Search results

1. cyberprimate

Famous players with only 1 or 2 electric guitars, who ?

I can only think of Brian May and Chuck Berry right now. Who else? Cochran and Buddy Holly don't count, not enough time for being infected with GAS.
  2. cyberprimate

Tele owners, what's the exact distance between the bridge and the neck pickup?

I want to place a Tele neck pickup on a 24.75 bolt-on neck project.
  3. cyberprimate

Exact enough so that I can know how far from the neck pickup the saddles are on average. I guess the better question would be how far from the nut the neck pickup is.
  4. cyberprimate

I mean between the saddles and the center of the neck pickup? Thanks
  5. cyberprimate

"I've become increasingly skeptical that higher-output bridge pickups are necessarily a good thing!"

I guess that's the point of Joe Gore in that statement. If you lose a little bit of clarity in the bridge position by designing a louder bridge pickup to balance it with the neck, it's not a good idea.
  6. cyberprimate

"I've become increasingly skeptical that higher-output bridge pickups are necessarily a good thing!"

I'm quoting Joe Gore here. What do you think ? And what does he think? Edit: Joe Gore said that in the context of having the exact same pickup (Lollar Charlie Christian) for both bridge and neck positions as there's no CC bridge pickup available. Here, at 2 min :
  7. cyberprimate

Throbak DS-55 Pickups- Any Experiences?

Any more experience with this pickup ?
  8. cyberprimate

P90 in a humbucker size. Worth it?

e???, I've read many of your comments about P90s and you seem to be super experienced with them. I only know the P90 on my 1950's ES-125. - do you still stand by the idea that the SD Antiquity is the closest to 50's P90 and "the better sounding, more musical P-90 pickup" ? - any idea of what...
  9. cyberprimate

Charlie Christian pickup near the bridge, bad idea?

I didn't mention it was for a Gibson Melody Maker (1965 with missing pickups), anyway I'll probably make the jump. I can imagine that a CC pickup near the bridge has a certain coherence, maybe more than near the neck in fact. When I look at Lollar's tone chart for his Charlie Christian pickup...
  10. cyberprimate

Charlie Christian pickup near the bridge, bad idea?

I know Gibson lap steel guitars had one in the 1930's, but for a standard guitar, has anyone tried it?
  11. cyberprimate

What middle pickup on a Gibson (Melody Maker) for a Tele neck pickup kind of tone?

I don't care if it's out of balance in terms of output with the other two pickups. I'm considering giving that middle pickup its own circuit with its own output.
  12. cyberprimate

What middle pickup on a Gibson (Melody Maker) for a Tele neck pickup kind of tone?

I want to add a middle pickup on my Melody Maker. Both bridge and neck pickups are Gibson humbuckers. I know I'll never get that Tele neck sound but I'd like to get as close as possible in that direction. Sweet bright tone with a with a certain vocal quality. What pickup would you recommend...
  13. cyberprimate

Firebird pickups to get this tone...

I looked at the frequency chart of the FIrebird at Lollar's site. It looks pretty similar to the chart of his Gold foil pickup interestingly. A little bit more bass and attack on the Gold Foil. The map is not the territory though.
  14. cyberprimate

What bridge pickup are you using with your neck gold foil?

Some use gold foil pickups (or Guyatone versions) with pleasing results seemingly.
  15. cyberprimate

Anyone that prefers the Melody Maker to the Les Paul?

Have you had the chance to compare this Lollar pickup with any real P90 ?
  16. cyberprimate

Same Pat Travers mod here.
  17. cyberprimate

And why? And why not? Modded?
  18. cyberprimate

Julian Lage’s Custom Collings Electric

I'm sure it plays great, possibly better than any Gretsch Duo Jet. But i don't find the body shape as nice and harmonious as the original model.
  19. cyberprimate

What bridge pickup are you using with your neck gold foil?

Has anyone tried a Guyatone gold foil in the bridge position?
  20. cyberprimate

Has anyone tried this alternative tremolo (vibrato) arm ?

There's a dedicated offset fender version. This company is either silly or confident about their designs. https://www.goeldo.de/en/tremolos-und-parts/goeldo-tremolos-et-al./3711/goeldo-dg-tremolo-for-offset-guitars-in-jm/jg-style?c=296
  21. cyberprimate

Has anyone tried this alternative tremolo (vibrato) arm ?

https://www.goeldo.de/en/tremolos-und-parts/goeldo-tremolos-et-al./3739/goeldo-dg-tremolo-in-shorty-design?c=296
Top Bottom