Search results

1. Zim

Split 412 cab?

Ah, good to know. This is what I was thinking of doing. Maybe a Headbone (or some other ver.) is a better way to go
  2. Zim

Split 412 cab?

Hey guys, been out of the loop for a while. Is anyone making a 412 cab that can be ran with 212 on right and left? And switch to all 4 if you want? I know years ago there where cabs out there like that. And if so, who makes a great one that sounds great? Thanks.
  3. Zim

Orange Tiny Terror.

So, we can do 2 16ohm cabs daisy chained into 1 8ohm out? V30 seems to be the choice so far, lol.
  4. Zim

Orange Tiny Terror.

Hey Guys- I got a Orange Tiny Terror inbound and I was wondering what cab/speaker(s) do you guys prefer for this amp and why? Also, I see 1 16ohm out and 2x 8ohm. Does that mean it can run 2 8ohm cabs at once? I looked up Tiny Terror and found some info here, but not really what I am after info...
  5. Zim

How many of you gig w/ low watt amps?

I'll be shaking things up soon. Been mainly dealing with my new (old) bass rig. But carry on, I love reading this thread!
  6. Zim

Bassman.

Maybe I was off on my prices a bit? But I was looking at listings on Ebay and they are just nuts. BF are $1k+ side and Blondes are looking around $2-3K point...?? I do have a lead on a SF Bassman 100. But that is way more than I was looking for... I will watch for the oldies, but keep...
  7. Zim

Bassman.

Ok guys. Who makes a great PTP Bassman head? BF and/or Blonde specs? I have been looking at buying a vintage one, but they have gone way up in price and I would be just as happy w/ a new PTP well made, great sounding NEW one! And not have to worry so much about playing the snot out of it and...
  8. Zim

Valvetrain Amps

lol, Those are my pics of the guts. I ended up buying the amp. And forgot about this thread. Very great amps.
  9. Zim

First Amp on a ~$300 budget?

Wow, no one suggested the Fender Super Champ XD by now??? Great amp! And it might help develop a "tone" that you like and when you are ready to move on to a bigger amp, you will have a better idea as to what sound you are after. They are $300 new or find a used one from around $200-$250.
  10. Zim

Super Champ XD Fan Club

Ok guys. For you of you that like the Orginal speaker but want a lil' more beef for the higher volumes, I think I found it. I installed a Rola J10 RI Alinico in mine.And it sounds like a great Fender should. All that Sparkle and chime are there. Not a "Perfect" sound of stock, but close enough...
  11. Zim

ITS JUST NOT FAIR!! All the new mini bass heads but no guitar amps. Whats the deal?

That would be great! That is one of my all time favorite amps. And I'm not a big fan of Mesa Boogie, but when I tried one at GC, I tried to trade in my rig, but they were total assholes and would only offer my $300 in trade towards it. I have about $1600 in my rig and I thought that a total...
  12. Zim

ITS JUST NOT FAIR!! All the new mini bass heads but no guitar amps. Whats the deal?

Most of them are Hybrid amps.They have a tube in the pre-amp, not all all straight SS amps. My Genz-Benz Shuttle has a Tube pre and sound great. 600watts and under 5lbs. Can get a prtty good tube grind as well.
  13. Zim

Speaker Cable

Does anyone know where I can find some good speaker cables on the cheap? I need the ones they make for combos that a 1/4" on one end and the +/- forks/tabs on the other. (I know there is a term for those, but damned if I can think of it) Thanks.
  14. Zim

Super Champ XD Fan Club

I seen you had it listed. I am after the Original speaker as the stepping point for other speakers to A/B them. I love the sound of the original speaker best, until you crank it and then it is just sad. Now if I could find a speaker that sounds exactly like the Fender stock speaker and still...
  15. Zim

Super Champ XD Fan Club

My SCXD came in yesterday. I think this makes my 7th one. I won't be letting this one go unless it is for a Blonde one. Otherwise, I plan on getting a head cab and going either 210 or 410 cab. Already ordering new knobs ala Mike9. It has a RC in it and I have a Rola Alinico RI I will drop in it...
  16. Zim

Super Champ XD Fan Club

Maybe the cable is wrong? And do you have the little push button for the channel select set right for foots witch work?
  17. Zim

Super Champ XD Fan Club

Whoa: AfJ-iNwrVfc rXdTJ9vFRwg Gp2Ee6GgwA4
  18. Zim

Bassman Amps

Ok, I think after years of bouncing around amps and all, I think I want to go back to what I use to play for years. I like it simple and a great platform for my pedals. And Bassman just KILLED in this realm. (plus it was a great back-up for my bass rig if needed, lol) I use to run a 1965 BF...
  19. Zim

Super Champ XD Fan Club

yup. well, they use to put EH tubes in.
  20. Zim

Super Champ XD Fan Club

So the control panel is not black?
  21. Zim

Super Champ XD Fan Club

Damn, that blond cab looks great! Is that a brown face on it too?
  22. Zim

first gig for trainwreck "desiree" tonight!!!!

Were you the Tele or the LP guy? I'm guessing the LP guy...
  23. Zim

Super Champ XD Fan Club

Ok, coming home to SCXD AGAIN, lol. Ok, we have talked about speaker mods and all, but what of pedals? I find that pedals act funny on ch2 but seem to do ok on ch1. Does anyone have any favorites for this tone monster?
  24. Zim

The Amp Guts Appreciation Thread ! !

Valvetrain Concord:
  25. Zim

How many of you gig w/ low watt amps?

Been jamming on a Valvetrain Concord as of late... Great sounding amp.
Top Bottom