Search results

1. C

New Dr. Z amp: 40 Watter With One 30 watt Speaker?

there is one on sale at eddiesguitars.com also that has the g12h30 so this is coming from dr z like this
  2. C

Need help from Husky (Suhr)

I agree, even though I am no tube expert I tend to yank JJ tubes and replace them with Chinese 12ax7, Sovtec LPS, or preferebly the tong sols. I make sure I have tong sols in every v1 spot in my amps at the very least. In the CAA I have them in V1 and V2
  3. C

I like the tong sols, they seem good to me. I still have on JJ ec83. I always hear mixed things about the JJs some love em and some think of them as junk
  4. C

Sam hill ( Mark Day) helped me with biasing using the resisters. He made sure I was measuring the right thing.
  5. C

The power tubes were never changed, still same ones that came with the amp. The only tubes I ever changed were v1 and v2 where I put tong sol 12ax7's. The reading accross the resisters is now 35 VDC or 35mA. When I first checked after I already warmed it up via bias rite, it showed 32mA so it...
  6. C

it fricken does, now i know why i kept fighting with the amp. i was told they are biased at 37 mA from the factory so I just assumed it was biased already at the recommended setting, so I was relieved to know that it was at 18 mA and really cold. that harshness and brittleness i kept...
  7. C

Yes, thats what I got it at now and I love this amp!!!!!! It was set before to 18mA
  8. C

OK just got it set to 32mA on bias rite. The amp sounds like it just opened up and came alive. Just played for about 20 minutes like this and everything seems to be ok. Power tubes dont look like they are red plating or anything.
  9. C

Well I just got it to 25mA and it sounded better. I am going to try to bump it up a bit more. I think the very cold bias might be one of the reasons I wasnt 100% jiving with the amp
  10. C

The amp is great, I just have to keep the bass and treble lower then most. I really like the clean channel.
  11. C

I was told 37mA when biasing normal and about 32mA on the bias right from John Suhr which is about 68%. My amp was at 18mA which is pretty low. I am not trying to start a confrontation with John Suhr. He has been very helpful with me in the past and dealing with me as I try to learn all this...
  12. C

Hey will the caps at C35 and C39 kill me? They are right by the bias trim pot. I dont want to accidently have the screw driver bump those..
  13. C

OK I doubled checked on ted weber site and with my other probe. My amp is definitely biased at 19 mA which is insanely cold. Measured all the tubes and they are about 18.8- 19.8. To get to 65% i need to bump it up to 35mA but I want someone to confirm. Plate volate is 475(but I see 450 due to...
  14. C

Finally got around to hooking up bias rite(ted weber) to my od 100 When amp is standby i get readings of 0 for I(bias level) and o for V(Plate voltage) Granted I am only looking at one tube at a time. I am getting a pate voltage reading of 450 and then a bias reading of 20. I was...
Top Bottom