Care to have a look at this '50s Tweed Princeton for me?

Hello gents, I have come across a '57 Tweed Princeton that is in a nearby shop (so I can try it out this weekend), and I was wondering if you could have a look at the guts and tell me if you see anything dodgy. The transformers are meant to be original, it has had a changed speaker...all...
  9. zhivago

New ZZ Top tracks coming soon (for real this time!)

http://zztop.com/news/81091 yay! :)
  10. zhivago

Very late 70s Marshall 4x12 cab dilemma...

Hello all, I have an old Marshall 4x12, with original speakers, The cab's tolex is pretty rough, one plastic handle is missing, and the other is broken. I do have metal repro handles, that I never got around to installing. It also has casters installed. And someone coloured the logo gold...
  11. zhivago

What is the most efficient 12" speaker that Celestion makes?

I guess the thread title says it all :) What is the most efficient 12" speaker that Celestion makes?
  12. zhivago

The Fender Tremolux....

The Fender Tremolux is an amp that's very rarely talked about online.... I own a Blackface 1965 model that I love to bits....it broke down a while back, and I just came back from my tech, who's got it up and running again. he fired it up and commented on what an amazing sound it has and...
  13. zhivago

Sanding a cab.....

Hi everyone, I removed the old tolex from a cab I have, and now I need to sand it down so I can apply some new tolex. What grades of sanding paper should I use? many thanks in advance, John
  14. zhivago

BJFE Pale Green Compressor > BJFE Honey Bee

HI guys, I've lurked for years here, with the occasional post here and there, and I thought I'd start my first thread. I'm looking at getting a BJFE Pale Green Compressor and a BJFE Honey Bee soon-ish (need to sell off some stuff first to raise the funds) The guitars I play are two vintage...
Top Bottom